short answer? Can we stop lying to ourselves is the title of your thread. I wanted to click like for some of what you said but then I re-read the title....in other words we are deluding ourselves if we like what the Z30 does for us in current state...and are liars. Sorry I couldnt click like or thank button for that--

edit: Well you do have other people who dont mind what you wrote so...
    you misunderstood his post
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    01-25-14 12:22 PM
    First off no one will notice the difference between the resolution of a Z10 or Z30. I have both in my family and I love the battery life of the Z30, I love the screen size, the sound and the noticeable performance improvement.

The above being said I actually prefer the feel / weight of my Z10 and I like the removable battery. I so not use a case and the Z30 back is too slippery for such a large and heavy phone.

My ideal size would likely then be around 4.4-4.6" with speakers like a z30, battery life like a z30 but removable like a z10 and the best screen they can put on it while still having good battery life.

My only real issue I have with the z10 is the battery life but it has gotten better with the latest leak and I do have a second battery which makes it easier to just swap batteries and continue through the day rather than wondering where my charger is. This feature is especially helpful if you will be out all day at a sporting event etc

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-25-14 12:26 PM
    What do you think he meant?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CB Forums mobile app
    01-25-14 12:29 PM
    But you just demonstrated the "good enough" attitude the OP was referring to. Why make sacrifices when other devices have quad core processors AND 1080p screens AND good battery life? This is my G2 on a typical work day:

http://i.imgur.com/B9ZZ5zn.jpg

16 hours on battery with 50% remaining. Pretty good, wouldn't you say?

I said this in a recent thread and I think it applies here too. The problem isn't BlackBerry designing devices with lower specs than the competition. When we hear leaked specs for new BB devices they sound fantastic! Better than the current competition! The problem is how long they take to actually get to market. Think about how long we had known about the specs of the current BB10 phones. They sounded amazing when we first heard about them, but by the time they were in our hands they seemed a bit outdated. I'd love for the rumored Q30 to be out within the next 2-3 months. That would be a killer device! But the reality is it probably won't be released for 6 months (unless Chen's team ramps up production).

I know it's easy to say that the Z30 is what the Z10 should have been, but I don't think that's accurate. I think if the Z10 had been released in, say, August of 2012 and the Z30 5-6 months later things would be looking a bit different for BB.
    That is good battery usage, and I don't 100% disagree with your post, but I think one thing people tend to forgot is Samsung, LG, Sony, and others are all Component and Screen manufacturers, they make TVs, Computer's, Smart phone's, etc and the parts that go in them.

Samsung can make a phone and be the manufacturer/supplier to 80% of the parts, that's almost100% profit in the end.

BlackBerry doesn't have this luxury, as they purchase there parts from these companies (and other ones), but they get a lot from there competitors other divisions. They have to work to keep there phones competitive, not to pricey but still turn a profit.

I believe everyone would have liked better spec'd bb10 phones, but don't feel were lying to ourselves because we're satisfied with the device we have.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-25-14 12:34 PM
    No device needs octo cores, you can't even use all 8 cores at once...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:39 PM
    What do you think he meant?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CB Forums mobile app
    It's absolutely fine to be happy with what ur z30 does for you.

However, there will always be criticism and improvements that can be made to z30. I have experienced this personally myself. When u make such comment on here at crackberry, u get attacked like a pack of wild dogs descending on you, it makes for. A very unpleasant community...

It is a fact the z30 is not perfect. People have suggestions and improvements that can be made. They should be free to speak their mind here without getting attacked with the stupid, pathetic, well it works great for me so eff you. I mean really? Do we have to face such ridiculous responses from people here? There is most definetely delusion amongst some members here.. it's not everyone.. but there. R people who take criticism as a direct attack on blackberry.

I see where the op is coming from.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and Shadowyugi like this.
    01-25-14 12:41 PM
    I'm a heavy Z10 user, and the poor battery doesn't even allow me increase the brightness, it's always on lowest. PPI this PPI that, how long can you look at the Z10 screen before it dies? Im going for a Z30 and nothing you say can stop me. @op

From Zuri my Z10.
    Fair point somehow but I think I'm going with the Battery Charger Bundle. My brother uses it with his Z10 and for ~$25 it's just gorgeous. This way he's always supplied with 3,600 mAhs.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:50 PM
    It's absolutely fine to be happy with what ur z30 does for you.

However, there will always be criticism and improvements that can be made to z30. I have experienced this personally myself. When u make such comment on here at crackberry, u get attacked like a pack of wild dogs descending on you, it makes for. A very unpleasant community...

It is a fact the z30 is not perfect. People have suggestions and improvements that can be made. They should be free to speak their mind here without getting attacked with the stupid, pathetic, well it works great for me so eff you. I mean really? Do we have to face such ridiculous responses from people here? There is most definetely delusion amongst some members here.. it's not everyone.. but there. R people who take criticism as a direct attack on blackberry.

I see where the op is coming from.

Posted via CB10
    This is true but It's a fact that no device is perfect, go to any device forum and you will see people saying what would make the phone better, etc. The s4 has its drawbacks and problems, as does the iPhone 5s and ios7. Some people are happy with there device either way others aren't it's the way the world works.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-25-14 12:51 PM
    Really does not matter what platform or device you use..... there is always something wanting depending on what you expect from your device.... as for screen, to me it is smoke and mirrors... did a test a while back with a group if friends and my Samsung Plasma TV,.... set up some movies on the TV.... 1080p... 720 and 480... same movies just dfferet resolution... had a couple of people who fancy themselves "videophiles".... watched 10 minutes of each movies in same lighting condition.... guess what.... no one could correctly identify which was which... is not a point of guessing.. it is a point of how we view things and what we talk ourselves into.... I know for me... I cannot tell the difference between HD and SD... I have both on my Satellite..... As for CPU... age old con game... it is not the speed or core of the CPU ... it is a conbination of redident memeory and your os... If you have a poorly written OS or insufficient memory.... degredation occurs.... best example is the Pig of all OS's WIndows Vista... had it on my old duo core pentium... ran like a slug... installed windows 7 sped up incedibly.... Have seen this debate since the 32 bit cpu showed up in computers... as others have pointed out if a second makes that big of a difference to you them you land in the "bleeding edge" crowd... nothing wrong with that... except by the time you get you newest device... guess what ... something better has come along... I for one have no time and not enough money to keep up... go knows I tried in the early computer days till I wised up to all the marketing..... remember... benchmarks mean absolutely nothing in the real world.. just performance which is a very personal choice.... The OP shows as much in their post..
    collinc93 and web99 like this.
    01-25-14 01:21 PM
    OP: I would refer you to MY post on how I feel about the Z30

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-lover-894279/
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-25-14 01:26 PM
    With the repeated emphasis by Chen on enterprise based solutions for future hardware, I doubt the latest-greatest specs will be a BB feature going forward as the notoriously fickle consumer fad market is not their stated target.
    BitPusher2600 and milo53 like this.
    01-25-14 01:44 PM
    Lol!! OP, no offence, you remind of the story of the fox and grapes. You sound like "the grapes are sour".
    It's understandable that we all have different opinions and preferences, but common, the the title you chose for your thread sounds delusional. Who is really lying to themselves? You that has casually used the Z30 or those who have owned and used both the Z10 and Z30 extensively.
    It's okay to speak for yourself but please don't speak for others.
    01-25-14 01:55 PM
    I'm one of our company?s 4 executive technical support team and own a Z30.
    With my business tool I'm able to...

- RDP into my laptop at work (without establishing a VPN connection first)which never leaves my desk anymore.

- work with any files on any file server within our LAN

- enjoy piece of mind that my corporate email will be delivered reliably and securely because I'm not relying on also-ran corporate email applications like Good for Enterprise

- can access my company's intranet pages simply by using my Work Browser thanks to BlackBerry Balance

Never mind that the BB10 browser is the top-rated mobile browser on any phone (ref: html5test.com).

The other 3 guys on our team have either Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s and have to lug their laptops home when it's their weeks to cover our after-hours periods.
    So no, I'm not feeling as if I'm being short-changed by my choice in BB10 and its lack of a quad-core CPU. Somehow it does all that stuff the others don't do without a 1080p resolution display or all those power-hungry extra cores.

The other guys can play Candy Crush without side loading though...

Posted via CB10
    But those other 3 guys can do all that and play candy crush without side loading... that just happens to be what the crazy consumer demands.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:18 PM
    I still believe Z30 should have been the Z10 except for the screen size and resolution.
    You should compare the specs on both phones. The difference is not just screen size and resolution.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-25-14 02:25 PM
    You should compare the specs on both phones. The difference is not just screen size and resolution.
    The z30 is a 20 percent bigger z10, 10 + 20 is 30.

4.2 z10 display multiplied by 20 percent is 0.84.
    4.2 + 0.84 is almost 5 inches which is the z30 display.

5 inches divide by z10 4.2 inches gives you 19 percent.

Can't have a phone named z29, so they probably rounded and called it z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:29 PM
    Specs? It's all relative with basically any electronic device. Does it work and satisfactorily meet your needs to the point in which you are willing to pay for it? If not, then you should buy something that does. Whatever new electronic device it is..it can have top of the line specs when you buy it..in 18 months it will be surpassed. Even less time than that in many cases.

Z10
    deptech likes this.
    01-25-14 02:44 PM
    With the repeated emphasis by Chen on enterprise based solutions for future hardware, I doubt the latest-greatest specs will be a BB feature going forward as the notoriously fickle consumer fad market is not their stated target.
    ^^^
    Exactly.
    BlackBerry's aren't primarily designed for nor marketed towards people who are probably far better suited for the Android crowd, where specs tend to be the primary selling point. At any rate, I should think that anyone choosing to purchase a BlackBerry would have other priorities than how many cores they can't fully utilize are stuck into their device anyway.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    Calvin Chin likes this.
    01-25-14 02:50 PM
    My wife has a Z30 and it's definitely better than my Z10, in every way. I still love my phone but I would trade it in for Z30 in a heartbeat.

Z10 on Telus
    deptech and Calvin Chin like this.
    01-25-14 02:59 PM
    I have both the z10 and Z30 and i prefer the Z30, the screen size and brightness won . The battery life is amazing!
    deptech likes this.
    01-25-14 03:50 PM
    As you can see, many just don't get it even though the sales of BlackBerry 10 phones is less then the legacy BlackBerry phones and not selling at all. That most carriers don't even carry BlackBerry anymore.
    That BlackBerry is loosing money.

What the heck does it take for them to understand what the Op is saying.

These folks have the same mind set of the execs that lead BlackBerry down this loosing path.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    milo53 and darkehawke like this.
    01-25-14 03:59 PM
    The good enough attitude may not be as fictitious as you think though. Maybe higher specs on any front would be all kinds of improvement, but I doubt there are too many BlackBerry users who hate their device enough, I mean really force themselves to use it. What are the alternatives? There are two, stick with what is available on this platform or switch to another. Jaw dropping specs mean nothing if you hate the platform it's running on.
    That is the point... people are leaving BlackBerry and going to other devices and platforms! Heck the whole BB10 line up can't even outsell the legacy devices. Specs and the whole "good enough" attitude is not the only reason for BlackBerry's problems, but it is one of the reasons.

Other than battery life my Z10 is a pretty well performing device.... but I would have loved for it to be a true flagship device!
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    01-25-14 04:05 PM
    As you can see, many just don't get it even though the sales of BlackBerry 10 phones is less then the legacy BlackBerry phones and not selling at all. That most carriers don't even carry BlackBerry anymore.
    That BlackBerry is loosing money.

What the heck does it take for them to understand what the Op is saying.

These folks have the same mind set of the execs that lead BlackBerry down this loosing path.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    Wrong wrong wrong. You all love to condemn people but even with the best of specs, you will still have people that won't even give blackberry the light of day. And I quote a friend when they saw me with a BlackBerry "I will rather be hung than use that POS"... that's without even looking at the screen.

The z30 is a true flagship device. It matches up with the best of phones. Specs talk is bs. The average user switching isn't doing it because of specs. The people that truly switch because of specs, I have respect for because they usually do it with a purpose in mind.

The average user is switching because of past experience and the cool factor..

I remember when the z10 first came out and I'd read reviews and the reviews would be really favorable to the z10 over the iPhone5 (back then) and then when I read further it will be like "all in all the z10 is a solid device but it doesn't have quite the premium feel of an iPhone. If you are planning on a new phone, apples new enlarged phone is the right choice ".

Stop kidding yourself as well

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:38 PM
    short answer? Can we stop lying to ourselves is the title of your thread. I wanted to click like for some of what you said but then I re-read the title....in other words we are deluding ourselves if we like what the Z30 does for us in current state...and are liars. Sorry I couldnt click like or thank button for that--

edit: Well you do have other people who dont mind what you wrote so...
    The title is a little over the top.
    01-25-14 05:04 PM
    Or you could have a juice pack and do the same thing.
    Bulky.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-25-14 05:28 PM
    really? How so? Title says "Can we stop lying to ourselves"....how can I misunderstand that? Well if we are doing so, based on the majority of responses it must be a Beautiful Lie...
    01-25-14 06:00 PM
451 12345 ...