This is literally the ONLY reason left to support the company.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-25-17 06:38 PM
    If you really want to be taken literally, making a statement as if you know it all, is NOT the way to go.
    We encourage you to share your thoughts along with the thousands of other Crackberry members.
    I alway suggest that people make it clear that this is "just your opinion," because I can tell you from working on this side of the fence that
    there are literally many reason to continue to support "the company."

What it comes down to is Choice. Telling me I don't have a choice could only get me into a very long Rant and Trust me... you Don't want me to go there .
    If it was your intention to start a heated thread I can say most assuredly that this post is most likely the ONLY reply you'll see. Literally speaking ( and in MY opinion, of course.)

01-25-17 06:58 PM
    After my Priv experience, i don't think even the PKB is enough for me.
    GBoard is a very usable VKB at this stage and BlackBerry's software kinda lags when compared to box-stock Android... i don't know if i am going to give the Mercury a chance.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-25-17 07:00 PM
    No BlackBerry just makes pretty nice devices regardless of keyboard or not. Their software is also very useful for some users.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 likes this.
    01-25-17 07:02 PM
    Happy with my DTEK60. It definitely feels like a BlackBerry.
    01-25-17 07:10 PM
    PKB is key for me. I also preferred the form factor of the Bold and Classics. My Priv is nice and has been serving me well.
    01-25-17 07:16 PM
    I'd disagree. I like my priv with or without the pkb. I do like the pkb now that I've learned to use it. I bought the priv for the security updates and the fact that it hasn't been hacked. So no the keyboard isn't the ONLY reason to support BlackBerry
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-25-17 07:18 PM
    I guess that's why the Playbook got no traction - no keyboard.
    anon(8080272) and ominaxe like this.
    01-25-17 07:18 PM
    I guess that's why the Playbook got no traction - no keyboard.
    By jove, that's it!
    01-25-17 07:27 PM
    Yes I agree
    01-26-17 07:58 AM
    Yep.
    Pretty much.
    01-26-17 08:06 AM
    Don't leave out the "special sauce". There are other PKB phones available that feel nothing like a BlackBerry.
    01-26-17 08:16 AM
    Only because no one else makes PKB devices. So 'by default' a PKB device always means a BlackBerry. It would be better for all if other manufacturers could try making PKB devices too.
    01-26-17 08:21 AM
    Don't leave out the "special sauce". There are other PKB phones available that feel nothing like a BlackBerry.
    'Secret sauce' lol yes, profit for Chairman Chen.
    01-26-17 08:21 AM
    Well, "literally speaking", most BB handsets sold by RIM & BBRY over the past two decades, have been PKB. Last I heard, about a year ago, most BB handsets still in service were legacy. Pretty safe assumption that a dominant majority of those are PKB. How many of BB10 & droid BBs are PKB? Idk. I feel pretty confident assuming PKB BB still out numbers glass BB, but no real data in hand to support that, tho. All said, tho, pretty safe to claim a majority of product types can define a company.

Also, true or not, I've always heard that the name BlackBerry itself derived from the physical appearance of the physical keys... If true, pretty "definitive", imo.

Those of us who really work our BB PKB understand how, and why, they really are unmatched masters of that niche.
    01-26-17 08:59 AM
    Only because no one else makes PKB devices. So 'by default' a PKB device always means a BlackBerry. It would be better for all if other manufacturers could try making PKB devices too.
    Here ya go ... ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.att.com/cellphones/nec/terrain.html#sku=sku6610548
    01-26-17 09:26 AM
    NEC pkb?? How many are still around? Lol.
    01-26-17 09:49 AM
    PKB is not the only advantage of BlackBerry phones. The device "make" is great and heavy duty and the software as the easiest.

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    01-26-17 09:51 AM
    Your question is too broad.

Do physical keyboards define the company itself? No. Definitely not.

Do physical keyboards define their devices? Maybe, although this is going to always be a debate. For as long as there will be more devices, it can be pretty sure that they will always have a PKB variant, though it would be pretty foolish to assume that they won't, for just as long, have all touch devices also.

Their physical keyboard differentiates them but it doesn't define them.
    01-26-17 09:59 AM

lol that's almost four years old.
    01-26-17 10:01 AM
    lol that's almost four years old.
    Yet you can buy a new one today from AT&T, so someone must be buying them.
    01-26-17 11:01 AM
    Yet you can buy a new one today from AT&T, so someone must be buying them.
    I'd say the same about BBOS and BB10 phones. There's still some people willing to buy them today.
    01-26-17 12:55 PM
    The PKB is why I have a BlackBerry PRIV but I am glad to see there are also non PKB BlackBerry phones. As for other PKB devices, I have seen some around as well, including some with pre-paid plans for sale at Safeway. Hopefully TCL can snag some of the customers who want to upgrade from them. I still have a blitz Verizon prepaid pkb slider as a backup phone. This is on a cheap plan for use when there is no coverage with T-Mobile.
    01-26-17 02:22 PM
    I can't agree, although I am a PKB fan. I loved my BBOS keyboard BlackBerry devices. But I love my BB10 Z10 just as much.

For me, the whole orientation to old school, corporate, text-based communications is what defines BlackBerry. On my Z10, the swipe gestures and the Hub integration are so simple and intuitive for corporate communications that BlackBerry just feels more like a professional phone than the iPhone and Androids i've carried. Everything where it should be and no distractions.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 06:22 PM
    Can we all finally agree that the keyboard defines BlackBerry? This is literally the ONLY reason left to support the company.
    Finally? This was always the case. Anyone who thought otherwise is a lunatic.

Sadly, it seems BlackBerry forgot this along the way...

Very happy that TCL is going full-throttle with a PKB device!
    01-26-17 07:42 PM
61 123