Am using Z10 since 2013. So can't imagine life without the BlackBerry Virual Keyboard. I was wondering if BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard option will be available on BlackBerry Key2 when it is used in landscape mode.

Can someone please answer this question.
    06-19-18 03:09 PM
    Am using Z10 since 2013. So can't imagine life without the BlackBerry Virual Keyboard. I was wondering if BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard option will be available on BlackBerry Key2 when it is used in landscape mode.

Can someone please answer this question.
    Yes. It initiates when you turn the device from portrait to landscape.

You can set the virtual keyboard to always display, but there's a certain ridiculousness to thinking that would help anybody since the display would then be covered with an unnecessary second keyboard when in portrait view.

I know this because I found that option on my KEYone.
    Shrirang Joshi likes this.
    06-19-18 04:39 PM
    Thank you for the answer. I agree with you on ridiculousness to use the virtual keyboard in portrait mode. However it's availability in Landscape Mode seems to be so helpful to me.

Unfortunately these phones are never available in any retails stores in USA so cannot get a demo or hands-on.

Thanks again for the answer.
    06-20-18 11:56 AM
    As a long-time Z10 user, after being a long-time Bold user, I have very strong opinions on both the BlackBerry PKB and VKB.

I've had the KEYone for almost a year now, and LOVE using the VKB in portrait mode for a very simple reason: balance.

One of the problems with PKB implementations on Android is Android's requirement that all screens must be very rectangular to accommodate apps. When a PKB is added to the bottom of a rectangular glass screen, the result is a top-heavy phone compared to the Classic/Bold/Passport standards.

Most of the time this is no big deal. BlackBerry Mobile has built a nice Android phone and the balance is fine most of the time.

But, for marathon typing sessions, my KEYone is not as stable and balanced as I'd like. In those situations, the availability of the VKB is a big plus. Sure I give up a lot of screen (not really important while typing long messages) but the balance of then phone when using the VKB cannot be beat! It sits right in the middle of the screen in the absolute perfect position for my thumbs and finger to fly around the keyboard.

It may seem ridiculous to some to buy a PKB phone to use the VKB, but the KEYone offers the best VKB experience I've ever enjoyed on an Android device.

These days, I use the PKB in apps and Web sites, but I often use the VKB for long emails and other writing.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-20-18 at 02:54 PM.
    06-20-18 12:15 PM
    Hey, thank you for the detailed comment. This perspective from a real-life user of Keyone is very helpful.

I intend to use my Z10 as long as BB10 is supported however I need to be prepared with a choice of the next phone if somehow I decide to give up earlier.
    06-20-18 12:26 PM
    Thank you for the answer. I agree with you on ridiculousness to use the virtual keyboard in portrait mode. However it's availability in Landscape Mode seems to be so helpful to me.

Unfortunately these phones are never available in any retails stores in USA so cannot get a demo or hands-on.

Thanks again for the answer.
    I really like the KEYone and I had that exact thought cross my mind. It was one of the first things I made sure of.
    06-20-18 08:32 PM