Hi,

I have search but could not find an answer, I am looking for help on organizing email, currently I only have one Gmail (BIS) account folder on the handset which is all business use. i have SMS & email set to separate folders.

I'm getting really confused with the amount of emails in my folder, trying to find emails, duplicate emails from ones i have responded too, ones where i just give a glance but need to review when i have more time etc.

can i add sub-folders within my email folder? e.g sent, temp, to action,etc.

also when i save an email at the moment they all get put together in the saved messages folder along with saved SMS texts, how do i or how can i select the locations where individual emails are saved?

If the answer is not possible, are there any apps that would do the job?

thanks in advance
    04-20-09 06:26 PM
    As far as I know, only BES fully supports folder structures. However, there are some things that might make it easier for you. Try some of these:
    In message list -
    � MenuKey > View Folder. This will expose a number of folders like Sent, InBox, Phone, SMS, and others.
    � MenuKey > Options > General Options can separate sent messages and SMS (which you've already done according to your post)
    � Alt+O = Outgoing
    � Alt+I = Incoming
    � Alt+P = Phone
    � Alt+S = SMS
    � C = compose new
    � R = reply
    � L = ReplyAll
    � F = forward

Hope some of these might help a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 07:19 PM
    Are you receiving ALL emails from ALL your email accounts ? If you are, you can greatly improve your email experience by limiting email to your phone via filters on your carrier's server. Ask them for help. Then you can always either navigate to your email with your browser to get the complete picture when you have enough time or get bored or wait and use your PC.

Doctor Neutron
    04-20-09 09:43 PM
    As far as I know, only BES fully supports folder structures. However, there are some things that might make it easier for you. Try some of these:
    In message list -
    � MenuKey > View Folder. This will expose a number of folders like Sent, InBox, Phone, SMS, and others.
    � MenuKey > Options > General Options can separate sent messages and SMS (which you've already done according to your post)
    � Alt+O = Outgoing
    � Alt+I = Incoming
    � Alt+P = Phone
    � Alt+S = SMS
    � C = compose new
    � R = reply
    � L = ReplyAll
    � F = forward

Hope some of these might help a bit.

Thanks for these, i keep learning something everyday.

Are you receiving ALL emails from ALL your email accounts ? If you are, you can greatly improve your email experience by limiting email to your phone via filters on your carrier's server. Ask them for help. Then you can always either navigate to your email with your browser to get the complete picture when you have enough time or get bored or wait and use your PC.

Doctor Neutron
    I only have the one gmail account which i only use for business & crackberry, so filters won't help much.

Guess i will just need to adapt to using a mobile email device, little dissapointed that Blackberry who is supposed to be the leading device for mobile email doesn't allow me to organise my mail as i would of liked.

thanks for your prompt reply's.
    04-22-09 01:12 PM
    I miss this about wm.

I had sub folders for all gmail accounts and on the device I could move emails to the "virtual" folders. Although they would no longer show up on the device, they would be in the proper folder in my gmail account on the desktop.
    04-30-09 07:22 AM
    If I remember correctly, Subfolders is something that is coming to BIS in 5.0 (maybe it was just better support for BES, though).
    04-30-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks Xopher
    04-30-09 10:04 AM
    How about using the Gmail app for the BlackBerry?

04-30-09 07:36 PM
    I saw this on Handango.com ----it looks like you can create folders and then some. Maybe it will work for you. Let me know---I'm curious about the product.

e-Mobile Email

Brief description below:
    Next generation email management for Blackberry with Microsoft Outlook like Inbox, Outbox, Folder, Template, email preview pane and new email preview notification.
    04-30-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD