Hi
    Can I be tracked by my phone? A friend always seems to know where I am and he is a pretty good computer geek. My phone is in my name only and he is not a boyfriend but he likes to use my phone since I have the unlimited plan but lately he always questions me ( abit un nerving) and he seems to always know where I am.
    Thanks Again
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    11-24-09 08:12 PM
    It is possible. But he would have needed access to your phone to physically install a program to do that. A much simpler possibility would be something like latitude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 08:16 PM
    how do i find my own latitude? didnt think i had gps on here. i just got the tour and was told i had to pay extra for gps?
    11-24-09 08:38 PM
    The gps is free and comes with almost every phone. That's only if you're using your carriers app like vz navigator etc that you have to pay for it.

11-24-09 09:08 PM
    Yeah, that's sounds pretty creepy, if he put one of the any number of gps location apps on ur phone then he would have no problem finding u. Just disable ur gps and he won't b able to see anything

11-24-09 09:40 PM
    Do you have GoogleMaps on your phone??

He could have created a Latitude account via GM and kept it running with out you knowing potentially... (far fetched though).
    11-24-09 09:43 PM
    When you let someone else have access to your phone and do not monitor everything they do, it's possible they can add any app they want and if you don't check your installed apps and know what's running on your phone then you are vulnerable to this type of thing with the availability of tracking apps out there. You can be tracked by web access very easily. Bottom line - don't loan your phone to anyone for anything unless you're going to stand right there watching them dial and hang up and take it back. Just my 2 cents.

11-24-09 10:36 PM
    When you let someone else have access to your phone and do not monitor everything they do, it's possible they can add any app they want and if you don't check your installed apps and know what's running on your phone then you are vulnerable to this type of thing with the availability of tracking apps out there. You can be tracked by web access very easily. Bottom line - don't loan your phone to anyone for anything unless you're going to stand right there watching them dial and hang up and take it back. Just my 2 cents.

This is exactly what I do. Ill press my phone button, watch them dial and talk, and snatch it when they are done

11-24-09 11:41 PM
    If you really think he is tracking you and you are fairly comfortable with your phone there are things you can do. You could use bbsak or maxmem to try and spot any "weird" apps. Or you can completely wipe your phone and install a fresh OS. Then you can do an advanced restore with DM (desktop manager) and that way you can control what is reloaded to your phone. Read the how to forums and get familiar with the terms and procedures to wipe and reinstall an OS. Someone on here might be able to provide you with a link if you can't find what you need as far as the OS goes. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

11-25-09 02:27 AM
    You could just have the "share location" feature set to on within BBM or a twitter program

11-25-09 04:34 AM
    Why would you let anyone use your phone? I can understand if someone had their battery die or they left their phone in the car or something. Seriously, I havent had anyone ask me to use my phone in years, cell phone's are everywhere. If he asks again just say, "Sorry, Im waiting for a call."

Their are quite a few cell phone spyware companies selling software that cannot be detected by any usual method like "checking installed apps".

Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, GPS Tracker, Location Tracking, Remote Listening for Mobile / Cell Phones

Mobile Spy - Monitor SMS Text Messages, Call Info and GPS Locations on iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian OS Smartphones. Spy Software for Monitoring your Cell Phone

Here is a video to go along with the above links

The point is to never leave your phone unattended or let someone use it for other than a quick phone call.
    11-25-09 01:08 PM
    You can turn off your location discovery in options-advanced optiions-gps.

11-25-09 01:12 PM
    Hi
    Can I be tracked by my phone? A friend always seems to know where I am and he is a pretty good computer geek. My phone is in my name only and he is not a boyfriend but he likes to use my phone since I have the unlimited plan but lately he always questions me ( abit un nerving) and he seems to always know where I am.
    Thanks Again

He may have been able to sweet talk a rep into getting access to your account. You can call Sprint Tech, and ask them to review all case notes, to see if anyone has accessed your account other than you.

I would also recommend that you change your password on your MySprint page.
    11-25-09 01:43 PM
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the info! We work together his phone gets crappy service so its not out of the ordinary for him to use my phone. But I think he thinks Im seeing someone else and he seems well.....jealous. note:we are just friends and NOT friends with benifits! thats why I find this strange. He is always trying to see who I text and somehow seems to know where I am all the time. Weird!
    Thanks Again
    11-25-09 02:25 PM
    What I find strange is you. If he is your friend then he is a person you can trust, but you do not seem to trust him. Why didn't you confront him? If you were afraid of the situation then why did you not try something like turning of your BlackBerry and use another phone for a day to see if anything changed? Just my three cents and a latte.

11-25-09 03:37 PM
    Why would you let anyone use your phone? I can understand if someone had their battery die or they left their phone in the car or something. Seriously, I havent had anyone ask me to use my phone in years, cell phone's are everywhere. If he asks again just say, "Sorry, Im waiting for a call."

Their are quite a few cell phone spyware companies selling software that cannot be detected by any usual method like "checking installed apps".

Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, GPS Tracker, Location Tracking, Remote Listening for Mobile / Cell Phones

Mobile Spy - Monitor SMS Text Messages, Call Info and GPS Locations on iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian OS Smartphones. Spy Software for Monitoring your Cell Phone

Here is a video to go along with the above links

The point is to never leave your phone unattended or let someone use it for other than a quick phone call.
    Would something like BBSAK which can show "all" applications show those types of apps? It shows all third party modules and all rim modules. She could use it to read everything and then you can save that read-info to a text file. She could post its results so folks could see what is running. But, again, only if it can SHOW ALL apps including nefarious ones.
    11-25-09 03:44 PM
    BBSAK among others use the low level javaloader protocol. When you have javaloader list you all modules installed on the device, it means *all* modules/apps. No way you can hide your app in that list.

11-25-09 03:48 PM
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the info! We work together his phone gets crappy service so its not out of the ordinary for him to use my phone. But I think he thinks Im seeing someone else and he seems well.....jealous. note:we are just friends and NOT friends with benifits! thats why I find this strange. He is always trying to see who I text and somehow seems to know where I am all the time. Weird!
    Thanks Again
    I do not know how old you are, and it really does not matter, but even when I was 20 something, I didn't have friends that needed to know who I was talking to or sending emails to. Now you say he wants to use your phone while at work, let him use a work phone or go outside to use his phone. But if he's using your phone to make phone calls, its phone calls he should be making, and not browsing the web, playing with features or snooping in your text and email messages.

However you want to paint this relationship, it's time for this "friend" to get his own phone without crappy service and get his own data plan.

Also for you to put up with this from a friend, seems to me you actually like the attention/drama of the situation. Trust me if I were a female, I'd have put a stop to it the first time he "guessed" my location, even if that meant deleting every app on and making sure GPS was never turned on, until I figured out what he had done while "using my phone".

So next time he asks to use your phone just say no. Do not explain, just say no. Every time he asks after that, the answer should be the same. NO and when he starts having other co-workers ask for him, same answer no. No to holding the phone, no to seeing the phone for a minute, no testing the phone, no browsing the web with the phone. NO, period.

If this is too hard for you, leave the phone at home.
    11-25-09 03:52 PM
    On a side note it is better to know who your true friends are as opposed to colleagues or mates. Just in case there is a third person in this story.

11-25-09 03:58 PM
    Yep, BlkBear is correct, tell him no, no, no. It's your phone, you don't owe him anything. I rarely let my wife access my phone, when she does it's because I let her-she is my wife after all. In all seriousness, I have nothing to hide, but you might, so tell him NO.
    11-25-09 05:32 PM
    Sounds like you have a stalker .
    11-26-09 09:18 AM
    Wipe the phone.

11-26-09 10:33 AM
    That is way too weird for me.. I would say wipe the phone, password it and tell him NO on every occasion he asks. And imho if he is a "friend" he will get the hint and stop bothering you about it.

Or you could always be honest and up front with him and tell him what has you concerned but I would bet he will just lie to you about it and then keep tabs on you secretly. Not that I have done this stuff before, I am just saying... ;-)
    11-27-09 01:47 PM
    Why not try a different approach and just ask him straight out. Then you decide what you should do from there..
    11-27-09 02:43 PM
    Why not try a different approach and just ask him straight out. Then you decide what you should do from there..
    This would only work if the "friend" said yes he did something to allow him to see where she was, either from the web, text or email. The "friend" is already playing the "I know where you are"...game, so it's doubtful he's going to cop to doing anything if he actually is. Once is a friend playing a joke, 2 or more times is being a creepy *****, not a friend.
    11-27-09 07:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD