Hello all-
    I tried to do a search for this but couldn't come up with much. In July I got a Pearl from ATT which has been great and I got it because of its small size. However, I've used it so much more than I thought I would and sometimes I wish I had a Curve or something to have a larger keyboard. If I buy a used curve for ATT from ebay is there anyway to switch my SIM card between the two when I want to?

Thanks for your help!

-J
    11-03-07 03:51 PM
    Absolutely. The device will need to be either At&t branded or unlocked though.
    11-03-07 03:58 PM
    Sure you can, I switch between a Pearl and a 8300 and now a new 8310 all the time, works great!
    11-04-07 08:31 AM
    Can you do this with Verizon, or do you need a sim card? If you have a sim card is your PIN on the sim or BB?
    11-04-07 06:15 PM
    Can you do this with Verizon, or do you need a sim card? If you have a sim card is your PIN on the sim or BB?
    Pin is tied to BlackBerry not the PIN.

To switch devices like this you need a gsm carrier. Verizon doesn't use sim cards so switching devices is a little harder. (You have to go online/call cs and enter the imei number of the device you want your plan on.)
    11-04-07 06:29 PM
    When you switch between phones, you can't take your PIN with you, right? I'm thinking that the PIN is unique to the device and not the account... please correct me if I'm wrong.
    11-05-07 01:24 PM
    The PIN is unique to the Blackberry device itself, Not the SIM card. The SIM doesn't see nor care.
    11-05-07 01:43 PM
    Just as I tought. Thanks.

That has to suck when you upgrade and have to redo all of your BB Messenger contacts.
    11-05-07 02:29 PM
    Actually if your on a BES then everything carries over when you activate your new device on the BES, I've done it 3 times in the last month or so and I haven't had to do anything except re-register some programs.
    11-05-07 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD