Does anybody know if it possible to change your PIN to something more personal?
    01-30-10 10:51 AM
    Consumer answer- no

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:52 AM
    No. The PIN is hard coded to the phone and is completely unalterable by the end user.
    01-30-10 11:09 AM
    I think amazinglygraceless is right.but if I install the system agian..?will it be changed?
    01-30-10 11:40 AM
    I think amazinglygraceless is right.but if I install the system agian..?will it be changed?
    No. The PIN is not affected by anything the end user does (i.e. upgrading the
    OS, wiping the device and reinstalling the OS, etc...)
    01-30-10 11:44 AM
    Simple Anwser: No

01-30-10 02:06 PM
    Does anybody know if it possible to change your PIN to something more personal?
    Basically like everyone stated here is no. Imagine the pin# its own personal serial number.

01-30-10 02:50 PM
    A PIN number is like the VIN number on a car. It can't be changed. If you change cars, you change VIN's. Same with a BB.

01-30-10 09:50 PM
    thanks for confirming what i already strongly suspected
    01-31-10 06:48 AM
    Can the PIN be changed or moved to another device?? Yes it can, but not by the regular user. It can be done, but from within, of which 98% of people don't have access to. So to answer your specific question, no you cannot do it, but it can be done.
    01-31-10 07:39 AM
    Can the PIN be changed or moved to another device?? Yes it can, but not by the regular user. It can be done, but from within, of which 98% of people don't have access to. So to answer your specific question, no you cannot do it, but it can be done.
    I left this whole part out to avoid possible phone "brickage".

The next (and inevitable) question would be how and I am
    not taking anyone down that road
    01-31-10 10:46 AM
    I left this whole part out to avoid possible phone "brickage".

The next (and inevitable) question would be how and I am
    not taking anyone down that road
    haha, I know my friend. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it could be done, but not by 98% of BlackBerry users out there. It can only happen unless you have access to RIM's internal network. )))
    01-31-10 11:49 AM
    no.cannot be done.
    01-31-10 11:59 AM
    Let's put it this way, yes it can be done but it's not smart to do so.

If you decide to change to a random PIN, RIM will detect it in their regular security sweep and disable it permanently. Changing the PIN is a really bad idea and RIM secures it very well.
    01-31-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD