This might be a random question, or it may have already been asked before. If it is at a forum somewhere else already, I'm sorry about that.

So is there a way that I can use the Curve 8310 as a Bluetooth GPS receiver for a Curve 8320? I do not have a data plan for my Curve 8310 because it's AT&T and it's locked (I'll unlock it some other time) and my Curve 8320 is with T-Mobile. I'd really like to use AmazeGPS on my Curve 8320 with my Curve 8310 as my GPS receiver.

I linked them together through Bluetooth and I found that there's an option in BlackBerry maps to use the Curve 8310 as a GPS receiver but I don't even know if that would work.

Please tell me if that works. And if it doesn't, is there a way that I can hack the 8310 to make it work?

Thanks!
    08-28-09 01:09 AM
    It might work. I was pairing my Garmin Nuvi GPS receiver with my 8330 to use as a handsfree speakerphone. Since there is a bluetooth profile set up for my Nuvi in my 8330, there is the option to use the Nuvi as my GPS source as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 01:19 AM
    Why don't you just try it and tell everyone how it worked out instead of asking questions? Trying it would have taken a few minutes instead of waiting hours or days for forum responses.
    08-29-09 08:54 AM
    Easiest solution is if you unlock the 8310. You mentioned it yourself, so you know this. Have you tried calling AT&T to see if they will give you the unlock code free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD