I've been deleting emails sent to my handheld from my gmail account by selecting the delete option (on mailbox and handheld), but it doesn't seem to delete them from my gmail account. Is there a way to make this happen?
    10-13-08 04:51 PM
    It should work.

Do you have Wireless Reconcile turned on? It is the option under "Delete On".

Deleting messages on your BB will delete the message in your Gmail inbox.

Deleting messages from your Gmail inbox will not delete the message in you BB inbox.
    10-13-08 05:06 PM
    the option is on...now on conflicts, i have "mailbox wins" as the option. Do I need to switch that to handheld?
    10-13-08 06:06 PM
    No, I have mine set as Mailbox wins and it still works.

One thing to note, if you use the "Delete Prior" option on the BB, it will not delete the emails off Gmail's servers. It will only work if you delete the emails one by one or select a string of emails and delete them that way.

If that still doesn't work, I would suggest deleting the Gmail association from the BIS access webpage. Resend service books, then re-adding Gmail, and resend service books again.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.
    10-14-08 11:49 AM
    no can do. gmail's implementation IMAP is crippled, offering no more functionality than standard POP.
    10-14-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD