I have acquired a Blackberry Curve 8530 in the past few weeks, at first it wasn't working due to some error i managed to fix quickly but then i went to have it updated with the lastest version of blackberry desktop manager v7.1, problem is it nuked the blackberry, then I read about how to unnuke your blackberry, i tried apploader in version 7.1 but would not work since it would recognize the USB.PIN with the numbers (is it because i didnt delete the vendor.xml files?!) i dont know.

Therefore i decided to look up for a previous version of desktop manager, i stumbled accross a Desktop manager V4.6. Then I went to download the latest version 5.0.0 of blackberry OS for curve 8530 and installed it and rebooted computer as it asked me to do so. Here is what i do and it bugs me exactly always at the same area :

First I remove the battery and I use JL_Cmder to make sure the blackberry is completely wiped. Then i go into c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ and i open the loader.exe file there (the vendor.xml files are deleted). After that i press next and it shows me the windows with the port i need to connect (though it does not show me Com1 as in the picture but shows insteed a blank rectangle). As i connect the Blackberry it does show me USB.PIN : Unknown so i click next. I pop the battery back in at this point and put the cover on as suggested, it then asks me what i want to install on it so i click all the apps i want. On the next window it starts to erase all the files and loading the components necessary (as being the first of 4 actions). On the second Action which is to boot the Blackberry is where i get my problem, it does not recognize the Blackberry being plugged as i hear the constant dinging sound until it simply tells me it failed to recognize the berry being plugged in. I am using a Windows XP SP3 32bit computer to do this.

My questions about this is it failing to find the berry because i previously installed a version 7.1 then removed it without wiping clean the register files? is it failing because the OS V5.0.0 is not compatible with a Desktop manager v4.6? Should i be using another computer to do it clean with no previous installation done on it? also if the OS V5.0.0 is not compatible with Desktop Manager v4.6 where can i get a previous version of the OS for a kodoo phone? (looked in the OS superpage + blackberry page the only version i was able to find was this one) and finally what the heck am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by JohnnyRico; 12-05-12 at 08:35 PM.
    12-05-12 04:29 PM
    I have acquired a Blackberry Curve 8530 in the past few weeks, at first it wasn't working due to some error i managed to fix quickly but then i went to have it updated with the lastest version of blackberry desktop manager v7.1, problem is it nuked the blackberry, then I read about how to unnuke your blackberry, i tried apploader in version 7.1 but would not work since it would recognize the USB.PIN with the numbers (is it because i didnt delete the vendor.xml files?!) i dont know therefore i decided to look up for a previous version of desktop manager, i stumbled accross a Desktop manager V4.6. Then I went to download the latest version 5.0.0 of blackberry OS for curve 8530 and installed it and rebooted computer as it asked me to do so. Here is what i do and it bugs me exactly always at the same area : First I remove the battery and I use JL_Cmder to make sure the blackberry is completely wiped. Then i go into c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ and i open the loader.exe file there (the vendor.xml files are deleted). After that i press next and it shows me the windows with the port i need to connect (though it does not show me Com1 as in the picture but shows insteed a blank rectangle) as i connect the Blackberry it does show me USB.PIN : Unknown so i click next. I pop the battery back in at this point and put the cover on as suggested, it then asks me what i want to install on it so i click all the apps i want. On the next window it starts to erase all the files and loading the components necessary (as being the first of 4 actions). On the second Action which is to boot the Blackberry is where i get my problem, it does not recognize the Blackberry being plugged as i hear the constant dinging sound until it simply tells me it failed to recognize the berry being plugged in. I am using a Windows XP SP3 32bit computer to do this, my questions about this is it failing to find the berry because i previously installed a version 7.1 then removed it without wiping clean the register files? is it failing because the OS V5.0.0 is not compatible with a Desktop manager v4.6? Should i be using another computer to do it clean with no previous installation done on it? also if the OS V5.0.0 is not compatible with Desktop Manager v4.6 where can i get a previous version of the OS for a kodoo phone? (looked in the OS superpage + blackberry page the only version i was able to find was this one) and finally what the heck am I doing wrong?
    Buy a curve off contract for $100
    12-05-12 04:40 PM
    Buy a curve off contract for $100
    that answer does not help me, any other inquiries? i did not spent a dime on the phone nor do i intend to as for a line on it there is none and nor do i intend to have one i just wanna use the phone for other purpose than calling but all i know is it used to be a koodo phone
    12-05-12 04:45 PM
    that answer does not help me, any other inquiries? i did not spent a dime on the phone nor do i intend to as for a line on it there is none and nor do i intend to have one i just wanna use the phone for other purpose than calling but all i know is it used to be a koodo phone
    You need to display your issue in a more concise and compact matter. No one wants to read that much and quite frankly its confusing and hard to read
    12-05-12 04:54 PM
    you might find it confusing but if theres something im not doing right someone will find it as i gave the most information possible, if you want more concise i can simply put it this way : V4.6 of desktop manager on 32bit windows xp does not work and fails at booting sequence of cell phone device, previous installation of 7.1 on same computer, i did all it says to do in the nuked berry section, anyone can help me?
    12-05-12 05:01 PM