Why do the people that have other smartphone brands spend some much time on this forum pledding their case? Why don't they talk about this junk to them selves. I'm sorry but its so sad that we can't get answers or answer someone's question w/out wading thru a sea of BS. It doesn't take 5 minutes of looking for a newbie to come to the conclusion that if the ask a question about a problem their having that they are going to hear that the phone brand is the problem. The point in this forum is to learn and talk about our devices.
    up488, Hgouck, Jonathank and 14 others like this.
    12-02-11 08:39 PM
    Thank you. Well said. People need to be a le to come here and get help with their BlackBerry itself without being told that the device itself is the problem and not getting the help and advice they need. This isn't a come here to b***h forum, its a discussion and help forum.
    12-02-11 09:05 PM
    Evidently there are many who need to convince themselves that they aren't missing something, by bashing other platforms. Insecurity and a lack of understanding how to maximize whatever else they are holding in their hand equals Fear. Its really completely moronic. People should have the freedom to choose the way they live their lives, sex, drugs, phones or rock and roll. The problem is there will always be many who judge. They are always the ones who have a bigger suitcase full of sh*t than the ones they condemn. But pointing out everyone elses flaws and differences helps make their own cr@p bag stink less. What a crock, but it has been like this since the beginning of time. And will be till the end. Your best defense is to laugh and focus on what is important. And by all means "Don't Feed the Trolls!" Or they will multiply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Apollo_Creed likes this.
    12-02-11 10:20 PM
    My opinion is that pr firms send people into this forum to 'muddy the water' and steer people away from BB products - and this forum.

(my opinion) It is their job to be here. They could care less about aggravating people (they want you to stop coming to this forum). They use every subversive trick they can think of. Their pictures are fake, their phone history is fake,...

These people aren't just disgruntled former BB owners coming back...

This is a BB fan forum!
    Last edited by anthogag; 12-02-11 at 10:34 PM.
    llllBULLSEYE and Jake2826 like this.
    12-02-11 10:32 PM
    My opinion is that pr firms send people into this forum to 'muddy the water' and steer people away from BB products - and this forum.

(my opinion) It is their job to be here. They could care less about aggravating people (they want you to stop coming to this forum). They use every subversive trick they can think of. Their pictures are fake, their phone history is fake,...

These people aren't just disgruntled former BB owners coming back...

This is a BB fan forum!
    its not so much just your opinion, its factual to say it happens, but wether it happens on this site is i guess another matter.
    12-02-11 10:48 PM
    you are so right and actually it makes me feel like if I ever have a problem
    with my 9810 Im not gonna post it here for help.
    If I post I have a problem with my battery right away the next 3 post are gonna be from and Iphone lover. I will just start and argument instead of getting help.
    wish they would stay away.
    no matter what and Iphone/android lover tells me it goes into one ear
    and comes out the other....
    12-02-11 11:33 PM
    you are so right and actually it makes me feel like if I ever have a problem
    with my 9810 Im not gonna post it here for help.
    If I post I have a problem with my battery right away the next 3 post are gonna be from and Iphone lover. I will just start and argument instead of getting help.
    wish they would stay away.
    no matter what and Iphone/android lover tells me it goes into one ear
    and comes out the other....

Post you problems here. It's a BB fan forum
    12-02-11 11:37 PM
    its not so much just your opinion, its factual to say it happens, but wether it happens on this site is i guess another matter.

It does happen on this site. It's easy to spot - their posts are constantly bashing RIM - they show no BB love.

This is a popular BB site. They will send people here and other popular BB sites.
    12-02-11 11:40 PM
    I was wondering the same especially with my "MISTAKE OF SWITCHING TO ANROID" thread.

The converts that moved on to another OS, why are they still here?
    12-02-11 11:58 PM
    Certain people fell the need to counteract the love others have in many ways. This being one. Its a character flaw mostly!!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-03-11 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. I went down and nosed around the other smartphone section. What I saw was nteresting. There is only 5 threads about Blackberrys in the 1st 4 pages of the iphone section. I wanted to explore further but I started getting hives so I took some benadryl and backed out. The Android section was the same. 5 within the 1st 4 pages. However the 1st 3 threads is on the 1st page. My point here is this talk isn't going on in their own circle. So there must be something to this slander for cash. Is there not something the mods do? If not let's take the law in our own hands. If a spammer post in a thread we just aband the thread. Don't even look at em. Maybe they will just go away.
    12-03-11 02:46 AM
    Look, its because iPhone and Android user think they have bragging rights. It sucks to see it because they think we don't have anything (as BB users). Due to this, they b**ch about everything. Anyway folks, we know what we have ....

BBM
    Awesome Email
    Keyboard
    steppinghorse likes this.
    12-03-11 04:19 AM
    For me it is because I still help manage BB's and might come back one day. We have been through this numerous time in numerous threads. There are two very different ex-BB users, those that post crap in threads about how BB sucks, and those that try to offer viewpoints while also still learning about BB and helping where possible with issues.

If you want all non-BB users to go away, then it is not going to happen. A lot of forums, most in fact, also help attract users to the technology or subject for which they were built. You must have non-user traffic for that or else it is just people with a membership card and not all that diverse or helpful. I still go to several Android forums as well, in fact as often as a I come here. Few people are the "I will never switch" or are married to a platform. I could see myself using any of them in the future. Many people also want to stay educated on all of the smartphone technology.

In the "Mistake of Switching to Android" thread there are people trying to offer you viewpoints or solutions to what you noted were the problems or horrible things you hated. Few said it was the wrong choice to switch back to BB. If you want your opinions or especially statements made like facts to be accepted without alternatives, then don't start a thread about it. I actually felt like that thread was fairly positive. There where as many Android sucks statements as BB, if not more. A lot of the problems stated were just not correct or could have been solved easily. That does not say your move back to BB was not better for you or wrong. I give anyone a thumbs up who likes their choice and think any of the platforms can be made to work.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 12-03-11 at 07:09 AM.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    12-03-11 07:01 AM
    I don't see any BlackBerry bashing going on. I really don't. So if the non-BlackBerry users aren't bashing RIM, what's the problem?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    Accidental Post likes this.
    12-03-11 07:15 AM
    I find myself in a rather interesting position these days. Having been a rabid Android hater, I have recently found that I actually love using my Atrix. And I absolutely love my BBerries.

If I had to choose one I would give up the Atrix.

So....I actually find that I love both my Atrix and my 9930....should I stay or should I go?

kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:15 AM
    I don't see any BlackBerry bashing going on. I really don't. So if the non-BlackBerry users aren't bashing RIM, what's the problem?

Really???? These forums are full of BlackBerry bashing! It wasn't always this way. I miss the days that you could come on here and actually get a question answered. No matter where you go in Crackberry the bashing is in your face.
    I have to say though that if you go into the iphone and android forums here you don't see BlackBerry owners in there bashing their phones. Just an observation...
    12-03-11 07:56 AM
    @13echo4. The more it bothers you, the less you should post and look for alternate sites.

As it was many months ago Crackberry is a less welcoming place, some die hard BlackBerry fans who are on edge make it hard for a new user to ask questions, because they are seen as trolls, then you have 5 or 6 very consistent negative all things not Apple posters, who find ways to bash RIM, Windows, and anything else that isn't Apple love.

You have former users who for the most part are here for the community, they do little negative except for feeding trolls with "likes" and "thanks" or quoting the trolls since they have similar positive experiences, without the negative RIM. But it is quoted anyway.

I would not want 100% BlackBerry Happy forum, as there are lots of things that need improving. But I would close the Android and iPhone sections and point people to the other blogs to encourage cross membership, and try to not foster this hostility that exists on this site.

This remains thr #1 BlackBerry site because of its wealth of information from years of being a great site, but 2011 has been a year of distruction to the community, I'm still pointing people to this site, which is a step up from the previous clean up, but the recommending the site has to come with a watch out, it is a very hostile group,
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-11 08:11 AM

Heather you must be on a different BlackBerry website than I am.
    12-03-11 08:12 AM
    Not this again.

1) I sell phones. I keep up on each device to better serve customers.

2) I have friends here.

3) it's not your board, you don't get to say who is and isn't allowed to post here.

4). I WILL chime in when someone asks a question when weighing pros and cons of different OS's and they are told misinformation.

5) if QNX is any good I may give BB another shot. Also I am staring at a box with two BBs in it that are my backup phones. I have every right to be here.

I am so over these threads - they are as bad as the threads the OP complains about.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    12-03-11 08:25 AM
    Heather you must be on a different BlackBerry website than I am.
    What constitutes bashing then? Because I really don't see much of it going on. Just from my observations. I'm not around here much anymore. I pop in threads that mention iPhone and I stay out of the PB section usually. If we're talking bashing is "RIM sucks" "Crapberry" "BlackBerry can eat dirt", then I don't see it. What are you guys considering bashing?
    12-03-11 09:00 AM
    There is a world of difference between discussing devices and the gleeful RIM bashing that goes on here. There is also a new phenomenon of pro-RIM trolls provoking the anti-RIM trolls.
    To pretend both sides don't exist is disingenuous.

Heather my post was not directed at you. Just happened to fall behind you.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 12-03-11 at 09:12 AM.
    12-03-11 09:08 AM
    there are a good number of BB haters out there and it seems like the numbers are growing by the day. rest assured that there are people out there that will help ya out in here. Ive been actively going to this site for over a year now and been on the forums for..looks up at start date... and ive found a lot of helpful people on here, you just gotta weed threw the bad guys.
    12-03-11 09:26 AM
    It's called fanboys and they are here and for all platforms including bb. Discussion about all platforms is great bashing of any of them is really silly and pointless. My dog is better than your dog. So what I love my dog.
    12-03-11 09:40 AM
    Not this again.

1) I sell phones. I keep up on each device to better serve customers.

2) I have friends here.

3) it's not your board, you don't get to say who is and isn't allowed to post here.

4). I WILL chime in when someone asks a question when weighing pros and cons of different OS's and they are told misinformation.

5) if QNX is any good I may give BB another shot. Also I am staring at a box with two BBs in it that are my backup phones. I have every right to be here.

I am so over these threads - they are as bad as the threads the OP complains about.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Really? Really? I never once claimed it was my board or that I had any more right to it than anybody else. Nor did I say people that don't like BlackBerrys shouldn't be here. What I'm saying is the senseless highjaking and Rim insulting threads be left out.
    Let's go at it like this. Your 1st statement was you sell phones and you come here to keep up with all other platforms to better help your customers. Say one of your customers comes in and tells ya they want something like their 9700 but want a touch screen. With the 9810 being $19 right now let's say you haven't had much exposure to it. What ya do? In the old days you come CB and ask the people what they think about it. You'd get good honest reviews. You would find out if the device was having problems etc. These days your going to get highjacked into a war between the platforms. I've noticed all the gurus have moved high into the rafters. That's a crying shame. To think that the counter offer is to suggest that the BlackBerry owners leave the forum that's a BlackBerry forum. SMH, just as I was saying in starting this thread.
    12-03-11 10:36 AM
    You know, you could put people who constantly make posts/threads you don't like, on IGNORE.

War Is All We Know
    12-03-11 11:16 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD