I've never used bluetooth or any MP3 player, but I've started riding my bike regularly, and would like to listen to some songs. I would like something that is only in one ear, and with no cords. Can the Blueant Z9I play mp3 audio, or is it only for talking on the phone? Thanks for any help!
    06-05-08 07:14 PM
    There's a review of it on this site that would probably tell you that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 12:20 AM
    There's a review of it on this site that would probably tell you that.

I read the review, and also searched all over the net, but never found anywhere if it could output music or not.
    06-06-08 06:20 AM
    No you cannot with the Z9i. If you want to listen to music on a BlueAnt, you need to get the X5. I think there is a headset that can do A2DP with only one earphone but the name escapes me right now. Maybe someone else can chime in. For the most part though, stereo usually means two speakers as opposed to mono which is one. The closest thing I can think of to what you're looking for is the Plantronics Voyager 855. You can use it as a regular BT headset but when you want to listen to music, you just plug in the included second earbud and earhook and you're good to go.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-06-08 08:09 AM
    The Jabra BT8040 will send audio other than the phone to one ear piece. I bought it, used it for a day or so, and returned it just because I couldn't hear it very well. (but I can't hear well!)
    06-17-08 10:21 PM
    How about the Plantronics 665. I am not sure if it's wireless but I have the same desire/requirement in riding a bike and running. I'd like to just carry the phone and listen to music and be able to answer the phone too. Don't want the damn wires flipping off the earphone everytime I snag the cord.
    06-20-08 11:55 PM
    I use the Jabra 8040 and it works great for me.

06-21-08 12:43 AM
    I use the Jabra 8040 and it works great for me.

I also bought the Jabra 8040. It is perfect. I ride for about two hours, and my ear doesn't hurt at all when I'm done. I ride mountain trails, and it hasn't fallen out once in about 500 miles.
    06-21-08 07:56 AM
    I also bought the Jabra 8040. It is perfect. I ride for about two hours, and my ear doesn't hurt at all when I'm done. I ride mountain trails, and it hasn't fallen out once in about 500 miles.
    Not a bad price either. Where the jabra website has it for $99, Frys.com electronics here has it for $79. Shop around.
    06-21-08 08:08 AM
    Got mine for $12 on ebay (open box). Could not be happier right now. Shop around. Can find them on ebay for around $25-30 shipped.
    10-27-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD