Microsoft has already given up on Windows 10 mobile . They will fire sell the remaining MS phones and Windows 10 mobile will go the way of RT. If HP and other small mobile companies want to continue with Windows 10 Mobile MS will let them, but MS is done with Mobile.

MS has already written off the Nokia purchase and now is letting go their remaining mobile employees. Balmer' push into the mobile world will probably wind up costing MS well north of 10 billion dollars. After spending millions in marketing and billions in development their market share has grown from 3.5% to less than 1%.
    I'm hoping that specialized (gimped) mobile OSes will disappear in the next 3-5 years as hardware advances make "real" computing possible on a handset. Perhaps Microsoft has given up on Windows Mobile because they can see that real Windows will be feasible on a handset within the next two generations of mobile phones. An Intel Atom x86 phone would be a category killer. One device to rule them all, whether Windows, MacOS, or Linux.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 05:51 PM
    I am not App crazy, but even so, I'm getting ready to jump to a Priv or DTek because it is pretty handy to have some of them. Love BB10, but I'm tired of making excuses for it. Anyone wanna buy a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 06:08 PM
    I am not App crazy, but even so, I'm getting ready to jump to a Priv or DTek because it is pretty handy to have some of them. Love BB10, but I'm tired of making excuses for it. Anyone wanna buy a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1076665

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-05-16 01:52 PM
    I'm hoping that specialized (gimped) mobile OSes will disappear in the next 3-5 years as hardware advances make "real" computing possible on a handset. Perhaps Microsoft has given up on Windows Mobile because they can see that real Windows will be feasible on a handset within the next two generations of mobile phones. An Intel Atom x86 phone would be a category killer. One device to rule them all, whether Windows, MacOS, or Linux.

Posted via CB10
    Only problem is Intel has discontinued the Atom chips that were intended for low power x86 mobile devices. Microsoft has already said the Surface Atom powered tablets are dead. Intel has moved the on from the old Atom to a new Atom chip built for the IoT market. Asus has moved on from Intel powered phones. There will not be an Atom chip that could power a Surface Phone. Microsoft will let their OEMs continue with Win 10 Mobile phones, but the MS main mobile strategy is to push MS Applications and services on iOS and Android devices.
    09-06-16 02:59 PM
    OP, there is an Os being developed on the Firefox Os, the H5OS, the company says it will run web apps.
    Techies here, wud u please explain how exactly that may do away with native apps? Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 03:41 PM
    Only problem is Intel has discontinued the Atom chips that were intended for low power x86 mobile devices. Microsoft has already said the Surface Atom powered tablets are dead. Intel has moved the on from the old Atom to a new Atom chip built for the IoT market. Asus has moved on from Intel powered phones. There will not be an Atom chip that could power a Surface Phone. Microsoft will let their OEMs continue with Win 10 Mobile phones, but the MS main mobile strategy is to push MS Applications and services on iOS and Android devices.
    Did you just kill a dream...? ;-)))

What about the compute sticks..? Come on, WinTel, give us something....!

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-06-16 04:05 PM
    OP, there is an Os being developed on the Firefox Os, the H5OS, the company says it will run web apps.
    Techies here, wud u please explain how exactly that may do away with native apps? Thanks.

Uhm, Mozilla killed the FirefoxOS/Fire Phone project.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-06-16 04:08 PM
    Uhm, Mozilla killed the FirefoxOS/Fire Phone project.
    http://www.acadine.com

09-06-16 04:14 PM
    ACADINE

What, this one?

Newest challenger to iOS and Android software dies before leaving the gate - CNET
    09-06-16 04:29 PM
    So its the end.

09-06-16 04:40 PM
    Acadine hoped to build an alternative to potentially loosen Apple's and Google's grip on the market -- even though most people seem happy with their iPhones and Android devices.
    Thats the problem with fringe OS. The market they 'could' address is too small to make a profit on consumers. The alternative being selling a very high priced product that only enterprise could afford.
    blackmass likes this.
    09-06-16 04:45 PM
    Thats the problem with fringe OS. The market they 'could' address is too small to make a profit.
    As people get sick of Android & iPhone, v may see a revival / hope.
    I am buying Tizen for now.

09-06-16 04:48 PM
    As people get sick of Android & iPhone, v may see a revival / hope.
    I am buying Tizen for now.
    If people get sick of Android and iPhone.

(Yes, I know, it will happen eventually. But we could realistically be talking about decades.)
    09-06-16 05:11 PM
    If people get sick of Android and iPhone.

(Yes, I know, it will happen eventually. But we could realistically be talking about decades.)
    Like people got bored of Windows and Macs and they were replaced with other OSs?

Oh wait, that didn't happen and it's actually been decades.
    09-07-16 05:18 AM
    Did you just kill a dream...? ;-)))

What about the compute sticks..? Come on, WinTel, give us something....!

•   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   •
    AMD might just step up with the Styx APU. I hear its at 2W now.
    09-07-16 07:22 AM
    I know. But it's just hard for me to believe that, in 3-5 years, enterprises will still be happy supporting separate computers and mobile devices. It does not make sense in terms of security, economy or employee productivity.

Probably 50-75% of knowledge workers could do 90% of their work on a single converged portable computer / phone. But that device would need to be running a full-featured OS.

We've already seen that a 'lite' mobile OS that imitates a real OS (Windows Mobile) is a non starter. But the Surface Pro running Windows 10 Pro with a wireless data account and VOIP can replace almost all of a mobile phone's functionality.

It just seems like the logical endpoint is a single converged device, and that enterprises will prefer to converge on PCs vs. Mobile phones. I don't know any knowledge workers who could completely give up their corporate computer for a mobile phone, but, many could do the reverse if some basic mobile features and functionality (VOIP, camera, gps, gyro, etc.) were added to a tablet running Windows/MacOS/Linux with the right form factor.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 08:50 AM
    Like people got bored of Windows and Macs and they were replaced with other OSs?

Oh wait, that didn't happen and it's actually been decades.
    Don't you know $CURRENT_YEAR is the year of the Linux desktop?
    09-07-16 09:36 AM
    Don't you know $CURRENT_YEAR is the year of the Linux desktop?
    Nah, you're wrong. The year of Linux will be the same when the BB hypervisor will be launched. BB and the Linux overlords have come to a mutual beneficial agreement to overtake the tech world in the same year.
    09-07-16 09:39 AM
    Didn't Intel essentially scrap Atom for Skylake processors? Intel did not stop supporting mobile x86 processors all together. It's possible that Microsoft could release a Surface phone with a Skylake x86 processor running Windows 10 OS.

The background as I understand it is that Microsoft "threatened" Intel when they ported every feature of Windows 8 and 8.1 including Microsoft Office to work on an ARM chip for the Surface 2. When this happened Intel began working on better processors for low voltage mobile computing. Once Skylake came about, Microsoft stopped supporting ARM based Windows and Office products thus Surface 2 did not receive Windows 10 update.
    09-07-16 12:18 PM
    I've got almost twenty apps on my phone that don't require the internet to use them. Dictionaries, tide charts, maps, editing apps, etc. There's nothing worse than needing an app only to find you don't have an internet connection. If you spend most of your time in the city, this might not be a problem you face very often. but in some suburban locations and a lot of rural spots this happens all to often.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 12:35 PM
    First, i'm old and grumpy. I find apps like loyalty cards. After a while my wallet was so thick my *** hurt. So I ditched then. I'm sick of having to have an app to bank, buy gas, get a taxi. Every bloody retail shop wants you to use their "app", and not to mention have access to my contacts and camera. If I was king, I would ban all apps.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    09-08-16 06:33 PM
    The kind of question you pose after getting high I guess.

I welcome my stalker
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    09-09-16 06:01 AM
    Good luck with that. Wifi and cellular signals can be tracked and traced. You want anonymity? Stay in airplane mode.
    Exactly. It seems people still don't understand that if they want true privacy, they need to get off the grid.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-10-16 05:56 AM
    If you want anonymity don't buy a cell phone. I'm not worried about anonymity, just don't like the excessive snooping. There's a difference in being secure in your person, papers and effects and just being a ghost no one knows about. Lot more to anonymity than staying in airplane mode

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-10-16 06:22 AM
124 ... 345