so, i wanted to get the signing token so i can debug an android application but i wasn't able to sign in with the id, probably because the confirmation email never came and resending it did nothing, i researched a bit and the general consensus was that i should wipe the phone to get a new bbid that could get the email, but oh surprise, the phone asks me for the bbid that was linked to it and it doesn't even recognize it like it did before, i think that my phone was able to recognize the id but nothing BB did, and for some reason, now they decided that it is linked to that non existant id, help me please, i can't use my phone and i don't want to buy another
    11-04-15 12:23 PM
    If you can't remember the BBID, there is nothing you can do to circumvent anti-theft. You have to send it to BlackBerry for "repair". They will also need your original proof of purchase.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-04-15 12:33 PM
    It's an anti-theft measure that came with 10.3.2, designed to prevent people from nicking phones, wiping them, and then using them with a new BBID.

If it's asking you for a specific BBID, it can't be non-existent.
    11-04-15 12:34 PM
    i do know my BBID but it won't let me sign in, i even changed the password on it before doing the wipe to make sure the ID existed but i've had no success on it, there's also the option to recover the password but i don't receive any email for it
    11-04-15 12:57 PM
    i do know my BBID but it won't let me sign in, i even changed the password on it before doing the wipe to make sure the ID existed but i've had no success on it, there's also the option to recover the password but i don't receive any email for it
    Can you log in to BlackBerry Protect online with your BBID? Does it recognise your device?

11-04-15 12:59 PM
    Can you log in to BlackBerry Protect online with your BBID? Does it recognise your device?

That's the issue i think, i can't sign in to anything and i don't receive any email to "recover" the password, i know for a fact what's the password because i changed it before wiping the phone and i don't get the "you must use the BBID linked to this phone" error while using it so the ID is correct, but it just won't let me sign in
    11-04-15 01:05 PM
    That's the issue i think, i can't sign in to anything and i don't receive any email to "recover" the password, i know for a fact what's the password because i changed it before wiping the phone and i don't get the "you must use the BBID linked to this phone" error while using it so the ID is correct, but it just won't let me sign in
    You need to describe exactly what you did - each and every step. Don't intertwine with your theories or conjectures - just the raw facts.

raino likes this.
    11-04-15 01:38 PM
    You need to describe exactly what you did - each and every step. Don't intertwine with your theories or conjectures - just the raw facts.

what i did was that i tried to sign in with my id and i wasn't able to,then i changed my password and tried with this new password, nothing still, i tried doing the forgot password? thing but it doesn't let me, it asks for a valid BBID username, i try to login from my phone's setup and it asks for the BBID linked to the phone, which is that one, again, no success, i also before wiping my phone clicked a button that said confirm email, but the email never came.

i know that all this is for security measures but since my ID isn't accepted and still being valid, that doesn't leave me many things to do, i've wasted hours trying to make my phone work again :/
    Last edited by neoherakles; 11-04-15 at 02:45 PM.
    11-04-15 02:19 PM
    what i did was that i tried to sign in with my id and i wasn't able to
    OK. So where did this happen - on your device? Why weren't you logged in already? What did you do that required you to "sign in"?

11-04-15 02:47 PM
    OK. So where did this happen - on your device? Why weren't you logged in already? What did you do that required you to "sign in"?

that was in the blackberry id login site (sorry, i can't post links yet apparently), i needed to login so i could receive a signing token to debug an android application
    11-04-15 03:01 PM
    that was in the blackberry id login site (sorry, i can't post links yet apparently), i needed to login so i could receive a signing token to debug an android application
    So, you never resolved your BBID issue on your device before you wiped. We're back to post#2.

11-04-15 03:48 PM
    Two questions for the OP:

1. Have you checked your BBID email's junk folder?
    2. Have you tried both passwords--the one you had before you changed it, and the one you changed to?
    11-04-15 03:51 PM
    thanks for all the help, yes, i checked my email, it's not there anywhere, i also tried the password before the change and after, none of which are valid, and yes, sadly i wiped it believing it'd let me create another ID to replace the one with issues, but it just made it worse :/
    11-04-15 04:00 PM
    i had another ID before the current one that somehow doesn't work, if i login with that one, it'll give me the error message that the id is not the corresponding id of my phone, i don't know what to do, i really need to use my phone and i don't know how to contact blackberry support to explain my situation :/

i did a full backup of my device and i even have the PIN and original name of it, but i can't recover to the backup from Blackberry Link because i need to complete the setup, which i cannot do
    11-04-15 08:35 PM
    Only the BBID that was in use while the before the phone was wiped/while 10.3.2 was installed will work. .
    11-04-15 08:37 PM
    Only the BBID that was in use while the before the phone was wiped/while 10.3.2 was installed will work. .
    that's the one i'm trying to access with but even though the password is correct, it doesn't let me, the easiest solution seems to be signing into blackberry protect, deleting my device from the list and then try to set up again, but i can't sign in even with the correct password :c
    11-04-15 10:06 PM
    that's the one i'm trying to access with but even though the password is correct, it doesn't let me, the easiest solution seems to be signing into blackberry protect, deleting my device from the list and then try to set up again, but i can't sign in even with the correct password :c
    If you deleted that ID, then tried to "put it back" using the correct ID password, I do not believe that will work.
    11-04-15 10:28 PM
    If you deleted that ID, then tried to "put it back" using the correct ID password, I do not believe that will work.
    no, i mean, if i delete the device from the ID in bb protect so it'd let me sign in, but i can't sign in to anything, it's like the ID is gone but i'm still being asked for it
    11-05-15 01:09 AM
    Additionally, when i try to sign in from my phone and i click forgot password, it says, the value you have entered is invalid, please try again, which is incorrect because that is my ID and it also doesn't display the wrong ID error like it does using a deliberately wrong ID
    11-05-15 02:47 AM
    Sorry but this is confusing. When you wipe your phone... If you are on OS 10.3.1 or below, no problem. you can create a new ID. If you are on 10.3.2xxx you must, after a wipe, log in with the ID that was associated with the phone before you wiped it. But, in order to turn BBerry protect OFF (before a wipe) , you still need to log on with the correct ID.

IF... you wiped your phone, then deleted its ID before logging back on to the phone, you are screwed. The bottom line is, if you wiped the phone with BBerry protect ON, you need the original ID.
    11-05-15 05:40 AM
    Sorry but this is confusing. When you wipe your phone... If you are on OS 10.3.1 or below, no problem. you can create a new ID. If you are on 10.3.2xxx you must, after a wipe, log in with the ID that was associated with the phone before you wiped it. But, in order to turn BBerry protect OFF (before a wipe) , you still need to log on with the correct ID.

IF... you wiped your phone, then deleted its ID before logging back on to the phone, you are screwed. The bottom line is, if you wiped the phone with BBerry protect ON, you need the original ID.
    I understand that, but i think it's an error on BB's side because i do provide my ID and the correct password
    11-05-15 12:23 PM
    Ring up here: +1-647-426-1108

BlackBerry support

Might have to pay a support fee, or contact your carrier first, in case you're on a contract. Good luck!

:-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-05-15 04:00 PM
    Ring up here: +1-647-426-1108

BlackBerry support

Might have to pay a support fee, or contact your carrier first, in case you're on a contract. Good luck!

:-)

i'm from Mexico, is it international? i'm not so confident on my spoken english but i'll give it a try if there's no option in my native language, thanks a lot for the help
    11-05-15 04:07 PM
    i'm from Mexico, is it international? i'm not so confident on my spoken english but i'll give it a try if there's no option in my native language, thanks a lot for the help
    +1 is the US country code. I'm ringing from Australia!

If it helps at all,
    maybe you can glean a few bits from my "desperate" backup thread:

Can't restore from backup after wipe

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1046315

:-D

God bless and Have a great day!

11-05-15 06:13 PM
    +1 is the US country code. I'm ringing from Australia!

If it helps at all,
    maybe you can glean a few bits from my "desperate" backup thread:

Can't restore from backup after wipe

Can't restore from backup after wipe - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

:-D

God bless and Have a great day!

i can't seem to be able to dial the number, i'm pretty sure that all will be fixed when they let me sign into my account but still no success, i've tried what you said in your thread but i need to sign in to PROTECT, which i can't do even with the correct id and password, and when i try to recover the password, it says, insert a valid id
    11-06-15 01:55 PM
26 12