My wife and I want to take our Telus BB (8130 and 8350i) to disneyland next week. We were wondering if there is anything we can do to reduce/avoid any data or voice roaming charges.

We will mainly use our BB for emails and BB messenger between our 2 BBs

All help suggestions are appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 11:30 AM
    First, you need to find out if your data services are covered out of your network. If not, then unfortunately you will need to turn off your BB service. If you don't, I know some cell comp. charge up to 2 cents per KB for data usage. This will add up quickly.

In order to turn off your data services you need to go to options, and under mobile network data services can be turned off there.

BTW, if you turn them on when you are out of the area just to check your email it will charge for everything that you receive at once even if the email is not opened, so under no circumstances should you turn it on if you are not covered.
    05-02-09 02:20 PM
    thanx alot will look into it.
    05-02-09 03:25 PM
    I went to Mexico in january, turned service off for the first few days, but then I couldn't resist anymore. I used it VERY sparingly, but still got billed almost $100.00 for roaming/data. Be careful.

Unless you want to call telus and upgrade your data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD