Let's dispute this article and post comments on the Canadian Business site expressing our disagreement with the points raised.

The article says that in the Q4 of 2012 Blackberry had only 4.5% marketshare in Canada according to IDC. I believe they are only quoting % of sales in the Q4 not taking into account the actual number of BBs currently in use. I have been seeing a huge disparity in "marketshare" numbers with some sources saying currently 26% in Canada and now this article saying 4.5%. What gives??!! If it's %sales, of course it's low in Q4! Everyone is waiting for BB10! Who would buy a legacy OS7 device right before the BB10 launch??

Any patriotic support BlackBerry once had at home has been mostly lost: analyst - Canadian Business
    stevepar likes this.
    02-05-13 08:57 PM
    Let's dispute this article and post comments on the Canadian Business site expressing our disagreement with the points raised.

The article says that in the Q4 of 2012 Blackberry had only 4.5% marketshare in Canada according to IDC. I believe they are only quoting % of sales in the Q4 not taking into account the actual number of BBs currently in use. I have been seeing a huge disparity in "marketshare" numbers with some sources saying currently 26% in Canada and now this article saying 4.5%. What gives??!! If it's %sales, of course it's low in Q4! Everyone is waiting for BB10! Who would buy a legacy OS7 device right before the BB10 launch??

Any patriotic support BlackBerry once had at home has been mostly lost: analyst - Canadian Business
    AGAIN??? How many times a month.....

There has been systemic misuse of "marketshare" on the forum....I remember even a "movement" started trumpeting erroneous usage of the term. I gently suggested that they might need ot rethink the numbers, and left it at that. Now, in the last month, I've been involved in at least two threads regarding this. In regard to phone sales, marketshare IS the proportion of phone sales in that time period.

I do disagree with the article in that sales to developing nations are so different than sales here, that a meaningful comparison of patriotism can't be made. I think that the best comparison is to the US, and that would suggest that indeed, BB still deserves a enjoys a great deal of patriotic support, even if it has dissipated considerably.
    02-05-13 09:13 PM
    The last launch of a "flagship" Blackberry device was almost two years ago. Of course Blackberry's market share is going to be low. I find these rear-view analyses to be astonishingly stupid.
    02-05-13 09:14 PM
    the patriotic support is much higher than the sales of the old phones, clearly, obviously, every Canadian knows that...
    02-05-13 09:41 PM
    lol yet the Z10 is sold out in the major areas in the country. please these peopel are ****ed
    spike12 likes this.
    02-05-13 09:51 PM
    I don't ever remember analysts as being the tops in tech reviews....nor having the technical background to do so. Most of them don''t seem to have the ability nor time to read any factual data.
    However, they now seem to influence so much of the stock market. This attitude is blindly followed by some reporters that have no interest in factual reporting nor facts, and just twist news for
    their own viewpoint.
    No wonder I'm not interested in certain news apps.
    02-05-13 09:53 PM
    I don't ever remember analysts as being the tops in tech reviews....nor having the technical background to do so. Most of them don''t seem to have the ability nor time to read any factual data.
    However, they now seem to influence so much of the stock market. This attitude is blindly followed by some reporters that have no interest in factual reporting nor facts, and just twist news for
    their own viewpoint.
    No wonder I'm not interested in certain news apps.
    no wonder why the crackberry community is so mean
    02-05-13 09:55 PM
    Canadian business is always negative. The magazine had a shattered BlackBerry on their cover a couple months ago.
    02-05-13 11:16 PM