Hi,
    I am now using an AIRTEL prepaid connection in my country (India), I configured my two Gmails & one Hotmail in Airtel BIS (airtel.blackberry.com). Its working fine.

Now I decided to shift to Vodafone India prepaid.

I have the following questions:

1. So, after shifting to Vodafone IN & taking the BIS services in Vodafone can I receive my Emails?

2. or again I have to configure the mails in hutch.blackberry.com (Vodafone IN BIS services link)?

3. or its better to remove my mail accounts in airtel.blackberry.com before I shifting?

4. Can I do a Security wipe before placing the Vodafone IN simcard? Will this be an added advantage?

Please help me out.

Thanks..!!!
    Last edited by karumudi7; 05-30-11 at 08:55 AM.
    05-30-11 08:53 AM
    You will need to reconfigure your email addresses on the new BIS. They won't transfer from the old BIS.
    05-30-11 09:20 AM
    You will also need to have your device unlocked...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 12:30 PM
    You will also need to have your device unlocked...
    My device was already Unlocked from Verizon and was using it in
    AIRTEL (INDIA) n/w now again shifting to Vodafone IN (INDIA)
    05-30-11 01:15 PM
    You will need to reconfigure your email addresses on the new BIS. They won't transfer from the old BIS.
    What about the Email Icons now I have on my device? Presently I disconnected BIS in AIRTEL so I am unable to login into Airtel BIS link to remove the Email Accounts.

After I shifted to Vodafone & configuring the Mail accounts in Vodafone BIS services will I receive the mails into same existing icons or they will create new icons? If they create new icons how can I remove the old icons?
    05-30-11 01:19 PM
    They probably will go away when you send the Service Books from the new carrier. But if they don't go away, just manually delete the Service Books for each email address.

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Look for the email address followed by [CMIME] (which is the email) and [CICAL] (which is the calendar for that email address.
    05-30-11 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD