Hello,

I recently switched from a BB9810 to an iPhone 5. I do have one question though. Is it possible to use the 9810 just to retrieve email over wifi? I have it just sitting around and if my iPhone is charging or syncing or whatever is it possible? Is there some settings i have to change because right now with a deactivated sim, or no sim at all it wont grab the email. I would truly appreciate any help at all with this.

Thanx Much,
    R.
    01-08-13 11:40 AM
    You need an active BIS or BES plan in order to get email or bbm. The only things that will work over wifi is the browser, social apps, app world.

If I helped you please hit the "like" or "thanks" button
    01-08-13 05:43 PM
    You can use email but it would have to be through the browser on wifi and there would be no push tech

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 06:20 PM
    You would have to go to the email website. Messages would not come to the phone's message inbox on wifi unless you are using the NOC.
    01-08-13 07:00 PM
    I will check my BB9100 tonight. Maybe start using it for a week or so, but right now, it doesn't have a sim card.
    01-08-13 07:58 PM
    You can use email but it would have to be through the browser on wifi and there would be no push tech

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    You would have to go to the email website. Messages would not come to the phone's message inbox on wifi unless you are using the NOC.
    These are both correct. I had to sign in to my Yahoo account to read my emails on Wi-Fi. No push email to the phone. I can also use the browser to use Internet.
    01-08-13 09:47 PM