Due to problems I was having with my yahoomail, I decided to change my BB ID to gmail. And without going thru the instructions, I deleted the BBID with the confirmation email and subsequently created another one with gmail on BB website. I forgot to turn off blackberry protect then wiped the phone. Now trying to set up the device and it seems its still linked to the deleted ID so I recreated another ID with the old email and username but still the same thing. What do I do now, please help
    04-03-16 06:00 AM
    Due to problems I was having with my yahoomail, I decided to change my BB ID to gmail. And without going thru the instructions, I deleted the BBID with the confirmation email and subsequently created another one with gmail on BB website. I forgot to turn off blackberry protect then wiped the phone. Now trying to set up the device and it seems its still linked to the deleted ID so I recreated another ID with the old email and username but still the same thing. What do I do now, please help
    Your device is still associated with your old BBid.

You need to login to BlackBerry. Protect with original yahoo email BBID and password and remove phone from the device list.
    If you have forgotten your original password try the link below to reset it. You will need to access your original Yahoo mail account.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/
    once you deleted the old BBID, all the files associated with it are gone. You will not be able to load your backup or download the apps you purchased at BBW.

Now you said you can't setup a new gmail account? use the new email. not the old one.
    AM i reading this right? you just cant set up a gmail account, right?
    04-03-16 06:46 AM
    Your device is still associated with your old BBid.

You need to login to BlackBerry. Protect with original yahoo email BBID and password and remove phone from the device list.
    If you have forgotten your original password try the link below to reset it. You will need to access your original Yahoo mail account.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/
    04-03-16 08:54 AM
    Hi dears,
    my friend has a similar problem.
    He made a huge mistake. He deleted the BBID from computer and his Classic is still connected to that BBID.
    He tried to get a new password (from computer) but the BBIS has expired
    How can he do?

We have created a new BBID with the same email of the deleted one and it works on computer.
    On Classic it doesn't work.
    We try to log in to the new BBID (same name of the old one) but it doesn't work.
    We change the BBID password from mobile (it asks us the recovery question we have set on the new BBID, so it reads the new BBID data).
    The new password works on PC but it does not on mobile.
    It si very strange......
    Last edited by sviciani; 04-05-16 at 10:14 AM.
    04-05-16 09:09 AM
    Not sure which version of the OS you are using, but now when you try to wipe the phone from the security settings in the phone, it prompts for your blackberryID password to disable protect before the delete.

Once you delete a BlackberryID from the BlackBerry servers, creating one with the same email, does not recreate the same BlackberryID. The email is just part of the BlackBerryID. It would have a unique account number that we don't see in the BlackBerry servers. We are using our emails to log into that account.

In the case of a phone locked to a BlackBerryID that you cannot access anymore, the only solution is to contact BlackBerry to get it corrected. I assume you would need to provide the original proof of purchase for the phone, or if purchased or supplied by your carrier, have your carrier see if they can get BlackBerry to unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 06:27 PM
    I finally fixed this. I found out that it was only the Devalpha B autoloader of 10.3.1.997 that could downgrade the OS so after setting up the device in its developer state, I upgraded it back to 10.3.2.2876 and it accepted the new Gmail ID. The only downside was I lost all available backup and had to start from scratch. Most painfully was my paid BB10 apps

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NnaemekaNNN; 06-03-16 at 06:19 PM.
    04-10-16 12:19 PM
    Hi, I am facing the exact same issue wherein I have swiped my BB Q10 but forgot to turn off the BB protect. Can you please explain in detail how did you eventually resolve this issue? Right now the solution is not making sense
    06-03-16 05:23 PM
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...mpNdzBoTDVoUjA download the autoloader, extract it with Winrar, execute it on the phone, set it up with the BlackBerry ID you want to use then download the appropriate autoloader for the Q10 variant https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/2466747 to take it back to 10.3.2... And never mess with the ID again. You might want to backup with BlackBerry Link before you do all these but the backup won't work if you intend on setting up the device with a different ID than what it has now

From my Awesome Z10
    06-03-16 06:49 PM
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...mpNdzBoTDVoUjA download the autoloader, extract it with Winrar, execute it on the phone, set it up with the BlackBerry ID you want to use then download the appropriate autoloader for the Q10 variant https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/2466747 to take it back to 10.3.2... And never mess with the ID again. You might want to backup with BlackBerry Link before you do all these but the backup won't work if you intend on setting up the device with a different ID than what it has now

From my Awesome Z10
    Hey...I was able to revert back to version 10.3.1 and sign in with the new blackberry ID. However, when I run an autoloader to bring it back to version 10.3.2 it says antitheft is on. So I can't seem to be able to make it work.

I guess I will need to contact Blackberry support. I had a Q5 that I had unlocked to give to my aunt. Upon switching blackberry ID it asked for my old ID's password which I entered successfully. The only problem is that the ID I entered for my aunt was mistakenly entered using .ca rather than .com. It just so happens that this BBID is an existing one but not ours. What I found weird is that I was not asked to enter the password of the BBID to which I wanted to switch. Now I am stuck..
    06-05-16 03:00 PM
    Wipe and reload again!?

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Lacker20 likes this.
    06-05-16 04:54 PM
    Turn off anti theft and try reloading again

From my Awesome Z10
    06-06-16 01:19 PM
    It will tell you anti theft is on, but still go on and input the ID you want to use and let it be the one you used in 10.3.1

From my Awesome Z10
    06-06-16 01:21 PM