I recently picked up a Curve 8330 with Verizon. Set up my Gmail accounts with IMAP as instructed on Google's web site. I get the activation e-mails, and I can send an e-mail from my Blackberry through the addresses and it will show up wherever I send it...but my BB will not recieve any e-mails. I have tried (as suggested by the FAQ):

- A battery pull.
    - Registering on the network again.
    - Resending the service books.

All to no avail. My last thing to try is calling Verizon, but when I called they told me I need another phone so I can troubleshoot. I'm at work, so I can't easily do that. So, is there anything else I can try?

Note: I'm aware of the delay with IMAP, but I have given the BB more than enough time to attempt to fetch e-mails.
    06-20-08 08:25 AM
    Have you gone to the web client to see what emails you have registered? Not sure what carrier you are on, but AT&T is BlackBerry Internet Service.

I'd check there to see if you have it listed. Then look at your filters. Maybe you have a filter in place that's keeping the emails from being delivered. When you receive an email in your gmail account, is it showing up in your gmail in-box? Is it just not getting to your handset? Also, perhaps you can try installing the Gmail client directly to your BB - I know many people who do this. I don't, because I don't need the extras that come with that client, and I get all that I need just from the regular gmail inbox.
    06-20-08 08:30 AM
    Have you gone to the web client to see what emails you have registered? Not sure what carrier you are on, but AT&T is
    I'm with Verizon, and have confirmed the e-mail addresses are registered.

I'd check there to see if you have it listed. Then look at your filters. Maybe you have a filter in place that's keeping the emails from being delivered.
    No filters, I haven't even set up the sent items filter yet because of this problem.

When you receive an email in your gmail account, is it showing up in your gmail in-box? Is it just not getting to your handset?
    Exactly, this is my problem.

Also, perhaps you can try installing the Gmail client directly to your BB - I know many people who do this. I don't, because I don't need the extras that come with that client, and I get all that I need just from the regular gmail inbox.
    I don't either, and therefore I'd prefer getting it working this way.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    06-20-08 08:46 AM
    Delete the existing account you have in BIS, and create one using POP
    06-20-08 08:52 AM
    Very interesting - I've never had that happen to me before. Do you have any other pop accounts that are up and running?
    06-20-08 08:52 AM
    Delete the existing account you have in BIS, and create one using POP
    Excellent suggestion Ty - I have heard of folks having issues with IMAP. My gmail is set up through pop and it works just fine.
    06-20-08 08:54 AM
    Yes I have two accounts on POP, and there is no delay.
    06-20-08 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD