with no data plan? i wanna know this so i wont get in some serious trouble :]

aim has a new feature called aim text where you receive your ims by text and you answer the same wayy..how could i find out

x0x0<3
    02-07-09 01:27 AM
    AOL Mobile services require a wireless data plan and standard text messaging charges from your wireless carrier AT&T will apply.
    02-07-09 06:06 AM
    I have my aim set up where if I'm not currently online from a computer. They will all be forwarded to my cell phone as regular sms (text messages) and I've never been charged before. But what I think you're talking about is texting someone from the computer. I've done so plenty of times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:50 AM
    what I think you're talking about is texting someone from the computer. I've done so plenty of times
    No, I think he's asking since he has no data plan, if he can get AIM Text where they send SMS to the device instead of an IM, since IMs require data, but SMS just uses text plans.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I would imagine that you could use AIM Text without data. They make AIM Text available to other phones for that reason (they don't have data). It would be a good alternative to buying a monthly data plan.
    02-07-09 10:58 AM
    Answered in the following thread... yes there is a aim app that uses messaging.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f116/un...n-i-do-139998/
    02-07-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD