Newbie here. I have a Curve(got it in Dec) and I just got my wife a Pearl(VZWireless). My question is can I manage both of these BB's from my Desktop Manager on my PC? For example can I backup both of these phones to my PC? Or do I need to install Desktop manager on a differnet PC to manage my wife's Pearl?
    Thanks.

Bill
    01-22-09 09:12 AM
    I also have a Pearl and my Husband has a curve. We use one computer for both phones seems to work okay. No trouble so far.
    Welcome to CrackBerry! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 02:03 PM
    I do the same with a Curve and a Pearl. DM will recognize which is which based on the pin # and then display it down in the left hand corner of the opening screen, in DM. So you know DM is seeing the right phone, that's how it's worked for me.
    02-11-09 10:40 AM
    I run 2 Curves and a Pearl thru the same DM. You'll be fine.

02-11-09 11:19 AM
    This threads makes me feel comfortable to also manage a Pearl (flip) and a Curve. However - what if I want to upgrade one device to a different OS? How does DM manage two different OS or different apps? Won't it want to apply whatever is loaded into apploader on BOTH devices??

Just wondering how that will work...
    02-21-09 07:58 AM
    We have 4 berries. The curve and bold are good on the 4.6. The pearls aren't. You just have to see how the phones work on an upgrade. Depends on the platform it seems.

02-21-09 08:07 AM
    Thanks Chicklet -

Let me rephrase my question:

If I am managing 2 different BBs on my PC (aka using the same Desktop Manager) - if I load a different OS on one device, how do I NOT load that OS on the other device the next time that other device is connected?

I thought when you install an application (or OS) into Desktop Manager (via Apploader), the next time you connect your device it will load. How do I manage doing this for only one of the devices and not the other?

Using the same desktop manager, I would like to install a new OS on only ONE of the devices, and leave the other one alone.

Thanks much
    02-21-09 09:06 PM
    I have used the same DM on the curve and the storm. The DM knows what phone you plug into your comp. Its smart like that.

03-05-09 11:12 AM
    also, it doesn't automatically just start loading your phone with whatever. It'll ask you first if you want to load the new OS or program. Just Say NO!

04-07-09 06:44 AM
    Thanks Chicklet -

Let me rephrase my question:

If I am managing 2 different BBs on my PC (aka using the same Desktop Manager) - if I load a different OS on one device, how do I NOT load that OS on the other device the next time that other device is connected?

I thought when you install an application (or OS) into Desktop Manager (via Apploader), the next time you connect your device it will load. How do I manage doing this for only one of the devices and not the other?

Using the same desktop manager, I would like to install a new OS on only ONE of the devices, and leave the other one alone.

Thanks much
    It's no problem at all. Just set the Blackberry Desktop Software not to update automatically. Then.. each time you connect your device, no upgrade will be applied.
    Using one Blackberry Desktop Software, all your device can be managed in one PC. It knows each your device through the PIN#. Basically, the software loads the information from your device first. So then it knows each device. It is same like multiple user in your Windows OS. Every user can personalize their account.
    HOPE it will help.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    06-05-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD