Hi everyone. I have a Curve 8900 for about 2 weeks now. It stopped receiving emails today. I re-sent service book and everything is up and running again. Here is my question.. can I possibly screw up my BB (like corrupting the files, etc) by re-sending service books? These forums have been incredibly helpful.. thanks so much!

Calvin
    05-09-09 07:35 PM
    Im no expert but I've had two bb's and I've done it before with no problems.
    05-09-09 07:44 PM
    its not a problem. You'd probably want to do it anytime you think something is acting strange. I send mine every other week or so just to make sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 08:33 PM
    Resending your service books will corrupt nothing and will not cause problems.

its not a problem. You'd probably want to do it anytime you think something is acting strange. I send mine every other week or so just to make sure.
    This may be a comfort to you but it is way unnecessary.
    05-09-09 08:42 PM
    It's supposed to fix the problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 08:56 PM
    But sometimes is just causes wackiness. A couple of weeks ago it seemed that resending service books changed calendar entries to switch from the email address they were associated with to a "device default" in which you could not get it to show on the home screen and you simply end up deleteing them and resyncing the data.
    05-10-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD