i can not use Facebook application in blackberry 8520 its showing (you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application ,please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.)even i am connected with wifi network.thank you.
    03-15-12 01:39 AM
    You need an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan in order to use the Facebook application even over WiFi.
    03-15-12 07:14 AM
    Actually Facebook app does work with WiFi without a data plan now. It started with the last few official updates. I've used it via WiFi only several times now.

parakash12, do you have the latest FB version installed?
    03-15-12 10:23 PM
    Another way is to load Opera Mini web browser it has a facebook app loaded on its main page.you can also add other apps for quick access..
    And i also use Facebook over WIFI only i do not have data plan..
    03-16-12 03:05 PM
    You got to have the browser set up to work on WIFI you need to have Hotspot browser on for the WIFI to work. Any site you have looked at with the reg browser and book marked them using the reg data will not work unless you go in to options and change it to Hotspot browser. and your default needs to be set under browser config to hotspot browser to. I ran out of data two weeks ago and I am still using my internet at home to get online with my phone.
    03-16-12 08:15 PM
    GSThomas, that's a good solution for the browser but in this case, he wants to use the Facebook app itself.
    03-17-12 11:34 PM
    Actually, facebook application 2.0 onwards can be accessed using wifi ONLY even BIS is disabled.

Tho, with the latest version. I am experiencing problems too connecting facebook app through wifi with BIS off. Used to work before and I am certain about it. Mine is version 3.0.0.17 and will work for few minutes only after a battery pull.
    06-13-12 02:19 AM
    "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan."
    BUT I am already connected to our Wi-Fi!!!
    Grrrrrr... That's why I prefer my Samsung Galaxy S3 than my BB Torch 9810!
    Lots of problems with this phone. I am very disappointed!
    10-07-12 06:45 AM
    Why can not I connect with Facebook via Wi-Fi BlackBerry 9800 knowing that the device is connected to Wi-Fi and YouTube works Please, I want a solution
    10-01-13 12:55 PM
    "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan."
    01-09-15 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD