I have a company issued 8703E but that is not important. My wife needs a blackberry and she has the unplan from Suncom (soon to be TMobile). We love the plan as all our calls are free since she only calls in the suncom region. TMobile has informed us that we can keep that plan when the deal is approved. We have found some good prices on some unlocked Curves and wonder if it is as easy as popping in her SIM card and power up?
    She will need to have access to about 5 email addresses so I assume she can set them up online?
    I do not want to go this route if we are going to get hit with fees for data or features on the Curve that are not available.
    Thanks up front
    Peace. Love and pine needles.
    01-08-08 09:45 AM
    She will very definitely need a BB Data Plan from TMo or whoever her carrier is/will be. With TMo, that will cost $19.99 for the unlimited BB Data Plan.
    01-08-08 09:53 AM
    Thanks and that was what I thought. We may just wait until the TMobile deal is done and see what sort of prices on BB's that they may offer. Or I may just wait and see what the 9000 looks like.
    so many decisions and so little brain

Peace, Love and file folders
    01-08-08 10:03 AM
    That's a real good value,tmo has the best pricing for unlimited bb data plans so it will be worth the doe,trust us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-08 10:04 AM
    Yo man, I just did what you are asking about. I have suncom and they are selling out to Tmobile. well I got the 8300 I got it from my carrier i use when im home "DIGICEL" in the cayman islands i brught the phone here a month ago . and got it unlocked. NO there's no extra fee's the unplan and 15.00$ for BIS is what you'll need and you can set up your personal emails when the service books are sent.. easy as 1,2,3 order an unlocked curve and setup a BIS account call suncom 611 then goto suncom.blackberry.com then setup a new account when u got the plan on ur account. then good to go

any info you can email me
    01-08-08 06:14 PM
    That's a real good value,tmo has the best pricing for unlimited bb data plans so it will be worth the doe,trust us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Suncom charges 15 unlimited which is good cause when they get bought out. tmobile will have to sacrifise letting me keep my original plan + same price for the BB plan
    Last edited by JoshBerryCurve; 01-08-08 at 06:16 PM. Reason: ani lo fryer
    01-08-08 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD