I don't use WhatsApp, so no. And did I ever mention them?

Your reply misses the point, anyways.

People like you are an endangered species. You already have a BB. Those people that don't, won't get one because of what you're going on and on about, cause they don't care about that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    You said that people don't send emails anymore, they use IMs. This might be true for teenagers, but not for people doing business.

I'm not an endangered species, there will always be people like me. Sure, I'm part of a minority, but a minority that will exist forever.
    01-30-14 12:42 PM
    You said that people don't send emails anymore, they use IMs. This might be true for teenagers, but not for people doing business.

I'm not an endangered species, there will always be people like me. Sure, I'm part of a minority, but a minority that will exist forever.
    I didn't say that. Quote me.

Pretty sure I said most people have "moved on from email as a primary source of communication."

The difference matters. Don't get it twisted.

People doing business are using messaging services more and more. They can be archived like email, etc. As well and there are clear advantages to IM over email. I'm not talking about services like WhatsApp. I'm talking about Lync, Hangouts on Google Apps for Business, Skype for Business, BBM, etc.

When your Company uses a Microsoft stack or Google services you can avoid email in a lot of situations, because the products have a ton of collaboration features built in.

Of course if I have to send a resume, I will email it. That makes sense. I've never said I don't use email, and I'm on the other side of this argument... I will say that my use of email is extremely minimal.

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-30-14 at 12:55 PM.
    01-30-14 12:44 PM
    Bigger screen and battery isn't moving forward I suppose....

Posted via CB10
    It's not that it's a bigger screen, it's that it's a worse screen. A serious downgrade.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-30-14 12:45 PM

Most consumers have largely moved on from email as a primary means of communication, and certainly aren't power users of it.
    Relevant quote.

I'm growing tired of the phenomenon here where people repeat what you say with substitutions.

Don't tell me what I said, quote me.

01-30-14 12:49 PM

Don't tell me what I said, quote me.

quoted.
    01-30-14 01:13 PM
    The Z30 was the last hardware misfire of the Thorsten Heins era, following in the footsteps of the failed Q5. It's something BlackBerry needed to contractually follow through with. There's been nearly no marketing of the handset and it's overpriced in relation to the specs.

No manufacturer ever releases a new flagship with lower specs than the previous one. Certain parts of the community were hoping for a progression. The Z30 definitely was not.

The only thing we can do is hope for improved successor to the Z30 but that's not on BlackBerry's agenda right now.
    Totally disagree. I have the z30 on the latest OS. It is fast, smooth, and I went 48 hours with 2 hours to spare. That is unbelievable. And I use my device everyday for both work and play. PS now that the app gap is gone, the latest iphone has nothing on this device. To put the average iphone in perspective, you would have to charge it 6 times to equal my 1 charge. WOW!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:01 PM
    Totally disagree. I have the z30 on the latest OS. It is fast, smooth, and I went 48 hours with 2 hours to spare. That is unbelievable. And I use my device everyday for both work and play. PS now that the app gap is gone, the latest iphone has nothing on this device. To put the average iphone in perspective, you would have to charge it 6 times to equal my 1 charge. WOW!

Posted via CB10
    The app gap won't be gone until those apps are in BlackBerry World. Sideloading isn't something a normal/real/non BlackBerry enthusiast would do. And the latest iPhone still has plenty on the Z30.

01-30-14 02:08 PM
    It's not that it's a bigger screen, it's that it's a worse screen. A serious downgrade.

that's where subjectivity comes in...thus proves my point that specs is sometimes over glorified. maybe I prefer big screen to the sharp small screen.. maybe I prefer dull screen while being big to maximize battery life...

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-30-14 02:59 PM
    that's where subjectivity comes in...thus proves my point that specs is sometimes over glorified. maybe I prefer big screen to the sharp small screen.. maybe I prefer dull screen while being big to maximize battery life...

Posted via CB10
    No that's not the point. The screen is completely sub par when comparing it to the competition. Is that what you want in a premium priced phone? There are plenty of phones with better screens with great battery life. Who is honestly going to say "Well I'm looking for a phone with a mediocre at best screen so I can get good battery life". They will expect more since it's priced as a flagship. If it's priced like a flagship phone then it should be held to the standards of a flagship phone.

mornhavon and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-30-14 03:21 PM
    No that's not the point. The screen is completely sub par when comparing it to the competition. Is that what you want in a premium priced phone? There are plenty of phones with better screens with great battery life. Who is honestly going to say "Well I'm looking for a phone with a mediocre at best screen so I can get good battery life". They will expect more since it's priced as a flagship. If it's priced like a flagship phone then it should be held to the standards of a flagship phone.

Iphones are priced premium and their battery and screen is mediocre... I don't see people complaining. I stand by my point

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 03:51 PM
    Iphones are priced premium and their battery and screen is mediocre... I don't see people complaining. I stand by my point

Posted via CB10
    I think the screenshot avt posted showed that the new iPhones are getting pretty dang good battery life. And I know I'm getting over 24 hours of battery on my LG G2, which has a 5.2" 1080p screen.
    MarsupilamiX and ajst222 like this.
    01-30-14 04:22 PM
    I think the only point that the OP made that I am in agreement with is the part about demanding the best from BlackBerry. That I think is key. We should not embrace any shortcomings about their devices but not bash them either. What's been mentioned in many posts before is that no phone is perfect, but we as the crackberry community can help sight problems and help BlackBerry rectify them.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    01-30-14 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    What???? The battery on the iPhone isn't fantastic but the screen is SUPERB...

01-30-14 04:54 PM
    I think the screenshot avt posted showed that the new iPhones are getting pretty dang good battery life. And I know I'm getting over 24 hours of battery on my LG G2, which has a 5.2" 1080p screen.
    How hard is it to get. On paper, is the iPhone's battery better than the z10 . . never mind the z30's battery? NO NO NO. Why don't you complain then? Perhaps because the battery they put in there does the job.

It's the exact same reason z30 users don't complain about their screens compared to that of a z10...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:05 PM
    What???? The battery on the iPhone isn't fantastic but the screen is SUPERB...

Yea I'm sure the tiny screen is superb... see how it works? all the other phones have big screen so apple under-spec'd their phone! Can we stop lying to ourselves!? Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    The app gap is gone for those that visit crackberry. I'd take native apps over Blackberry's solution any day. Battery isn't a major problem for iPhone users. If my device dies after 10-12 hrs (heavy use), i can charge it via mophie.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    ajst222 and JeepBB like this.
    01-30-14 05:11 PM
    Yea I'm sure the tiny screen is superb... see how it works? all the other phones have big screen so apple under-spec'd their phone! Can we stop lying to ourselves!? Lol

Posted via CB10
    What? You honestly make no sense lol. Screen size is a personal preference. Bigger isn't always better and smaller isn't always worse. Some people like a small screen and some prefer a big screen. But I guess by your logic the Z30s screen is crap when compared to the Note III's or Lumia 1520's screen just since it's smaller. (And for the record, both of those screens are better than the Z30, but size has nothing to do with it)

01-30-14 05:25 PM
    The app gap is gone for those that visit crackberry. I'd take native apps over Blackberry's solution any day. Battery isn't a major problem for iPhone users. If my device dies after 10-12 hrs (heavy use), i can charge it via mophie.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Did mophie come for free with the phone? Lol I think z30 users can also buy a charger bundle... which might as well eliminate the need to even ever plug in their phones again...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:25 PM
    What? You honestly make no sense lol. Screen size is a personal preference. Bigger isn't always better and smaller isn't always worse. Some people like a small screen and some prefer a big screen. But I guess by your logic the Z30s screen is crap when compared to the Note III's or Lumia 1520's screen just since it's smaller. (And for the record, both of those screens are better than the Z30, but size has nothing to do with it)

Well exactly! Bigger isn't always better... you could just the same apply that logic often when discussing spec... what at this point is the deal with an octocore rather than a quad-core? I mean thats where the original discussion came from.

The battery on the iPhone is smaller yet I don't see people whining

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:27 PM
    Well exactly! Bigger isn't always better... you could just the same apply that logic often when discussing spec... what at this point is the deal with an octocore rather than a quad-core? I mean thats where the original discussion came from.

The battery on the iPhone is smaller yet I don't see people whining

Posted via CB10
    You keep changing your argument. One minute bigger is better and then it isn't. But the Z30s chipset is a year old and scores quite poorly on benchmark tests. The screen and camera are both less than adequate. People expect more from a premium priced phone.

01-30-14 05:34 PM
    You keep changing your argument. One minute bigger is better and then it isn't. But the Z30s chipset is a year old and scores quite poorly on benchmark tests. The screen and camera are both less than adequate. People expect more from a premium priced phone.

Scores poorly on benchmark test yet when I used it it was fantastic... the screen looks good when I used it and the camera I definitely agree needs improvement but only in dark areas(without the use of flash).

Well shift to the iPhone... for a premium phone I expect bigger screen, bigger battery and an octocore ....oh and definitely would love that it matches the cameras on the Lumia....

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:55 PM
    Scores poorly on benchmark test yet when I used it it was fantastic... the screen looks good when I used it and the camera I definitely agree needs improvement but only in dark areas(without the use of flash).

Well shift to the iPhone... for a premium phone I expect bigger screen, bigger battery and an octocore ....oh and definitely would love that it matches the cameras on the Lumia....

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone has a 64 bit processor, and clearly not all people don't expect a huge @ss screen with the amount of iPhone sales for a high end phone. As I said, the screen size is a preference.

01-30-14 05:58 PM
    The iPhone has a 64 bit processor, and clearly not all people don't expect a huge @ss screen with the amount of iPhone sales for a high end phone. As I said, the screen size is a preference.

Clearly not all people even knows that there are phones out there that hands down beat up the iPhone spec wise! You act as if the iPhone is purchased based on its specs being superior. Most people just use the iPhone and IT WORKS. We are back to the whole sales thing again. The people with a z30 love it. That it's not selling more has more to do with brand perception often than spec. I mean just a year ago the iPhone had been recycling the same OS for 6 years and few complained.
    Anyways I'm done with this. I use a z30 and hands down imo it's the best phone out there. Apart from the camera, no spec could really make it better for me as of right now. Infact I plan on buying one when I have the money. Didn't want to give it back when I got my hands on one

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:48 PM

Android doesn't need Quadcores as well.
    Windows Phone falls in the same ballpark.

But what differentiates a high-end phone from a mid-ranged one?
    Right, better hardware and maybe better build quality.
    It's totally irrelevant, if the same OS is used, or not.

The newest Lumias utilise the same hardware as the newest Android flagships.
    1080p, quadcores, an 330 Adreno GPU and 2 GB RAM.
    IIRC, the consensus in here was, that WP is so optimised that it doesn't need those specs.

Why does Nokia use them now?
    Because of the so called market segmentation.
    A high-end phone, with a high-end pricetag, needs high-end hardware.

Posted via CB10
    What I would like clarification on is if blackberry did go to 1080p would the apps have to be reconfigured for the new resolution?

I could care less about cores. QNX runs great that is obvious to anyone using it. Perhaps in another year or two this will be needed but for current software builds it's silly. If you don't believe me encrypt your phone and notice how there is no difference in speed anymore.

It seems to me that memory is the bigger deal with QNX. So perhaps we should demand more memory on our phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:28 AM
    What I would like clarification on is if blackberry did go to 1080p would the apps have to be reconfigured for the new resolution?
    Good question.
    From what I've read, the answer is mostly yes.
    But since I am no dev, I am sure that some people will be able to answer that question to your full satisfaction.

That doesn't change the fact of Android and WP officially supporting such display resolutions, which puts BlackBerry at a disadvantage.

I could care less about cores. QNX runs great that is obvious to anyone using it. Perhaps in another year or two this will be needed but for current software builds it's silly. If you don't believe me encrypt your phone and notice how there is no difference in speed anymore.

It seems to me that memory is the bigger deal with QNX. So perhaps we should demand more memory on our phones.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say that quadcores are mandatory, as we have seen with other manufacturers.
    A 64 bit dual core CPU is good as well.
    But in the segment BlackBerry competes in, at least pricing wise, a 1.5 year old CPU clearly doesn't cut it.
    What still is acceptable for a mid-ranged device, is a no-go in the high-end segment.

No matter if needed or not, for 600$, a top notch CPU/GPU has to be in the phone you sell.
    Even Apple knows at least that much about the market.
    Their GPUs have always been market leading, and especially the new 64bit CPU is groundbreaking, in terms of Apple being the first to market once again.

If memory is a bigger deal or not, is once again something I do not really know...
    The Samsung Note 3 has 3GB of RAM though.
    So yes, BlackBerry could probably use more RAM as well.
    If you mean memory, as in 16GB of storage not being enough....
    I'd probably say that I have a 64GB memory card anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-31-14 09:06 AM
451 ... 1314151617 ...