It sounds weird but I broke off the bottom back cover of my 8900 and now for some reason, my reception SUCKS. I'll be lucky to have 2 bars even if I was in the T-mobile store itself (which one would assume to have decent reception for displaying phones. lol)

Now here's the strange part, sometimes when i grip my phone tightly, covering the part that broke off, I actually gain a couple bars. Is this just a coincidence? I'll get the replacement part if that's the cause of my reception problem.
    11-08-10 01:43 PM
    It sounds as if you damaged the antenna which is located at the bottom.

If you know how to disassemble the unit you can try reseating it. If not maybe
    take it in to a place that does these types of repairs.
    11-08-10 01:48 PM
    Try holding it upside down so the reception doesn't all pour out the hole. If you're lucky maybe a little extra will even drop inside too.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 02:22 AM
    Holy snap that's funny stuff lol.

Yeah probably damaged the antenna... See the price of repair compared to an insurance claim on it.

11-09-10 08:44 AM
    Try holding it upside down so the reception doesn't all pour out the hole. If you're lucky maybe a little extra will even drop inside too.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Lol maybe I can buy some antenna fluid and duct tape the opening while I'm at it? Lol

11-09-10 01:24 PM
    Oh by the way I fixed it. I got an antenna wire and faceplate off a friends broken BB and frankensteined my phone back to life. Thanks though

11-09-10 01:27 PM
    Great thread, had a good giggle.
    Glad to hear you fixed your leak

11-09-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD