I am looking into getting the curve. i have only owned the 8700 series. is there a big difference? anyway, i will not be getting the bb service with it, but since it has WIFI, does that mean i can download apps using that connection? can i use BB browser with the wifi connection?

I am trying to decide between the curve or the samsung behold...

Thanks all
    Derek
    03-26-09 11:58 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong here but, isnt unicel now verizon wireless? If so you the curve that works on cdma networks is an 8330. It is not a wifi enabled device. The 8320 and 8900 curves are wifi but they run gsm networks.
    Anyways, to answer your question. Providing that you actually can and get a wifi curve, you can browse the net for free with it. Yes you can download some apps but if the apps you download require a data plan you wont be able to install them. Things like yahoo, aim, msn require the service books from a full data plan.
    03-26-09 01:47 PM
    hi, yeah, i am with unicel, and as of May 17th it will be verizon, but i do not like verizon and they gave me the option to leave within 30 days so i am going to. i am thinking of going to tmobile, and i cant decide between the curve and the samsung behold...

thanks for the info~
    03-26-09 03:50 PM
    Ok that explains it. If you look in here you can see some apps that work or dont work. http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/bla...se-wifi-29376/ hope this helps.
    03-26-09 04:56 PM
    You won't get the BlackBerry Browser without a BlackBerry Data Plan.

You MUST use the BlackBerry Browser to download and intsall OTA apps.

Thus, you cannot download apps via WiFi.

You can however install apps via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if the apps have that option.
    03-26-09 05:44 PM
    Sorry but when I first read your subject I thought it said (or I read):

"Can I download BB 3rd party apps using WIFEY?"

And I chuckled!
    03-26-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD