Trying to find out if it is possible to change (i.e. spoof) the MAC (Media Access Control) address of a Blackberry. For educational purposes of course

I know it is possible on a Windows Mobile device but then you also have Flash in a WinMo browser so...
    BerstJMunch likes this.
    09-24-09 09:29 AM
    No, there is now way to change it. It is critical that all devices have a unique MAC address.
    09-24-09 09:31 AM
    I've never heard of any software able to spoof a MAC address on a BB. I think it comes down to the fact that there aren't too many people in the market wanting to do something like that. If this is something you're interested in doing just get a windows mobile device. There are plently of programs out there you could use to get the educational experience you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 09:52 AM
    I was just wondering why it would be possible to change imeis and pin numbers but a (seemingly) simpler thing such as a mac address is not possible.

Using your bb to get free wifi is very james bond but with little practical value other then getting the uma calling to work.
    09-24-09 10:15 AM
    bumping this topic up -- 'new' current reason to pay attention to transmitting mac address over ipv6. From what is posted here already, it would seem that BB is affected in the same way?

IPv6: Smartphones compromise users' privacy - The H Security: News and Features
    01-17-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD