02-28-14 09:13 AM
32 12
tools
    If you sum everything up (I own stocks, have owned several BlackBerry devices and accessories), BlackBerry has earned a few thousand dollars from me over the last few years. I'll be happy to continue throwing my money at them if they produce products I want, but I'm not about to donate to a for-profit company, even if I do want to see them thrive.
    02-27-14 08:19 PM
    Already donated about $550 last year by buying a Z10, if that isn't enough, I don't know what other is

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-27-14 08:33 PM
    OP really? "BlackBerry is now a Charity" the headlines would scream! You are better off starting a charity to feed the hungry and disenfranchised. BlackBerry is just a Tech company they are in business, which means they assume risks!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:53 PM
    One of their redundant manager's salary would cover everyone in this thread many times over plus some.
    I ain't got time for that...
    02-28-14 01:31 AM
    I love these threads where someone suggests that we give money to BB. Do you honestly think BB cares about you? They want you to buy their phones and could give a **** about anything else. The notion in here that BB is some poor little company that loves us and just wants everyone to love them back is ridiculous. They are no different than any other large company. Their motive is profit and profit only. If you honestly think that BB cares about you consider how the Playbook debacle was handled. "Yes, BB10 is coming to the Playbook." Months later "Sorry, we aren't releasing it for the Playbook and are done with it. But enjoy the $500 brick you purchased!" There are so many examples of this type of behavior by them it's a miracle they have any customers left.
    bbq10l, JeepBB, Rello and 1 others like this.
    02-28-14 06:33 AM
    Charge a dollar per year for some premium services / add-ons...unlimited file size sharing, stickers, land-line calls, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:35 AM
    I love these threads where someone suggests that we give money to BB. Do you honestly think BB cares about you? They want you to buy their phones and could give a **** about anything else. The notion in here that BB is some poor little company that loves us and just wants everyone to love them back is ridiculous. They are no different than any other large company. Their motive is profit and profit only. If you honestly think that BB cares about you consider how the Playbook debacle was handled. "Yes, BB10 is coming to the Playbook." Months later "Sorry, we aren't releasing it for the Playbook and are done with it. But enjoy the $500 brick you purchased!" There are so many examples of this type of behavior by them it's a miracle they have any customers left.
    ^^^This. I've payed top dollar for PlayBook, Z10, Bold 9900, etc. The PlayBook being basically my "donation" to them because it wasn't ready at release and I believed them when they stated they would complete the device. Even bought the two year extended warranty from BlackBerry direct on top of that and luckily never had to use it. Time for BlackBerry to man up and tell the world about their products instead of asking us to do it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:13 AM
32 12