hey yall i was wondering is mail.com accounts able to be added to your blackberry? thanks for the help!
    02-25-08 06:30 PM
    Looks similar to Mail2World, so if it's a free account, I doubt it. but they offer a pay account that would probably work.The basic (free) account does not allow forwarding. Having said that - try it, see if it works.
    02-25-08 06:36 PM
    hmmm.... ok thanks for the quick responce
    02-25-08 06:38 PM
    I've had the same problem and fixed it for myself. Then, when my wife got a Blackberry, I had the same issue (mostly because I had forgotten what I had done the first time) then finally solved. So, here is what you do.

1. Go to your Mail.com account and pay the $30/yr for premium services. This will allow you to Pop the account without issue.

2. Then manually set up your email account b/c Mail.com does not allow you to automatically configure.

3. Follow the steps for manually configuring you email address. The important parts are the following:
    a) username = [yourhandle]:[domain.com]#mail.com (example: if your email is ben@email.com then your username would be ben:email.com#mail.com)
    b) mail server = smtp1.mail.com

This should be easy breezy if you follow these steps. In fact, I made sure to respond this time so that in case someone else I know gets a Blackberry, I can remember how to do this.... :-P

Enjoy and hit me back if you experience any issues.
    10-14-08 11:36 PM
    YOU ARE DA MAN! THanks i couldn't figure this out for the life of me and of course mail.com's support is pathetic as far as their urgency to reply.

thanks
    Dan
    07-31-09 11:14 AM
    okay...i fully understand how to add email but BIS keeps saying the username is invalid using [yourhandle]:[domain.com]#mail.com. Where do I go in the phone to set up manually as the only email setup options keep sending me to BIS. Thanks!
    10-19-09 04:37 PM
    Same problem here - says username is invalid. I have premium mail.com service, and actually use the same trick for POP and SMTP service with mail.com from my laptop, so I know it works, but my Blackberry (Storm with 5.0 software) won't let me enter it.
    11-12-09 08:32 AM
    EMAIL = whatever your addy is
    SERVER = imap.mail.com
    USER NAME = same as your email

This is the setting for POP

Worked for me !
    04-12-13 06:57 PM
    I have been struggling for 4 days to set up mail.com account on my BB9810...your solution worked like magic..thanks a lot
    08-09-13 12:14 AM