Any indication of market share stabilising and showing a slight uptick is good news. They are where they are, that it's still a small minority isn't very relevant at the moment.
    You're right when you say, "They are where they are." The thing is that I don't see them having a comprehensive strategy on how to recover. They seem to have several different plans and change everyday. Going back to their roots with keyboard phones doesn't seem to be a good idea, in my opinion.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    06-13-14 07:23 PM
    If BlackBerry management had viewed the Apple iPhone as a potential competitor instead of dismissing it as a toy, the current situation might be quite different. Hubris cost the company mindshare, marketshare and revenue. Whatever form BlackBerry ultimately morphs into we know it won't ever be the industry pioneer ever again.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-14-14 10:41 PM
    If BlackBerry management had viewed the Apple iPhone as a potential competitor instead of dismissing it as a toy, the current situation might be quite different. Hubris cost the company mindshare, marketshare and revenue. Whatever form BlackBerry ultimately morphs into we know it won't ever be the industry pioneer ever again.

While they are famous for that mistake, I think equally important was just how long they struggled trying to force a square OS into a round hole. That caused them to turn to QNX very late and really compounded the issues. Like cobbling some sort of house on lousy foundations, I consider it forced them to make some questionable decisions with short term gain but very bad long term repercussions. That delay, given the incredible speed of the industry now, is turning out to be quite pivotal, IMO.
    06-14-14 11:07 PM

Absolutely right.

And they're still insisting on emphasizing keyboards. Their failure to recognize that people want touch devices is huge mistake that history is to view as equally stupid and could easily be the downfall of the company.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-15-14 07:18 AM
    Any one can throw a graph together. I don't believe this for a second. Mobile Syrup...? Get real...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 03:00 PM
    Why even post weather or not you believe these numbers are this point, what you believe or don't believe in irrelevant in a couple of days we will have some concrete numbers.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 04:18 PM
    He say's that because if the people were informed about the numerous advantages that Blackberry phones have over all others then they would purchase a Blackberry. Now they may be uneducated because they do not know about Blackberry's superiority (fault Rim, Carriers), or they may be fashion trendies (fault the individual), or they may be educated fanboys (fault the individual hard headedness). Either way, Blackberry is clearly the superior product, ergo if most people were informed of such, then they would prolly purchase accordingly.
    If it were "clearly the superior product", people would develop apps for it. They don't. They have to leech apps from a more successful platform.

But nice try.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-17-14 01:11 AM
    He say's that because if the people were informed about the numerous advantages that Blackberry phones have over all others then they would purchase a Blackberry. Now they may be uneducated because they do not know about Blackberry's superiority (fault Rim, Carriers), or they may be fashion trendies (fault the individual), or they may be educated fanboys (fault the individual hard headedness). Either way, Blackberry is clearly the superior product, ergo if most people were informed of such, then they would prolly purchase accordingly.
    First off I think you mean, "He says..." or "He said...".

Secondly your comment only makes sense if you first have decided that BlackBerry is the best. And who is he to say that it is?

How is BlackBerry clearly superior? Stop being silly.

06-17-14 05:57 AM
    Why even post weather...
    I agree. You should just use an app. Weather Network is really good. So it BlackBerry Weather.

06-17-14 06:00 AM
    Come to think of it, I do see quite a bit of BlackBerrys when I head downtown. Whether it's on the TTC or in the Streets. Mostly Z10s' and a few Q10's. I saw a Z30 once in the wild but that was around 2 months ago and haven't seen one since lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 10:07 AM
    The best place to see the elusive BlackBerry here in the USA is at airports. I see tons of q10s and 9900s. The species seem to thrive here inside captivity of airports. They don't fare too well in the wild with predators such as iPhone and GSs' flocking in herds. I would imagine the same would go for Canadian airports. If you have a chance, take your family to the airports to see these majestic phones before they go extinct.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-17-14 10:24 AM
    The best place to see the elusive BlackBerry here in the USA is at airports. I see tons of q10s and 9900s. The species seem to thrive here inside captivity of airports. They don't fare too well in the wild with predators such as iPhone and GSs' flocking in herds. I would imagine the same would go for Canadian airports. If you have a chance, take your family to the airports to see these majestic phones before they go extinct.

Posted via CB10
    You do see BlackBerry devices. Almost exclusively BBOS devices and not BB10. As people's contracts have been expiring they have mostly been moving on to other platforms instead of BB10. Very unfortunate.

06-17-14 09:04 PM
37 12