I always wanted a blackberry phone, but my needs as a student were towards multimedia and games. Now i need a business phone with good organization of my mails, social notifications and fluid execute of tasks. Safety of course.

My obvious choice is BB Passport, but I saw rumors about Vienna, so do you suggest to wait until this rumors come true, or until we finally have some evidence. I really like the concept of Vienna and this mixed up thing of android and BBOS sounds it could be something really special.

Thank you in advance guys.
    P.S. I am android user, now I have note 4 but a blackberry is a must IMO. i hope BB will survive this rocky period.
    03-03-16 06:46 AM
    Well, if you want a TRUE blackberry experience, you have to choose a BB10 device, of course. Passport is the excellent choice, though you could also pick Z30, Classic, Q10, or Leap--heck, even Z3, for that matter. Those will satisfy your needs in terms of good organization of mails, social notifications and fluid execute of tasks--including multitasking, just as you said. You can use them for games and multimedia as well, of course, but not too much on games, I'm afraid.

Priv and Vienna, at the moment, cannot yet offer the above experience perfectly--if at all, especially with regards to the hub and fluidity. But they are perfect if you love your many apps and whatnot.

It's up to you.
    03-03-16 07:19 AM
    Thank You for Your time. I am just afraid of BB10 because they moved with their PRIV to android so I think they will not continue to devolop apps and other things, so I am a bit skeptical, if You know what i mean.
    03-03-16 07:28 AM
    I think the Priv is a safer bet going forward. The BB10 app ecosystem is drying up fast. BB10 is a sold messaging platform, no doubt - but its capabilities going forward will not play to much beyond that. It's tough to recommend a product that has essentially gone into maintenance mode.
    marshalayy likes this.
    03-03-16 07:31 AM
    And you have a very good reason to be skeptical.

But you know what? All of the functionalities that you asked earlier are the core soul of all blackberry devices and will not cease or crippled, even should Blackberry stops developing it. I mean, look at BBOS and Playbook--even after years of EOL and no support, there are many people still using and find them useful for their business. They can still access the BlackBerry store and get apps, albeit (severely) limited, but the core functionalities of security, good organization of mails, social notifications, fluid execution of tasks, productivity and multitasking--they are all still there, and will remain so. If these are more important to you than having the latest and greatest apps, I think there's no reason for you to not getting it.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-03-16 at 10:46 AM.
    03-03-16 07:40 AM
    Thank you people. In my country (Montenegro) it is very hard to find blackberry devices. I will follow the situation for a while and see what happens.
    03-03-16 10:33 AM
    Definitely the Passport!! Best phone, organizational tool I've ever used. Battery, keyboard and screen are amazing. I don't use it for gaming but rather as a professional communications tool.

Robertino  Passport
    03-03-16 10:44 AM
    I always wanted a blackberry phone, but my needs as a student were towards multimedia and games. Now i need a business phone with good organization of my mails, social notifications and fluid execute of tasks.
    This is going to be the issue going forward. Social apps like what's app, Facebook and Twit will not be supported because of the older ART that is now used with OS10. Yes some developers like Nemory try as best as they can to support those apps but really, how can one man be a do all for OS10 and keep things relevant? No I think Conite is right, Android OS is you best alternative going forward.
    03-03-16 10:56 AM
    Forget about BlackBerry. It is doomed under JC. Use your money elsewhere. After 21 years, I moved to windows and I am learning my Lumia. 950 XL step by step

Posted via CB30
    03-03-16 11:57 AM
    Forget about BlackBerry. It is doomed under JC. Use your money elsewhere. After 21 years, I moved to windows and I am learning my Lumia. 950 XL step by step

Posted via CB30
    Didn't you get the memo? Windows phone is also doomed. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:09 PM