At the time I got my playbook it definitely was comparable to the ipad so I'd say it's a powerhouse. Again with the OS update it was complete. I don't have a hard on for specs and it performed to my expectations. If I had seen it at launch I would never have bought it. At the time even the ipad wasn't all that. It was boring had the same old bare sh!tty OS on it... that was ar the time when they were just putting cameras on the damn thing

Posted via CB10
    My PlayBook is far from complete. It is no longer supported, even though an iPad of the same age still would be. The flash player is so out of date I can't watch streaming Rugby and put it up on my TV, but my Z10 and Macbook put it up just fine. The Web browser has never been improved to get rid of the checkerboard or even allow you to do simple editing of Bookmarks. When I upgraded to the Z10 my bridge functionality was severely degraded and still isn't up to par even though both run QNX and should have awesome machine to machine capability.

It is a bastardized OS that BlackBerry never finished and has left for dead. It was never a powerhouse as the software crippled a great piece of hardware and it was designed to be an accessory to a BBOS phone.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Rello like this.
    02-04-14 08:33 AM
    I don't have a hard on for specs and it performed to my expectations.
    That's the thing, when it launched it had AWESOME specs. It was the software that didn't meet expectations, and continued not to meet expectations because the updates were delayed. It had excellent potential with the specs and the promise of what was to come. It's great that it met YOUR expectations and that you liked it, but that wasn't the experience for many who bought it both at launch and after the price decreases and updates.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Rello like this.
    02-04-14 09:11 AM
    That's the thing, when it launched it had AWESOME specs. It was the software that didn't meet expectations, and continued not to meet expectations because the updates were delayed. It had excellent potential with the specs and the promise of what was to come. It's great that it met YOUR expectations and that you liked it, but that wasn't the experience for many who bought it both at launch and after the price decreases and updates.
    You don't understand. By the time I bought it, they had already churned out several updates it was great to use... but I bought it over a year after it launched.

Again if you read my OP you'd see I question the logic behind releasing such an unfinished product that didn't have even an email client. By the time I got it it was definitely comparable to an ipad as my roommate and gf both had an ipad and I had used it.

The lack of support for it and poor leadership was probably the reason for its failure...

Anyways that's why I'm a blackberry user... my playbook. I would definitely not have bought it at the conditions it launched

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:00 AM
    You don't understand. By the time I bought it, they had already churned out several updates it was great to use... but I bought it over a year after it launched.

Again if you read my OP you'd see I question the logic behind releasing such an unfinished product that didn't have even an email client. By the time I got it it was definitely comparable to an ipad as my roommate and gf both had an ipad and I had used it.

The lack of support for it and poor leadership was probably the reason for its failure...

Anyways that's why I'm a blackberry user... my playbook. I would definitely not have bought it at the conditions it launched

Posted via CB10
    The pb may be the reason I become not a BBRY user.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-04-14 10:24 AM
    The pb may be the reason I become not a BBRY user.
    Did you buy at launch?(: lol never do that. Wait a week or two and go get tour hands on one and actually try it out...

I'm always amazed by the iPhone fans that line up in the sun to get their pre orders... I mean let's face itt apple does a much better job at launch than blackberry but the idea of lining for a phone just seemed ludicrous

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:54 PM
    My z10 has quite retired my playbook but I still use it a lot for media streaming and such. Honestly I was pissed off by the whole bb10 on pb shenanigan..but again that's more due to the company itself.. I can't hold it against the playbook.

In a nutshell I'm a blackberry fan but not a diehard. If they keep making great products I'll keep buying. I must say tho I'd you took a gamble on a bb10 phone you won't regret it..i don't think.

Blackberry churned out 3 updates in the past year and that's the type of support the playbook never got... the pb probably never really got support once it didn't sell well... which is their fault btw

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to change to vzw. My current carrier offers zero BB10 devices. I'm thinking about it, still on that fence.
    02-05-14 09:57 AM
    Get an unlocked one? Lol z10s on ebay are 200

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:48 AM
    Get an unlocked one? Lol z10s on ebay are 200

Posted via CB10
    I have no clue if vzw allows unlocked phones. My carrier only allows phones branded by them. I also am thinking if I do it will be the Z30.
    02-05-14 12:08 PM
    If it's American it should allow unlocked but tea I gotcha Bout z30

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:17 PM
    If it's American it should allow unlocked but tea I gotcha Bout z30

Posted via CB10
    I'm currently with USCellular in the USA. They do not sell BB10 phones and they do not allow a phone on their network that doesn't say USCellular on it.
    02-05-14 12:32 PM
    I'm currently with USCellular in the USA. They do not sell BB10 phones and they do not allow a phone on their network that doesn't say USCellular on it.
    That's a bummer. I'd still give them a call and ask them

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:42 PM
    My z10 has quite retired my playbook but I still use it a lot for media streaming and such. Honestly I was pissed off by the whole bb10 on pb shenanigan..but again that's more due to the company itself.. I can't hold it against the playbook.

In a nutshell I'm a blackberry fan but not a diehard. If they keep making great products I'll keep buying. I must say tho I'd you took a gamble on a bb10 phone you won't regret it..i don't think.

Blackberry churned out 3 updates in the past year and that's the type of support the playbook never got... the pb probably never really got support once it didn't sell well... which is their fault btw

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 isn't selling well either, so how long will it be before BlackBerry bails on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:13 PM
    The difference is, BlackBerry needs to push out updates really quick, they are playing catch up. The other big three (Android, iOS and WP), aren't in the same predicament (WP isn't that far off).

It is great that BlackBerry is supporting the platform, but if BB ever gets back to the top, or when they have all the features there, expect the updates to slow down to the same rate as the others (even though Google pushes out pretty fast updates).

I don't remember my 8330 and 9000 getting a ton of updates. I remember installing leaks weekly, but only received maybe two updates directly from my carrier if I'm not mistaken.
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    02-06-14 10:44 AM
    The difference is, BlackBerry needs to push out updates really quick, they are playing catch up. The other big three (Android, iOS and WP), aren't in the same predicament (WP isn't that far off).

It is great that BlackBerry is supporting the platform, but if BB ever gets back to the top, or when they have all the features there, expect the updates to slow down to the same rate as the others.

I don't remember my 8330 and 9000 getting a ton of updates. I remember installing leaks weekly, but only received maybe two updates directly from my carrier if I'm not mistaken.
    Well Duh? Isn't that what apple is doing right now? He never said anything about getting to the top.. he said stuff about bailing and I don't see how that could be deemed bailing. I don't see how you can be releasing updates if you plan on bailing. Please refer to the original post

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:49 AM
    Well Duh? Isn't that what apple is doing right now? He never said anything about getting to the top.. he said stuff about bailing and I don't see how that could be deemed bailing. I don't see how you can be releasing updates if you plan on bailing. Please refer to the original post

Posted via CB10
    I saw the original post, I am just making a broad statement. A lot of people think fast updates will happen forever. I remember this when the Z10 first came out. People made statements like "No other manufacturer is supporting their platform like BlackBerry" and "no other device is getting as many updates so fast as the Z10". I am simply stating, there is a reason for that.

It might be a "duh" moment for you, but not for all.
    kbz1960, mikeo007, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    02-06-14 10:56 AM
    I saw the original post, I am just making a broad statement. A lot of people think fast updates will happen forever. I remember this when the Z10 first came out. People made statements like "No other manufacturer is supporting their platform like BlackBerry" and "no other device is getting as many updates so fast as the Z10". I am simply stating, there is a reason for that.

It might be a "duh" moment for you, but not for all.
    Well I'd hope people are at least realistic in their expectations

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:57 PM
    Manufacturer...android is open ended isn't it? I don't suppose Samsung is the one responsible for updating every android product out there huh?

I'm talking Microsoft and apple here
    iOS7 has had four updates in the few months it's been out, hasn't it?

IIRC, WP8 has had several updates over the last year too. The latest, "Black", came out this month. And WP8.1 is reckoned to drop around April along with a bunch of shiny new handsets.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-06-14 01:06 PM
    iOS7 has had four updates in the few months it's been out, hasn't it?

IIRC, WP8 has had several updates over the last year too. The latest, "Black", came out this month. And WP8.1 is reckoned to drop around April along with a bunch of shiny new handsets.
    Ios7 updates are definitely not on this scale.. it's still ios7. I was a previous ios user and they only released full updates yearly. Unless something has changed in the past 4 months

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:54 PM
    I think it's a valid point though. I had my iPhone for 2 out of those 4 software updates and they only had one or two things in the change log. One was the fingerprint scanner hack patch and the other update were minor bug fixes. If we are talking about quality of updates BlackBerry takes the cake. We've seen the addition of new and useful features other than general big fixes with every update. Now the argument can be made that maybe ios and android already have these features. However you can't deny that we've been updated with those features in a fairly quick manner.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    Well thank you for understanding. I'd love to try wp8 tho it might be my fallback option. I want a surface

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:24 PM
    Ios7 updates are definitely not on this scale.. it's still ios7. I was a previous ios user and they only released full updates yearly. Unless something has changed in the past 4 months

Posted via CB10
    And security fixes and patches are not updates lol. BlackBerry updates have numerous changes to them.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-06-14 06:25 PM
    I think it's a valid point though. I had my iPhone for 2 out of those 4 software updates and they only had one or two things in the change log. One was the fingerprint scanner hack patch and the other update were minor bug fixes. If we are talking about quality of updates BlackBerry takes the cake. We've seen the addition of new and useful features other than general big fixes with every update. Now the argument can be made that maybe ios and android already have these features. However you can't deny that we've been updated with those features in a fairly quick manner.

I agree to a certain extent. But iPhone was brand new when it didn't have those features.

BlackBerry perfected these features we r getting in little updates in bbos . They should have been there at the start already. But once Implemented fully, we will see a complete slow down and have major updates every x months. It will be a long gap though. Not like it is now.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-07-14 03:00 AM

That is because they don't have so much to add and fix now. BBRY needs the updates to fill holes and fix bugs which always and I means always introduces new bugs. They have been quick but they still need to move faster. Still playing catch up.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-07-14 06:32 AM
    Bb10 should not be abandoned. It's an amazing os!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:56 AM
    Are you somewhat a troll? Like I said I used ios before and just switched to z10 last November for my first blackberry. Releasing updates to fix glitches minor bugs don't do it for me. I haven't used wp8 as much but i do know it's been Around more than a year so the rate of update is still not as high. I'm done with conversing with you tho based on the fact that I've never seen you around on threads arguing positive things
    .... only on discussion about the downfall of blackberry...and definitely not in a sincere manner of argument

Posted via CB10
    Differing opinions do not a troll make. Some members have a less optimistic outlook on BBRY than others. That's their prerogative, just as its yours to have your opinion on what constitutes a major release vs a minor big fix. Calling someone a troll is as inciteful as actually being a troll. It accomplishes nothing and only leads to arguments.

Be nice, make your point on the subject, move on.

Thank you.
    02-07-14 12:04 PM
    Thread temporarily closed for cleanup.
    02-07-14 06:19 PM
451 ... 16171819