Hi Everybody,

I'm new to CB and I just recently got a BB Curve 8330 with Verizon. I was able to successfully push one of my email accounts down, but for some reason, It won't let me push my Gmail email down. Is Gmail not compatible with BB ? or is this something Verizon is blocking ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips or suggestions on how to resolve this.
    06-14-08 08:03 PM
    Are you sure you are doing everything correctly? My gmail works perfectly. To answer your question, Gmail works fine with BB and verizon doesn't block it.
    06-14-08 08:09 PM
    I don't have Verizon but I get my gmail on my phone. I went a differnt way though I just went into my gmail settings and had them fowarded to my blackberry email account. Works great for me
    06-14-08 08:19 PM
    Works fine for me - I'm using the IMAP service on GMail (with SSL, I believe it uses port 993 as I recall) - took all of a minute to set up on the BIS page at T-Mobile, and it works fine now with my Curve.
    06-14-08 08:27 PM
    You added gmail to your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 08:28 PM
    You added gmail to your BB?

Yup - works just fine. I *had* been using their applet, but finally decided I could simplify just by folding that account in with the other 4 email accounts I'm using all in the same BB inbox.

On your carrier's BIS page, General Settings are straightforward:
    Email Account Name
    Reply To (email address)
    Your Name (a person's name!)
    User Name (for logging into your GMail account)
    Password
    Email Signature

On Advanced Settings, I have:

Email Server: imap.gmail.com
    Email Server type: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Timeout: 120 seconds
    SSL: {checked}

...and that's it!

Works perfectly...

- Jon

PS: This particular account is using the paid version of Google Apps / Email...not sure if that's a difference re: using BB - don't think so, though.
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 06-14-08 at 08:40 PM.
    06-14-08 08:37 PM
    Alltel 8830 and forwarded gmail works just fine for me. Have also used IMAP and that works fine with gmail with no issues whatsoever.

06-14-08 08:41 PM
    If you set up Gmail in your BIS account, it should do it automatically and it will push it to your phone instantly. You will have to set up a filter on your BIS login page to filter out the emails you send to other people. Search the forums for how to do this.
    06-14-08 08:50 PM
    I have verizon and a 8330 that I just purchased yesterday with 2 gmail accounts active on it. All I did was add e-mail accounts through the phone typed in the e-mail account and password and that was it. I just tested them both and push is perfect. You have to add through the phone on verizon though. Hope this helps.

06-14-08 08:56 PM
    Push is no problem with IMAP... Gmail will not, however, reconcile read messages between online Gmail and the BB.
    06-14-08 08:58 PM
    Ensure you changed your Gmail settings to allow Pop!

In settings, go to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab and enable POP and IMAP.

I am going to try the IMAP setup, ty vinmontRD
    06-14-08 09:13 PM
    Also within the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, you click the links below "Configuration Instructions," it shows you how to configure it.

06-14-08 09:15 PM
    Jayden0606...

You hit it right on the nail !!! That was it...I had the POP & IMAP "dis-abled".

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
    06-14-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD