As I type on my awesome Z10, in the Detroit Free Press on Sunday, there was an article titled; "My Ford Touch: Automaker takes critical beating. "It's on how Microsoft is screwing up Ford's My Touch system. The culprits? You guessed it, BUGS, the lack of buttons (which confuses their everyday driver) and it simply being dangerous for drivers to drive without buttons and knobs . Since 2010, Ford has dropped from 5th Best (Fewest number of problems/complaints against other nameplates) to 28th Best by JD Power.

This is where BlackBerry will and can continue to shine as we've seen in their car presentations. As an investor in BBRY, I want to see the Qnx software powered by BlackBerry in everything and I believe taking opportunities like this off the rivals misfortunes will put us back on top.

What do you think? How can BlackBerry take advantage? Sound off...

Typed via BB Z10. Find me on Twitter @ahsonn_carter
    06-25-13 11:43 AM
    Just like anything else, as long as the QNX/BB can pitch why to completely replace Fords current system they can take the business. MS will surely come up with bug fixes and will get better so QNX/BB have to beat them to the punch
    06-25-13 11:56 AM
    My thoughts exactly. BlackBerry has to continue to prove themselves, innovate, and sell!

Typed via BB Z10. Find me on Twitter @ahsonn_carter
    06-25-13 11:58 AM
    The problem is that everything BlackBerry is doing is button-less and touchbased. Car controls should absolutely not be touch based though as the options to be changed should be able to be done by feeling for buttons, not visually looking for what needs to be pressed.
    06-25-13 12:49 PM
    Sounds more like a UX problem than anything else. I don't see how QNX would be a valid option at this point since that wouldn't change the UX issues. Is Microsoft actually designing the solution end-to-end, or is it Ford that builds the UI (the same as manufacturers that are using QNX)?
    06-25-13 01:02 PM
    I don't see the QNX based uconnect in my Dodge being much different, bugs (such as songs restarting repeatedly) and touch controls that are dangerous to use while driving. At least volume is still buttons on the steering wheel.
    06-25-13 02:23 PM