Wow, 11 years. Time flies - just looked and it'll be 11 for me in October. My 12-year-old 8130 is still kicking around too, too bad there's no network for it to connect to
    It'll be 11 years for me in about a week; 7 as a Mod.
    06-30-20 09:26 PM
    Those were two specific members i was thinking of. Another one is Raino that I haven’t seen here or Android Central for a long time now.
    Raino was a wealth of knowledge in regards to the various mobile telecom companies. Very insightful.
    bakron1, idssteve and BergerKing like this.
    07-01-20 01:17 AM
    My first BlackBerry was a Bold 9000. The 9700 and infamous 9900 followed. I used to read these forums here and there but never posted. It wasn't until late '13 when AT&T finally pushed 10.2.1 and I returned to my Z10. I bought it in March but I was so upset with the software that I threw it into the cupboard and returned to my 9900. Once 10.2.1 came out I decided to get an account and learn more about BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 5-6-7 all just worked for me and as long as I could pound out texts, get work emails and make calls I was all good. I loved BlackBerry Traffic, BlackBerry Travel and many of the native apps. I loved how I could use BlackBerry Protect to save everything on one device, switch to a new and everything was there. that was magic to me at the time. I left BlackBerry after my DTEK 50 and went Samsung from my S7 Edge to the S9. January of '19 I saw a post of a sale on the BE KeyOne and I just had to have it!! Since then its been a renewed appreciation of the PKB, shortcuts and for me efficiency. Although it's different I do believe the partnership produce a device worthy of the BlackBerry name. Great build quality, long battery life, plenty fast for me and the best camera of any BlackBerry I have owned.

CrackBerry is a cool forum community. That it's luster is fading is a bit sad as all slabs are just so similar these days. I'll continue to hang around. So many helpful, good natured people here and along the way.
    07-01-20 01:50 AM
    He's still alive and kickin'...you never know when he might pop in
    Got that right

Surprise!
    Mecca EL, john_v, bakron1 and 2 others like this.
    01-31-21 12:27 AM
    Got that right

Surprise!
    Dude... welcome back.
    BigBadWulf and BergerKing like this.
    01-31-21 01:38 AM
    Wulf! {{{big hug}}}

Hope you're well, safe and healthy - good to see you. :-)

Got that right

Surprise!
    01-31-21 02:30 AM
    Dude... welcome back.
    Thanks! Was a tad longer hiatus than planned.

Wulf! {{{big hug}}}

Hope you're well, safe and healthy - good to see you. :-)
    We still trust you?!?

Just as well, safe, healthy and ornery as ever!
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-31-21 08:17 AM
    Crazy.
    So many of you posting here are in my Crackberry Forums Hall of Fame ahhahaah

Had Blackberry daily drivers from 2009 til my Key2 crapped out last year.
    The days of waiting for leaks and shrinking OS'es were fun.
    I never really posted, mostly just took in the info.

Good times these past 11 years, though I also lurked for quite a while before creating an account in 2009.

Awesome stuff.
    Good times.
    Last edited by jope28; 01-31-21 at 03:18 PM.
    01-31-21 09:01 AM
    12yrs, last Dec. Go figure. Spent more time on CB store than the forums, at first. My go to for things like batteries, chargers, desk cradles, holsters, car cradles, handsfree, track BALLS, trackball tools (remember those? Lol)...
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-31-21 11:41 AM
    Thanks! Was a tad longer hiatus than planned.
    Good to see you around...
    01-31-21 11:43 AM
    Great to see some long time members chiming in. Seems like yesterday when I first logged on CB back in 2009, how time flies.
    BergerKing and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-01-21 06:57 PM
    December 21st was my 12th CB anniversary exactly 10 days after I got my first BlackBerry, the Curve 8330. Oh, the heady days when the forums were just alive with the joys of discovery. Meeting new friends, learning new techniques, phone repair and mods, just so many paths not yet uncovered. Working together with so many has been interesting and exciting, and we've seen worlds evolve since then.

My kids are all adults now. The youngest was just 11 when I joined the forum. All of my kids are parents now, my marriage didn't survive the empty nest, and so far, I've racked up 16 grandkids and one great-granddaughter, with a new future addition just announced. Yes, I've inherited a fair number of grandkids as so far, all but two have come with ready-made families.

It saw the end of my driving career. It's seen me engaged in a battle for my health and life for the last 2½ years. But, I'm still here, and on Android Central, as well. One of our threads, the Celebrity Bucket List, that I made a few years ago, has seen 117 pages go by, and has now been added to the AC Lounge as well.

I still enjoy working as part of the Mobile Nations team, and plan to continue to contribute as long as I'm able, or as long as they'll have me.
    bakron1 and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-01-21 08:49 PM
    Member here since 2013 and BlackBerry user since 2008, really long way!
    bakron1, BigBadWulf and BergerKing like this.
    02-02-21 01:53 PM
    December 21st was my 12th CB anniversary exactly 10 days after I got my first BlackBerry, the Curve 8330. I still enjoy working as part of the Mobile Nations team, and plan to continue to contribute as long as I'm able, or as long as they'll have me.

I also enjoy being part of the Mobile nations family, being an ambassador on the CB and iMore forums keeps me busy and I enjoy contributing to the great folks out there on the forums.

I wish you well on your health issues sir and I have also inherited some myself when I became a heart patient back in 2017.

But, every day my feet hit the floor, I am thankful and try and live my life to the fullest and enjoy being retired. God willing, I will be here for the long haul.
    02-02-21 05:39 PM
    Good to see you around...
    Thanks! Saw you'd been hunting for me. We still need to meet up for a beer
    02-06-21 06:23 PM
    Oh, the heady days when the forums were just alive with the joys of discovery. Meeting new friends, learning new techniques, phone repair and mods, just so many paths not yet uncovered. Working together with so many has been interesting and exciting, and we've seen worlds evolve since then.

I still enjoy working as part of the Mobile Nations team, and plan to continue to contribute as long as I'm able, or as long as they'll have me.
    I'll drink to that, and your health! May you fully heal, and chase that flock around for years to come.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-21 06:28 PM
    Thanks! Saw you'd been hunting for me. We still need to meet up for a beer
    Anytime you’re down in Florida, I’d be happy to meet up.
    BigBadWulf, john_v and BergerKing like this.
    02-06-21 06:45 PM
    Time flies. I'll be 14 years this year.....I still remember joining when I was issued a BlackBerry 8700 and had no clue on how to properly operate it. That's still probably my favorite BB of all time. That thing was indestructible and clipping it on my belt holster was imminently satisfying.
    john_v and BergerKing like this.
    02-09-21 05:22 AM
    11 years on here for me also and still popping in from time to time.
    02-11-21 08:19 AM
    My other profile (now anon1727506) joined Feb 2009.... but I had been a lurker awhile before that.

Wonder if they can merge profiles together???
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-11-21 08:30 AM
    May 7th 2008 0.0 holy crap, lol. Twas a much different time back then, for sure!
    bakron1 and BergerKing like this.
    02-11-21 08:52 AM
46 12