Ok guys, I need a little help. I am new to this blackberyy thing. I have a BB Bold. I saw a thread a while back about battery pull. Can someone tell me what this is for and how often are you supposed to do this? I haven't done it yet since I got my bold.

Also, when you do a battery pull will all of my text messages be deleted?

One other question is that sometimes my e-mails don't come through. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
    05-06-09 10:08 AM
    A battery pull is just a hard reset, you will not lose any information.

If you emails are not coming through, then just resend your service books. You can do this by deleting the email account, and registering it. I had this problem once on my Bold, and it worked without a hitch.
    05-06-09 10:09 AM
    A battery pull is simply pulling the battery out of your BB which resets your BB and it frees up some memory if you are having memory problems.

another way to reset it with out actually having to pull the battery out is pressing left ATL + right SHIFT + DELETE press them in that order for a soft reset and if you want a hard reset press those all twice.

No your messages will not be deleted.

As for email I do not know the answer.
    05-06-09 10:10 AM
    A battery pull is just a hard reset, you will not lose any information.

If you emails are not coming through, then just resend your service books. You can do this by deleting the email account, and registering it. I had this problem once on my Bold, and it worked without a hitch.
    doing it that way will delete all of the emails you have in your berry. send your service books by logging into your BIS(email setup icon) and hitting service books>send service books. you dont need to actually delete the email accounts to do this, but it should fix the email problem you are having.
    05-06-09 10:18 AM
    Ok guys, I need a little help. I am new to this blackberyy thing. I have a BB Bold. I saw a thread a while back about battery pull. Can someone tell me what this is for and how often are you supposed to do this? I haven't done it yet since I got my bold.

Also, when you do a battery pull will all of my text messages be deleted?

One other question is that sometimes my e-mails don't come through. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
    I pull the battery about every two days. Never lost any data or emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 10:22 AM
    If you're having problems deleting messages and do a better pull they will delete.
    05-06-09 10:37 AM
    doing it that way will delete all of the emails you have in your berry. send your service books by logging into your BIS(email setup icon) and hitting service books>send service books. you dont need to actually delete the email accounts to do this, but it should fix the email problem you are having.
    The deletion only pertains to losing emails on your device, but not from your actual email inbox. Most will likely not care as emails can also be accessed from 3rd Party Apps like Gmail and Yahoo. Sometimes resending service books isnt the solution, so logging into your BIS Email accounts by removing and re-adding can be a simple solution as well and configuring how you want your emails to be sent/received by your device.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 05-06-09 at 11:35 AM.
    05-06-09 11:30 AM
    The deletion only pertains to losing emails on your device, but not from your actual email inbox. Most will likely not care as emails can also be accessed from 3rd Party Apps like Gmail and Yahoo. Sometimes resending service books isnt the solution, so logging into your BIS Email accounts by removing and re-adding can be a simple solution as well and configuring how you want your emails to be sent/received by your device.
    99% of the time sending service books will fix problems.. whereas deleting and re-adding accounts is only needed 1% of the time. not everyone has the gmail or yahoo apps, and still need the emails on their device. i wouldnt suggest not suggesting someone delete and re-add accounts without giving them the consequence, or the reasons they may need to. furthermore, you made it seem like that is what sending service books was; deleting and re-adding email addys.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 05-06-09 at 12:52 PM.
    05-06-09 12:26 PM
    Doing a battery pull is like 'resetting' your bb to bring up memory&files free-no it will not delete anything from your phone. - usually do a battery pull maybe 1x wkly just to keep my bb fresh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 01:50 PM
    I made the title a bit more descriptive for future reference, remember folks....

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    05-06-09 01:53 PM
    A battery pull is like a cable modem/router reset. You won't lose information on the computer if you do this, it just resets the connection
    05-06-09 04:18 PM
    quickpull works nice for scheduled resets ..

but with a keyboard you can do softresets as well..
    05-06-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD