I dont know if its possible but is there an app for the Tour to do GPS?? THanks
    11-02-09 12:57 PM
    You mean like BlackBerry Maps (on the phone), Google Maps (download from Google's mobile site), etc?

Also, do this:

Options > Advanced Options > GPS > set Source to "Device" and services to "On"
    11-02-09 01:30 PM
    Via wap, I can't see your carrier, but if it's VZW then you're locked into VZNav, if it's Sprint they may have gps unlocked and you may be able to purchase Garmin for BB... I did that with my alltel berry before vzw took control of my account, it works like a garmin gps device in the car, on foot, etc.... Check with your carrier and they will tell you about your options for "turn-by-turn" gps... They will try to talk you into their carrier sponsored app, vznav, telnav etc. but if gps is unlocked on your phone and you can get garmin, then as your attorney, I advise you to front the $$$ for the app from them instead of paying $9/month for gps from your carrier, in 24 months that's twice what you'd pay for garmin for a single device license...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:07 AM
    There are lots of apps for using GPS. I'm also on USCC and use Google Maps, BlackBery Maps, and amAzeGPS (free version works fine). Garmin also has a version that works on the Tour.
    11-03-09 07:55 AM
    Via wap, I can't see your carrier, but if it's VZW then you're locked into VZNav, if it's Sprint they may have gps unlocked and you may be able to purchase Garmin for BB... I did that with my alltel berry before vzw took control of my account, it works like a garmin gps device in the car, on foot, etc.... Check with your carrier and they will tell you about your options for "turn-by-turn" gps... They will try to talk you into their carrier sponsored app, vznav, telnav etc. but if gps is unlocked on your phone and you can get garmin, then as your attorney, I advise you to front the $$$ for the app from them instead of paying $9/month for gps from your carrier, in 24 months that's twice what you'd pay for garmin for a single device license...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's because you're on a curve 8330. No gps on that phone. The OP has a Tour. There is GPS on the Tour, and you can use 3rd party apps for a turn by turn gps, or you can use google maps as well. Not great, but gets the job done.
    11-03-09 08:12 AM
    Verizon has NOT locked the gps on the Tour or the Storms. 3rd party apps can be used.
    11-03-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD