HI, I have to port a number form one US carrier to ATT, but, the end user is in Canada, Will I be able to port or does he need to be in the US? Will I be able to activate him on the BES?
    Thanks
    11-10-11 09:03 PM
    You'll have to ring up rogers (i assume your porting to) or whoever you are porting the number too. I believe they should be able to do it. Cause i know over here in Australia you can port between New Zealand and Australia.
    11-10-11 09:24 PM
    Thanks, but I'm porting from one US carrier to another for someone at work. He just happens to be in Canada for the rest of the year..
    11-10-11 09:35 PM
    so are you wishing to port to a canada provider? to whichever company you are porting the number too you will need to call them, but if he is in the US i believe he will cop international fees over there?
    11-10-11 09:45 PM
    No, both carriers are US. The person just happens to be on assignment in Canada while the company is changing carriers
    11-10-11 10:17 PM
    You should contact with a Canadian carrier to provide the service in Canada
    11-10-11 11:19 PM
    You people are completely missing what the OP is asking. And your comments are completely not relevant.

To the OP, most likely the device will need to be in the US in order to be activated on the new carrier network. But you should specifically ask the carrier that question. Is it possible for the user to mail/FedEx the device back to you and then you send it back?
    phonelady46 likes this.
    11-11-11 05:25 AM
    Hi, I was looking for the answer last night so I could advise the end user. Called ATT this AM and the answer is yes. They recommended that the end user just leave both phones turned off until the port completes.
    11-11-11 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD