Can you imagine if at Blackberry Jam, Heins start out by saying Surprise!!! L-series and N-series available next week,LOL
    Last edited by elxavi; 09-18-12 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-17-12 10:21 PM
    Can you imagen if at Blackberry Jam, Heins start out by saying Surprise!!! L-series and N-series available next week,LOL
    I can't even imagen!
    09-17-12 10:25 PM
    I think CrackBerry Kevin's head would explode.
    anon(3896606) and drjay868 like this.
    09-17-12 10:28 PM
    Would be cool, but totally illegal for them to do something like that. They would get sued hardcore for stock price manipulation. Public companies can't announce a fake delay...

Sh!t, that would be so awesome though!!

Btw, it's "imagine"
    09-17-12 10:34 PM
    what truly would be an amazing surprise if we saw a lot of the os in detail... heres hoping!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 06:10 AM
    We can imagine many things! Makes us excited!
    09-18-12 07:25 AM
    what truly would be an amazing surprise if we saw a lot of the os in detail... heres hoping!

As much as I would love to see more BB10 details, next week would still be too far in advance of the actual release. The day we become aware of lots of details should be tightly coordinated with the actual release date, so it is in everyone's hands a week or so later.
    gravymonster and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-12 08:19 AM
    I would litterally be jumping up and down, then running down the street (can't wait to start the car) to my nearest carrier store to pre-order!!

Would be cool, but totally illegal for them to do something like that. They would get sued hardcore for stock price manipulation. Public companies can't announce a fake delay.
    The person (people) suing would have to prove that it was deliberate and not that the company had actually been able to move faster than their expectations.

Companies are allowed to move deadlines up as well as down, there is nothing illegal about it as long as it's not deliberately for stock manipulation

Si.
    09-18-12 08:31 AM
    Can you imagen if at Blackberry Jam, Heins start out by saying Surprise!!! L-series and N-series available next week,LOL
    How about if he says...Surprise, Rim is going out of business!!!LOL
    09-18-12 08:59 AM
    How about if he says...Surprise, Rim is going out of business!!!LOL
    How about if he says... Surprise, we've sued Google for so much money, they've had to hand over Android!!!LOL

Or alternatively, as with the quoted comment, we could visit planet Earth for a while

Si.
    09-18-12 09:04 AM
    It would be awesome if RIM could launch BB10 during the christmas season.
    kraski likes this.
    09-18-12 09:07 AM
    This would mean a distinct departure from RIM's "racing to mediocrityl" performance of late and I can not even in my most wildest optimistic moments ever consider this happening.

Sorry folks for the proverbial bucket of cold water, but RIM needs to be held accountable for the mess they have created.
    09-18-12 10:38 AM
    Kevin's wife would be happy because he'd get to cut his hair!!
    calicocat2010, elxavi and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-12 10:40 AM
    Don't think this would happen, because I'm not sure the carriers even tested or finished testing the devices to be available for sale next week.

Does this mean the software is ready? All the bugs ironed out? how many apps in App World?

Too many outstanding items there.
    09-18-12 11:11 AM
    The Force is strong with this one ...
    09-18-12 12:44 PM
    That would be amazing! I was hoping it would happen, even though it's highly unlikely.

Something just a tad more realistic, though, would be Heins teasing a certain date for an announcement. BB10 Jam is a developers' conference, but RIM may hold a press event soon after if BB10 devices really were ready to be shipped.

Of course, this is all predicated upon the notion that BB10 devices are (or soon will be) ready to ship. Carrier testing may hold them up, but seeing as how the LTE PlayBook has gone through testing, I can't see why BB10 devices would have any problems going forward.
    09-18-12 01:24 PM
    I would litterally be jumping up and down, then running down the street (can't wait to start the car) to my nearest carrier store to pre-order!!

The person (people) suing would have to prove that it was deliberate and not that the company had actually been able to move faster than their expectations.

Companies are allowed to move deadlines up as well as down, there is nothing illegal about it as long as it's not deliberately for stock manipulation

Si.
    You are correct, but if you think about it, it would definitely raise some red flags. Original release date is roughly september/october. They announce a delay about 3 months ago and the stock tanks about 40-50%. Then, out of nowhere they release the device around the time of the original release date and the stock skyrockets. There would be a lot of investigation into that scenario. RIM would have to give some idea that this would be happening as they are a publicly traded/owned company.
    09-18-12 02:06 PM
    I actually expect RIM to handle BB10 similar to how Apple has handled iOS 5 and 6.

What I mean is I expect RIM to detail the OS pretty in depth at the developers conference (BB Jam) and have another announcement about 2 weeks prior to the release of the actual phone detailing the hardware and even more about the OS. Depending on the release date, they could use CES to detail their hardware in front of the tech world. They run the risk of being forgotten in the crowd of everything else going on, but they potentially reach a larger audience.
    09-18-12 02:11 PM
    no ...i cannot imagine.

.... wait

Nope, false alarm. Just a brain fart.

drjay868 likes this.
    09-18-12 03:13 PM
    I think it's impossible to launch it before novemeber.
    But november or december might be doable, or at least announcing early december, preorders mid december, and shipping early january.
    09-18-12 03:44 PM
    Not happening. May be at BB Jam Europe early next year...
    09-18-12 04:14 PM
    Don't think this would happen, because I'm not sure the carriers even tested or finished testing the devices to be available for sale next week.

Does this mean the software is ready? All the bugs ironed out? how many apps in App World?

Too many outstanding items there.
    One American carrier needs something like 14 weeks to approve a device. That puts us to 1st quarter because they won't roll it out unless everybody is on board. And my little birdie tells me about 20,000.
    09-18-12 04:26 PM
    Can you imagine if at Blackberry Jam, Heins start out by saying Surprise!!! L-series and N-series available next week,LOL
    Would be a very bad sign; BB10 is.not.ready.yet.
    If they do so, be ready for an unlimited amount of statements like "as RIM understood they won't make it (Q1 2013), they released the devices as-is and we must say it's not polished and likely, it will not reach the expected *wow*".

stick.to.the.plan.

BUT

There could be an option. Stick to the plan also means that they continue to provide developers tools.
    So, while we had no official news yet, the devAlpha trade program may be reality sooner than we expected ...
    Not an official public device; but a device that can be shown and demonstrates the BB10 capabilities.
    (this is pure speculation).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-19-12 at 01:33 AM.
    09-19-12 01:25 AM
    I would be happy if he said unequivocally that the phones and BB10 will be ready for release Jan 1, 2013. And that BB10 will be ready for the Playbooks by the end of January, unequivocally.
    09-19-12 07:51 AM
    No..

...and stuff
    09-19-12 08:19 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD