I just looked and realized it’s been 11 years on Crackberry forums and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I remember the early days when everyone I knew had a BlackBerry and a BBM PIN and I had over 150 BBM contacts back in the day.

Myself along with many folks on this forum have had many different BlackBerry devices over the years. My favorite 7100i Nextel unit I carried around the world and never let me down. A few pearl and Bold models where also used back them.

Then came OS10 and I bought the first Z10 from the local T Mobile store here and had a few z30’s, Passports and a couple of Classics and it was fun on the forums back then.

New OS10 leaks where being released every week and flashing them was fun and then posting what you found on the forums which where very active back then.

I bought a KeyOne and a Key2 and liked both devices and yes moving from OS10 to Android was a challenge, but like anything else I adapted.

What I have enjoyed the most in the past 11 years are the friendships I have developed on the Crackberry forums. I still have BBM groups I have been active in for over 5 years and are still going strong.

I know many out there say that Crackberry is dying and I refuse to believe that. As long as I still have friends on the forums and enjoying posting on threads, I am here for the long haul.

Just though a positive post from a longtime member would let some of the new members know you are always welcome and will have support as long as there is a Crackberry.
    06-27-20 05:05 PM
    Know how you feel. It will be 10 year in Dec. for me. Had a great run with BB. Was great back in the days here. But change is inevitable and i have since moved on. But still come here go figure.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and Mecca EL like this.
    06-27-20 10:53 PM
    I too joined 11 years ago this July - on the eve of picking up my 4th BlackBerry device: the 9900.

Seems like a lifetime ago, and yesterday at the same time.
    Laura Knotek, bakron1 and Mecca EL like this.
    06-27-20 11:04 PM
    I've "only" been around here a little over 7 years - a virtual newbie. My one and only BB was, I think, a 7100 Nextel, and I didn't know about CB's existence at the time. I got laid off from that job just before the company was sold, and so I only had that phone 5 or 6 months, and at the time, a BB wasn't as useful without a BES server, so I moved on to other devices. Still always kept an eye on the company, following their successes and failures, but it didn't REALLY get interesting to me until around the release of BB10.
    bakron1 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-27-20 11:35 PM
    Lurked for most of the year (Initially cautious of the name. Lol.) & finally joined Dec 08. Couldn't ask for a more lively and dedicated group of enthusiasts. Fellow explorers of an unprecedented communications frontier!

We could now share and quiz discoveries & experiences from around the globe, "real time", thru a single thumb! While living life away from the desk! Could always count on a healthy spectrum of perspectives, here.

CB store was my go to for parts like trackballs, batteries, car kits, desk cradles, etc. Even software... Really miss that. Bought trackballs by the dozen... For my then aging Pearl. Swapped them in seconds with the trackball tool. "Youngsters" might not realize how truly wonderful trackPAD has been! Lol.

Of course "in our day" we walked 50 miles to school, up hill both ways. Lol. When we couldn't lasso a handy pterodactyl to ride... Really miss those... Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 06-28-20 at 07:10 AM.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and Mecca EL like this.
    06-28-20 06:46 AM
    now I had to look at my profile and was shocked to see it will be 11 years for me soon!
    06-28-20 09:45 AM
    9 years for me come September. Time slips away.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-20 10:06 AM
    It will be 11 years for me in September.

I had my 8100 for two years before I finally joined up here. I originally signed up with the old BlackBerry Forums site - which still exists and I can still sign into - having just tried and it shows my last sign in was in 2016.

But this place was more fun.
    06-28-20 12:25 PM
    I never made an account back then, as I was too young to fully understand or appreciate the usefulness of forums, but I'll never forget downloading Storm themes back in 2008 and checking back in ever since
    Laura Knotek, bakron1 and pjh248 like this.
    06-28-20 05:23 PM
    I joined 11 years ago as well. I told a friend who happened to be a BES administrator that I got a BlackBerry Bold 9000, and he recommended CB. I loved this site and even got into themes, hybrid OS and all that fun stuff.

I still stop by, mainly because I still know many people here.
    06-28-20 11:27 PM
    Mine says 7-1-09, but I know I was around earlier than that. I believe this ended up being my second account, I had one that I got locked out of or something like that. 2009 was a long time ago.

Looks like I've been a member of MoNa (Future) forums since October 2006. And I don't believe that includes my early TreoCentral account...I know I was on it earlier than that.

Have met some cool people throughout the years...lookin' at you Ed @BigBadWulf . Also got to hang out with CBKevin at the Chicago meetup, which was pretty cool.
    Still have one BBM group hanging one, just a few of us Chicago people.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and jiminica like this.
    06-29-20 07:55 AM
    Looks like I'm nearing a decade this November. Unbelievable how fast time flies sometimes. Hopefully we're all still here in another 10 years from now.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and jiminica like this.
    06-29-20 08:40 AM
    Mine says 7-1-09, but I know I was around earlier than that. I believe this ended up being my second account, I had one that I got locked out of or something like that. 2009 was a long time ago.

Looks like I've been a member of MoNa (Future) forums since October 2006. And I don't believe that includes my early TreoCentral account...I know I was on it earlier than that.

Have met some cool people throughout the years...lookin' at you Ed @BigBadWulf . Also got to hang out with CBKevin at the Chicago meetup, which was pretty cool.
    Still have one BBM group hanging one, just a few of us Chicago people.
    Has anyone seen Wulf lately?
    jiminica and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-29-20 02:25 PM
    Lot's of folks that I haven't seen in a while....

Officially my old account (now anon1727506) joined back in Feb 2009, but I had been coming here much longer as I had been issues a company BlackBerry with someone else's account (small company that had no IT) just needed a few pointers on setting it up, and then left. Wasn't till I was issues a STORM (pretty much at lauch) that I really needed CrackBerry, and ended up joining.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-20 02:42 PM
    10 years this November for me, but like many of you I had been on the forums every once in a while, reading about BlackBerry news and then decided to create an account to participate more in the forums. The community has been great for the most part and the camaraderie has also mostly prevailed even if we didn't all agree on certain ideas or topics.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-20 04:46 PM
    Hey everyone, just wondered if Elite1 was still on the forums? I sent him a couple of messages, but never received a reply? Just wanted to make sure things where good at his end?

There are a few older members I haven’t heard from in a while, but that’s to be expected. A lot of folks have moved on. I haven’t seen Jaydee5799 on the forums in a while and hope she is doing well.

Just thought I would put a couple of names out there and see how they are doing?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-20 05:07 PM
    Coming up on 10 years for me. I joined when I got my Storm 2. Part of the fun of BlackBerry ownership was this community, especially in the new days of BB10.
    Laura Knotek and bakron1 like this.
    06-29-20 10:31 PM
    Just over 10 years for me. Bought my first BB, an 8320 curve in 2008 and lurked her till June 2010 when I joined Crackberry. Many Blackberries since then but in March of 2017 I went non BB to Android. Still keep popping back to see how you guys a fairing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-20 08:42 AM
    He's still alive and kickin'...you never know when he might pop in
    06-30-20 09:36 AM
    He's still alive and kickin'...you never know when he might pop in
    I am wondering if Elite1 or Jaydee5799 are still on the forums, just curious. Another one is IndianTiwani, I used to see him a lot back then.
    06-30-20 04:46 PM
    Yeah, I've wondered about @BigBadWulf (last post was almost a year ago) and @thurask (last post was last November).

Another member said Thurask just left, but don't know if that was serious or not. Wulf just stopped posting too.

Guess that can happen. There are forums I just kind of stopped going to, but I wasn't usually that active there to begin with.

I just hope they are okay - that nothing happened to them.
    06-30-20 05:03 PM
    Yeah, I've wondered about @BigBadWulf (last post was almost a year ago) and @thurask (last post was last November).

Another member said Thurask just left, but don't know if that was serious or not. Wulf just stopped posting too.

Guess that can happen. There are forums I just kind of stopped going to, but I wasn't usually that active there to begin with.

I just hope they are okay - that nothing happened to them.
    Those were two specific members i was thinking of. Another one is Raino that I haven’t seen here or Android Central for a long time now.
    06-30-20 05:06 PM
    I am wondering if Elite1 or Jaydee5799 are still on the forums, just curious. Another one is IndianTiwani, I used to see him a lot back then.
    Going on 11 years for me in December, I think. It's been a good place to just hang out or get or give help thru the years.

Jaydee has no time to post now that she is retired lol. Hear from her once in a while in a chat group.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-20 05:39 PM
    Going on 11 years for me in December, I think. It's been a good place to just hang out or get or give help thru the years.

Jaydee has no time to post now that she is retired lol. Hear from her once in a while in a chat group.
    Thanks for the update on Jaydee, glad to hear she is retired and doing well. I am semi retired since 2018 and only do small projects for two of my longtime clients anymore.

They let me pick and choose what I want to work on. Keeps my brain active and makes me some extra golf money. Life is good.
    Laura Knotek, kbz1960 and jiminica like this.
    06-30-20 06:07 PM
    Wow, 11 years. Time flies - just looked and it'll be 11 for me in October. My 12-year-old 8130 is still kicking around too, too bad there's no network for it to connect to
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-20 09:13 PM
46 12