When i plug in in my phone to pc and open desktop manager, it checks for application updates. And the first is see is the device platform update. If I click on that, will that update the OS? And not do this tutorial: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com ??
    04-07-14 11:18 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I don't like using DM to perform the OS updates. I would make a precautionary Backup with DM then close it.

Could you please clarify which device you have and what OS version is currently on it?
    Answer that and I'll give you a link to more current instructions.
    04-08-14 12:19 AM
    Just install BBSAK, get to BB's downloads site. Choose your model and carrier, download it.
    -Plug phone to PC
    -Let BBSAK detect it
    -Wipe it
    -Install the .exe file you've just downloaded.
    -It'll detect the phone and install new OS.
    this is the fun way, else
    -plug phone, let desktop manager detect it, update
    Its boring
    04-08-14 12:26 AM
    Just install BBSAK, get to BB's downloads site. Choose your model and carrier, download it.
    -Plug phone to PC
    -Let BBSAK detect it
    -Wipe it
    Its boring
    Like I said above, I don't like using DM either. I guess it is a little boring! LoL...

There is no need to perform a separate wipe unless you were having critical errors previously. Just using the Loader file to install the new OS onto device does a backup, wipes, loads new OS, and restores all by itself.

BBSAK would only be for wiping or also for backing up third party apps separately. In the OP's scenario it's not needed imo.
    04-08-14 12:43 AM
    Like I said above, I don't like using DM either. I guess it is a little boring! LoL...

There is no need to perform a separate wipe unless you were having critical errors previously. Just using the Loader file to install the new OS onto device does a backup, wipes, loads new OS, and restores all by itself.

BBSAK would only be for wiping or also for backing up third party apps separately. In the OP's scenario it's not needed imo.
    Yep, but maybe he'll like it. I have a 9220, and i have lost record of how many times i have flashed a new firmware on it.
    Desktop Manager is useless, and a heavy software. And runs slow and inefficiently.
    I use databackup by s4bb for all kinds of backup. Its probably the best software out there. Transferring contacts from BBOS to any other phone is a mess,unless you are on BIS
    04-08-14 12:49 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I don't like using DM to perform the OS updates. I would make a precautionary Backup with DM then close it.

Could you please clarify which device you have and what OS version is currently on it?
    Answer that and I'll give you a link to more current instructions.
    I use a bold 9930 and the current os is 7.1.0.167. Is that the latest os? Should I just stick with that os? Cause I want to improve battery life and my phone restarts when I use the camera flash.
    04-08-14 01:40 AM
    -Plug phone to PC
    -Let BBSAK detect it
    -Wipe it
    Its boring
    My problem here is that I don't know what os software to install! Its tricky. Cause in my country (philippines) there's no option for Bold 9930. Only 9900. And my carrier is also not exactly in the choice too (my carrier is kinda like a sister company of that major carrier)

So I don't wanna take risk. I might end up making my phone issue worse.
    04-08-14 01:43 AM
    My problem here is that I don't know what os software to install! Its tricky. Cause in my country (philippines) there's no option for Bold 9930. Only 9900. And my carrier is also not exactly in the choice too (my carrier is kinda like a sister company of that major carrier)

So I don't wanna take risk. I might end up making my phone issue worse.
    There's an OTA update support as well
    BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - Philippines
    Maybe that'll be hassle free for you.

If that doesn't work, let me know.
    I'm finding a link for manual updates/downloads
    04-08-14 02:38 AM
    Give me your carrier name, fast.
    04-08-14 02:40 AM
    There's an OTA update support as well
    BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - Philippines
    Maybe that'll be hassle free for you.

If that doesn't work, let me know.
    I'm finding a link for manual updates/downloads
    Thats what im looking for! An easy update with no computer required.

BUT. theres no "Software updates" option on the device section! Is this for os7? Is it because im not on bis/bes?

Give me your carrier name, fast.
    TM (touch mobile) a brand for the Globe carrier. So im not sure if i can go with the Globe carrier (but theyre just kinda the same)
    04-09-14 12:43 PM
    Ok I have a bis subscription now and the sofrware updae is showing! Problem is, its only on 0% and says i cant continue and just use the dekstop manager!
    Jeez whats the use of the wireless update then!
    04-10-14 03:11 AM
    Just use DM to update your OS. You can update via OTA if you have data

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:21 AM
    Just use DM to update your OS. You can update via OTA if you have data

Posted via CB10
    Well i do have data i subscribe to a bis thats why the icon finally showed up.
    Nah i dont know how do you even update via DM? i dont wanna do it manually
    04-10-14 04:27 AM
    Download the OS, then install it on your PC itself. Download vendelete+. click on it and a command prompt will appear. Then it'll ask for confirmation on deleting all the vendor files. Click "Y" for all, then close it. Then open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, your update will be shown there, so just update it.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-10-14 04:34 AM
    04-10-14 04:39 AM
    Thats for a different carrier?
    04-10-14 04:43 AM
    Thats for a different carrier?
    That's alright, there's no carrier specific os for BlackBerry, it's just some carriers release some OS versions sooner than others. Download it and install it, then delete vendor.xml files using vendelete+. The update will show up on BlackBerry Desktop Manager then. Remove any previously installed BlackBerry OS before doing this.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:17 AM
    Since you are in Philippines, did you subscribe to the Php 299 or the Php999. You can have BlackBerry icon even if you subscribed to Php 299, either social or email, but you can't browse on the internet as far as my experience before. If you subscribe the unlisurf (not sure how you call it) then you must have data and can perform OTA update.

Well, if you have internet access on your computer, just open the DM and plug your device. Click update software or DM will detect if there is available update on your network, then it will prompt you to install.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:26 AM
    Since you are in Philippines, did you subscribe to the Php 299 or the Php999. You can have BlackBerry icon even if you subscribed to Php 299, either social or email, but you can't browse on the internet as far as my experience before. If you subscribe the unlisurf (not sure how you call it) then you must have data and can perform OTA update.

Well, if you have internet access on your computer, just open the DM and plug your device. Click update software or DM will detect if there is available update on your network, then it will prompt you to install.

Posted via CB10
    Im only on prepaid plan and registered to a one day BIS promo. So I can do everything without wifi except for bes email.

Thats my question! If i can update it just easily on DM just by plugging in my phone and opening up DM and click update device platform and THATS IT. No downloading software on swdownloads.blackberry.com. Or what jevinzac said.
    04-10-14 05:42 AM
    Im only on prepaid plan and registered to a one day BIS promo. So I can do everything without wifi except for bes email.

Thats my question! If i can update it just easily on DM just by plugging in my phone and opening up DM and click update device platform and THATS IT. No downloading software on swdownloads.blackberry.com. Or what jevinzac said.
    That will happen if only your carrier released it for that model of BlackBerry, I advice you to install the latest OS, it's easy to do it and not as complicated as it looks to be!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:59 AM
    That will happen if only your carrier released it for that model of BlackBerry, I advice you to install the latest OS, it's easy to do it and not as complicated as it looks to be!

Posted via CB10
    I actualyl already tried updating os before on my 8520 and it was really easy. But i didnt care about the risk cause its already an old phone and i hated it. But i dont know ive read some comments that they bricked their phone updating it.
    Any advantage if i update it?
    04-10-14 06:24 AM
    I actualyl already tried updating os before on my 8520 and it was really easy. But i didnt care about the risk cause its already an old phone and i hated it. But i dont know ive read some comments that they bricked their phone updating it.
    Any advantage if i update it?
    Nop you cannot brick your phone by updating like that. If your phone battery is drained, then only the phone is soft bricked, that means you can again install the OS using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. That is the only possibility.
    Yes there are a lot of advantages, the phones performance i.e. the speed can increase, better battery life and bug fixes.
    So there is literally no risk of updating it this way!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:39 AM
    Nop you cannot brick your phone by updating like that. If your phone battery is drained, then only the phone is soft bricked, that means you can again install the OS using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. That is the only possibility.
    Yes there are a lot of advantages, the phones performance i.e. the speed can increase, better battery life and bug fixes.
    So there is literally no risk of updating it this way!

Posted via CB10
    Just in case i dont like the update, how can i revert back to the original os?
    04-10-14 06:52 AM
    Just in case i dont like the update, how can i revert back to the original os?
    Download and install the OS u like, and don't forget to uninstall the previous OS from your PX. then download BBSAK,and wipe your device using it. Then again open your BlackBerry Desktop Manager and it should detect your installed updated and do the rest for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:55 AM
    Download and install the OS u like, and don't forget to uninstall the previous OS from your PX. then download BBSAK,and wipe your device using it. Then again open your BlackBerry Desktop Manager and it should detect your installed updated and do the rest for you.

Posted via CB10
    Is it better to use BBSAK? SInce theres no tutorial for that. Im gonna try it and HOPE that it will not brick my phone
    04-10-14 07:06 AM
30 12