I just received a reply, and I'm very pleased with Mr. Maguire.

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

My office has been in direct contact with the office of the Minister of Public Works in response to your email.

I have been advised there have been no changes from a Government of Canada perspective ? ie. Federal Departments. It was the Board of Internal Economy for the House of Commons that decided to integrate iPhones for employees who wish to have one.
    I have personally written to the Speaker of the House of Commons to provide you with a response to your questions related to security.

On a personal note, my office, including myself all use Blackberry devices and will continue to do so into the future.

I want to thank you once again for bringing this matter to my attention. If I can be of assistance on any federally related issue, please don?t hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely,

Larry N. Maguire, MP
    Brandon-Souris

Posted via CB10

EDIT: the CB10 app made a mess of the cut and paste, I had to go back in and fix the formatting.
    01-07-14 07:09 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:12 PM
    Great that you got a response and looks like action was taken. I still have not heard a peep from all the individuals I wrote to. I made need to send a forward of my previous email and ask for an update.
    Gunner24 likes this.
    01-09-14 11:49 AM
    Conservative party has always been selling out to the Americans since Avro arrow debacle.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and Clanked like this.
    01-12-14 09:18 PM
    BYOD FTW! Nough said
    01-15-14 02:51 PM
    Recv'd a response today (took a while):

OTTAWA

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Board of Internal Economy�s decision to expand the eligible mobile devices to include iPhones.

The Board of Internal Economy, comprised of members from all parties, recently announced it will provide access to the latest smartphone platforms as well as increase choice with access to the latest Black Berry platforms - the Q10 and Z10 - which they do not currently have. I support this decision.

All eligible devices will meet security requirements.

Sincerely,

John Duncan, PC, MP
    Vancouver Island North
    03-05-14 03:11 PM
    Perhaps the Canadian Government would stay with BlackBerry if they were given more financial benefits from BlackBerry. Eventually this iPhone DROID nonsense has got to pass. I thought security should be the Governments first priority not posting to Facebook.
    03-05-14 04:40 PM
    100% legitimate points. I will be sending emails. Anyone who says the Canadian gov' does not owe BlackBerry a special duty of care is BS. As a smaller nation, we should try and preserve more of our history and appreciate it. I live in Toronto and we destroy our history way too often to replace it with garbage. Just waiting for them to destroy the exhibition. Where is our culture? Plus, what is wrong with BlackBerry anyways?!

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-05-14 10:23 PM
158 ... 567