Hi there,

You might be surprised but that what i am thinking. I bought a bold from ebay and of course i didnt know that you have to have a bb data plan to be able to use BIS. I will be using my BB in my home country. I dont really want their bb data plan. It allows you only 20MB monthly for 30 GBP with no free minutes or texts. It is so low. Now i am in the UK and i want to use my friends sim card to activate the bb email service on my bb. Is that possible. The way i am planning to do it is:

Borrow my friends sim card for 5 minutes, insert it into my BB. Get bb device registered and email activated. Insert my sim card and hopefully the email will still work.

I have some believes this wont work but i am asking whether someone knows about it. Can it affect my friends sim card or his plan?

I really appreciate any help here.
    thanks
    08-28-09 07:55 PM
    "Help me steal BIS service" to sum up. No it does not work like that for to many reasons to list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:13 PM
    no go be a citizen and purchase the bis services
    08-28-09 08:33 PM
    here in the UK

you can have unlimited BIS for 35 GBP and lots of minutes and texts. Back home, 20MB for 30 GBP where the standard of living is much lower than UK. That is a steal and monopoly. when you exceed the 20MB limit, each MB is charged 1 GBP. I could end up paying 100 GBP each month for just email. Probably you should think why it is not that much of a steal.

Anyway, thanks for your answers.
    Last edited by khalifaw; 08-29-09 at 04:14 AM.
    08-29-09 04:12 AM
    The other problem is you would have to unassociate your friend's BB from his BIS account. As soon as he adds his back, your phone is gone. One phone per BIS account.
    08-29-09 06:01 AM
    You can only have one phone per BIS account. Essentially you would have to kick your friend off his own BIS account for the duration that you would want to use it.
    08-29-09 06:02 AM
    Asked, answered and done.
    08-29-09 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD