******EDIT (or addition you can say)**********
    Here is another point. I made a thread back in the day complaining about the slow boot up times for BB10. over 2 minutes since the Hub took FOREVER to start up. People burned me saying it needs to take that long to go through security checks and Android and ios can boot up fast since it doesnt care about security. Now in the newest 10.2.1 update, the Hub fires up in a snap, which is really nice. But again I see no one here saying "Hub starts up too fast now, its not going through the security checks!!"

So all I am saying is, if BB is worse than the competition in some aspect, dont defend them by saying its for security or battery life or what not, demand CHANGE! And demand better!! Look at OS 10.2.1 its freakin awesome.

The Z30 is a decent device. I used it, but in my personal opinion I like the Z10 a lot more due to the screen resolution and size. My main topic of concern is we need to stop with the "good enough" attitude and the "you cannot tell the difference" attitude. And stop berating and attacking people that are asking for better hardware.

I go around the forums and see some people raise valid criticisms of the Z30 (mainly its screen resolution) and I see them instantly get attacked. Many people say you cannot tell the difference between a 720p screen with 295ppi vs a 1080p screen with 441ppi, claiming its just a marketing term. Ummmm are you kidding me??? Like honestly have you guys seen a Galaxy S4 and a Z30 side by side? The Z30 screen looks awful compared to it.

Another is the "good enough" attitude. When it comes to CPU's for example, an S4 and its Quad/Octacore is much faster when it comes to rendering maps/images/editing than a Z30. But again people say the dual core is good enough to get the job done.

Ok so I want you guys to go back in time when the Z30 was rumored as the Aristo. Look down in the comments.

Flagship BlackBerry A10 rumored to be arriving later this year | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 Aristo spec sheet appears, calls for Quad-Core Krait | CrackBerry.com

Everyone was clamoring on about quad core CPU's, 1080p displays because why? Because they are necessary and its what the market wants (It is what we wanted on CB!!). No one back then said "Quad core??? Too much for me, lets bump it down to dual core its good enough. Also the screen, bring it down to 720p because really 1080p makes no difference". So I feel like BB can literally put out anything and many people on Crackberry will be happy with it and justify below par phones with some weird reasoning.

My reason for this post then is this. If we want to move forward and make BlackBerry a success again, we on Crackberry, the most hardcore users need to demand the best from BB and John Chen & Co. Demand them to put out the best spec, the most secure, and the best built phones out on the market. We really wont get there if we still hold onto this good enough attitude.
    Last edited by jason9900; 01-28-14 at 07:48 PM.
    01-24-14 09:02 PM
    It's called personal preference.
    01-24-14 09:04 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    fabberry23 and Jrox74 like this.
    01-24-14 09:08 PM
    Say what you want to say. Screen resolution aside, the Z30 is better. I still have both and wouldn't go back to using the 10 unless the 30 meets an untimely demise.
    All personal preference.

What shouldn't happen is one CB member knocking another for their choice of phone....any brand.

Posted via CB10 using Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    01-24-14 09:15 PM
    *shrug* We got what we got. I would have liked a better spec on the Z30, but that doesn't keep me from loving the device as it is.

I have trouble seeing the point in the discussion. This goes along with pronouncements like "the Z30 is what BlackBerry should have brought out to begin with". It would be cool if it happened, but it didn't...

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    01-24-14 09:19 PM
    I'm one of our company?s 4 executive technical support team and own a Z30.
    With my business tool I'm able to...

- RDP into my laptop at work (without establishing a VPN connection first)which never leaves my desk anymore.

- work with any files on any file server within our LAN

- enjoy piece of mind that my corporate email will be delivered reliably and securely because I'm not relying on also-ran corporate email applications like Good for Enterprise

- can access my company's intranet pages simply by using my Work Browser thanks to BlackBerry Balance

Never mind that the BB10 browser is the top-rated mobile browser on any phone (ref: html5test.com).

The other 3 guys on our team have either Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s and have to lug their laptops home when it's their weeks to cover our after-hours periods.
    So no, I'm not feeling as if I'm being short-changed by my choice in BB10 and its lack of a quad-core CPU. Somehow it does all that stuff the others don't do without a 1080p resolution display or all those power-hungry extra cores.

The other guys can play Candy Crush without side loading though...

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:29 PM
    I'm sorry I for one would rather my z30's battery life then a 1080p screen, I need to use my phone more then I need to to look at a 1080p screen or watch movies.

I look at it like this, more then 60% of androids sold are low-to-mid-spec devices, most of Microsofts phones selling are low-to-mid-spec devices, and the iPhone 5s and 5c will still sell millions every month even though there's devices with better specs. HTC, Sony, LG, etc all have high spec devices there struggling to sell.

If bb10 had better specs that would be great but in the end I'd be just as happy as I am now, because I'm fine with the z30's specs.

It's personal preference most users prefer different aspects of a device, weather it be screen, battery, camera etc.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-24-14 at 09:40 PM.
    01-24-14 09:30 PM
    Can we... just be happy with what we have..

The phone just has so many more advantages to be focus on other than the little that can be improved.

Posted via CB10 on my z10
    01-24-14 09:33 PM
    I love the z10 screen a lot... like a lot but you gotta trade something for the other. The battery life on this sucker is nowhere near as good. I'd be fine with the screen and battery of the z30.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, deptech, srfinva and 1 others like this.
    01-24-14 09:35 PM
    Yeah. I like z10 because of size as well. But battery life of z30 i got both and i interchange them.

I hope blackberry will release three new high specs phone. One with keyboard, one all touch with size of z10 but bigger battery cap and another a bit bigger size than z30 then low end phones let foxcon handle it

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, deptech, stlabrat and 1 others like this.
    01-24-14 09:39 PM
    The Z30 is a decent device. I used it, but in my personal opinion I like the Z10 a lot more due to the screen resolution and size. My main topic of concern is we need to stop with the "good enough" attitude and the "you cannot tell the difference" attitude. And stop berating and attacking people that are asking for better hardware.

I go around the forums and see some people raise valid criticisms of the Z30 (mainly its screen resolution) and I see them instantly get attacked. Many people say you cannot tell the difference between a 720p screen with 295ppi vs a 1080p screen with 441ppi, claiming its just a marketing term. Ummmm are you kidding me??? Like honestly have you guys seen a Galaxy S4 and a Z30 side by side? The Z30 screen looks awful compared to it.

Another is the "good enough" attitude. When it comes to CPU's for example, an S4 and its Quad/Octacore is much faster when it comes to rendering maps/images/editing than a Z30. But again people say the dual core is good enough to get the job done.

Ok so I want you guys to go back in time when the Z30 was rumored as the Aristo. Look down in the comments.

Flagship BlackBerry A10 rumored to be arriving later this year | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 Aristo spec sheet appears, calls for Quad-Core Krait | CrackBerry.com

Everyone was clamoring on about quad core CPU's, 1080p displays because why? Because they are necessary and its what the market wants (It is what we wanted on CB!!). No one back then said "Quad core??? Too much for me, lets bump it down to dual core its good enough. Also the screen, bring it down to 720p because really 1080p makes no difference". So I feel like BB can literally put out anything and many people on Crackberry will be happy with it and justify below par phones with some weird reasoning.

My reason for this post then is this. If we want to move forward and make BlackBerry a success again, we on Crackberry, the most hardcore users need to demand the best from BB and John Chen & Co. Demand them to put out the best spec, the most secure, and the best built phones out on the market. We really wont get there if we still hold onto this good enough attitude.
    Lol all this is of course in your opinion, right? I have owned both the z10 and z30. I find nothing wrong with the screen.

No one on this forum has once said that the z30 has a better or equal screen to the s4. What is being said however is the z30 screen is not as bad as many make it out for be. Really. Its not. So I must be blind then, right?

Z30 is a much better phone than the z10 in every regard. Sure it's not as high ppi but it's got better color reproduction and most importantly a bigger screen! My z30 takes way better photos than the z10 as well. Oh and tell me how many times did you have to recharge your z10 daily? Ya exactly, thought so. I'm just going to keep enjoying my 20 hour battery life

In my opinion of course

Posted via my Z30
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 01-24-14 at 10:42 PM.
    01-24-14 10:31 PM
    I have yet to have anyone that I show the Z30 screen say is is anything but good looking. The average person doesn't care or see the difference. Also the average eye can't see the difference. It is just human anatomy. Just like humans can not see anymore than 16.8 million colours. That is why you don't see anything more but 24-bit colours video cards.
    01-24-14 10:37 PM
    I saw one. I liked it. My sister bought it. still think it's pretty nice. Didn't know I was lying to myself. How am I going to be able to trust myself again?

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, ibpluto, deptech and 13 others like this.
    01-24-14 11:34 PM
    The screen on my Z30 is especially better during those extra 12-16 hours of battery usage I get. I don't have to carry around a second battery or constantly plug my phone in to charge. That's the sacrifice I make. I'm not claiming you can't tell the difference, but I am claiming the Z30 is an overall better phone for ME personally. Lastly, you start with a Z10 vs Z30 comparison and quickly begin making all sorts of Galaxy comments...you lost me at S4...Samsung makes a great TV and some good washing machines. As for phones, I choose BlackBerry

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    01-24-14 11:58 PM
    +100000000000000000000000.00

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:00 AM
    The z30 has a quad core gpu and dual core cpu, from what I understand ? No?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:05 AM
    I don't like seeing all of the bickering going on with fellow BlackBerry users. Reminds me of the Bold vs Torch "feud" years ago. I think it is great to have the four options and users get to choose a device that works best for them. I love my Z10 but I have also spent time with the Z30 at Verizon and can totally see the appeal. There are pros and cons in each device.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-25-14 12:19 AM
    First thing first I believe that overall the z30 is a better phone than the z10.
    The problem I have is that the difference is too marginal for me to warrant spending �500 for one.
    I've come to believe that the z10 and z30 is much like the xperia z and the xperia z1.
    The z1 is what the z should have been.
    The z30 is what the z10 should have been.

That's just my opinion. My preferred option is the z10 mainly due to size and screen. But I fully expect to see a true successor to both the z10 and the z30 soon

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-25-14 12:31 AM
    The good enough attitude may not be as fictitious as you think though. Maybe higher specs on any front would be all kinds of improvement, but I doubt there are too many BlackBerry users who hate their device enough, I mean really force themselves to use it. What are the alternatives? There are two, stick with what is available on this platform or switch to another. Jaw dropping specs mean nothing if you hate the platform it's running on.

There's always that possibility too that maybe BlackBerry is filling certain user needs that nobody else can. This matters more to some, even if it requires sacrificing a better cpu or screen res.

I suppose the only time someone should be attacked is when someone tries to force-feed the glory of another platform or device to someone who doesn't want anything to do with it, which makes me wonder why they'd be on CrackBerry instead of say Android Central.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-25-14 02:44 AM
    I'd love to join in on the topic but I'm still waiting on BlackBerry to sell the Z30 directly since they could only get it to one US carrier

I want a Z30 but I'm leaning more towards whatever the next high end touch screen device will be. A more worthwhile upgrade to my Z10

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-25-14 04:17 AM
    Do I need quad or octo cores?
    Well, it'd be nice to have it..
    But I don't see my device lagging with only this...

Can we stop lying to ourselves?-img_20140125_183227.png

Was all the memory left in my phone.
    Can an android with similar specs with a Z30 still work without lag with only this is all free memory left?
    I doubt it.. but then, I could be wrong.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-25-14 04:40 AM
    Ok i'll stop... for now

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:47 AM
    I'm a heavy Z10 user, and the poor battery doesn't even allow me increase the brightness, it's always on lowest. PPI this PPI that, how long can you look at the Z10 screen before it dies? Im going for a Z30 and nothing you say can stop me. @op

From Zuri my Z10.
    srfinva and boeingrules like this.
    01-25-14 05:51 AM
    These silly arguments remind me of the audiophile debates about amplifiers and sound....just like the human ear can only hear so many frequencies, the human eye can only discern so much with screen quality.

I have both the z10 and the z30. I love both. I have watched movies, created documents, surfed the Internet, watched youtube.....you name it
    ...on both units. I honestly cannot see the difference...both screens are beautiful, and crisp. Colors are great, HD looks awesome...and the larger screen on the Z30 is great!

Quad core, dual core, albacore....give it a rest, OP....everything is a trade off....performance and speed over energy consumption. If it takes my Z30 1/50th of a second to load a page longer than a competitor's model, then so be it. I'm enjoying the overall experience, flow, and flexibility this OS offers....in a great hardware package to boot.

I honestly feel that if all people are going to do is complain, then go buy whatever works for you...no one is shoving a phone down your throat. Every phone has its plusses and minusses....and you pick a balance between both.

Both the z10 and z30 are great phones, and many people like then and use them to their full satisfaction. They don't work for you? Great. Sell them and get something else.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    01-25-14 06:17 AM
    There is no way I'd go back to the Z10. The sound quality and battery life of the Z30 more than make up for any specs it might be missing, which to me don't really matter if the phone works great, which the Z30 does.

The Z10 to me is a phone that should have never been released. The battery life alone keeps me from ever recommending that device to anyone.
    01-25-14 06:29 AM
451 123 ...