my 8330 has OS v.4.3.0127

can i upgrade to 4.5 or something? or are you stuck with the version your BB comes with?

help.... im so damn ******** when it comes to technological stuff like this...
    08-18-08 09:26 PM
    You can upgrade...just do a search of the boards of the safe way to upgrade.
    08-18-08 09:27 PM
    where do i search? you know how you go specifically to the apple website to get upgrades for any apple products, well where do i go for blackberry upgrades?
    08-18-08 09:28 PM
    08-18-08 09:30 PM
    Wow! Plummer set you up, man, . A couple of things to keep in mind. When you download desktop manager and the new operating system, use the save option and save them to your desktop. Install desktop manager first. Back up your Berry - this will also let you know if your DM see's your device. Unplug your berry and close DM. Now install your new OS to your computer, delete your vendor file, plug your berry in and then start DM. It should see your Berry and search for and find the new OS. Now you are on your way. Follow the instructions and DO NOT unplug your berry until DM says install is done. It'll look like it is locked up but it isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 10:21 PM
    ok so i'm still so confused. i downloaded the upgrade from the blackberry website and i looked at the "how to install or upgrade a new OS" tutorial.... but i have a macbook and that tutorial only mentions PCs....
    HELP
    08-18-08 10:45 PM
    ok so i'm still so confused. i downloaded the upgrade from the blackberry website and i looked at the "how to install or upgrade a new OS" tutorial.... but i have a macbook and that tutorial only mentions PCs....
    HELP
    You can't upgrade a BlackBerry using a Mac. You have to use a PC. Desktop Manager doesn't run on Macs.
    08-19-08 08:21 AM
    ^^^ WOW, that is teh sucks!^^^
    08-19-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD