Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:22 AM
    It can't do security through obscurity as well as BB10 does, but here's BB's overview of the process: Why BlackBerry?s Android is Best for Security and Privacy | Inside BlackBerry

Although, security is as much a function of the user as it is the platform.
    11-07-16 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry Android < BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Zeddepher and anon(4295315) like this.
    11-07-16 09:27 AM
    If u believe Chen, Android N will be just as secure as BB10 with their security upgrades or something like that I believe

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:35 AM
    Unless you purchase enterprise

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:52 AM
    No because they limited control over the OS and consumer rejected BB10 so there is no motivation there to start with.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-07-16 12:25 PM
    I would say no. Android is open source. To an extent. Where bb10 was a controlled os

#luvmybb10os
    11-07-16 12:32 PM
    I really don't see how anyone can "harden" the security of operating system especially, if it delays the deployment of updates that are necessary to patch known vulnerabilities ASAP.
    11-07-16 12:39 PM
    I don't think that Boeing would have used Android for its phone if it was the security nightmare that some would have you believe.
    11-07-16 01:20 PM
    Never had a problem with security on BBOS
    Never had a problem with security on BB10
    Never had a problem with security on Android

so subjectively, yes they can.
    Although with Android and iOS, its the user who is the biggest risk to security rather than the OS itself
    stlabrat and TgeekB like this.
    11-10-16 08:04 AM
    BlackBerry is one of the most incompetent companies of our times ... they can't even tie their own shoelaces, or 'organize a merry dance in a brewery'.
    11-10-16 08:07 AM
    BlackBerry is one of the most incompetent companies of our times ... they can't even tie their own shoelaces, or 'organize a merry dance in a brewery'.
    Actually the way they transitioned from BBOS to MDM was very competent.
    It was the failed BB10 experience that was truly incompetent
    11-10-16 08:14 AM
    As long as monthly Android security patches are needed,
    I can't believe that Android gonna "OS10-secure".

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-10-16 08:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Would you prefer holes to remain unfixed for months/years at a time due to lack of updates?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-10-16 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    you realise technology doesnt stand still?
    Unlike BB10 which has the luxury of not having thousands of teams dedicated to cracking it open, Android has to stay on top of things and advances with the times
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-10-16 08:51 AM
    Would you prefer holes to remain unfixed for months/years at a time due to lack of updates?
    I'd prefer a 'phone' that doesn't have everything wide-open in the first place. Something that is actually primarily a communications appliance and not a general purpose PC squeezed inside something that vaguely resembles a mobile telephone.
    11-10-16 10:03 AM
    Never had a problem with security on BBOS
    Never had a problem with security on BB10
    Never had a problem with security on Android

so subjectively, yes they can.
    Although with Android and iOS, its the user who is the biggest risk to security rather than the OS itself
    Well said.
    11-10-16 10:26 AM
    I'd prefer a 'phone' that doesn't have everything wide-open in the first place. Something that is actually primarily a communications appliance and not a general purpose PC squeezed inside something that vaguely resembles a mobile telephone.
    Is droid open source? you need some OPEN to call it I believe. security and encryption can be done on software and hardware. Google provide OS and allow to be customized, and rest is depend upon who ever use it (free remind you)... no hardware encryption they provide... it depend upon who ever handset maker to determine if they want to spend money and resource to put any hardware encryption... based on their user requirements and willingness to pay (don't think those are located in china).
    11-10-16 10:28 AM
    That can be true for any system, if the user is dumb enough.
    11-10-16 11:04 AM
    Well, baby steps. Let's see if they can get their droid phones to have user selectable app permissions like Blackphone and Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:06 AM
    Even your hypothetical step up from two tin cans on a string has software on it (device drivers, email client, telephony, etc.), software that always has the potential for security holes.

Frequent discovery and correction of software flaws is better than hiding it and hoping for the best.
    11-10-16 11:06 AM
    Even your hypothetical step up from two tin cans .
    11-10-16 11:21 AM
    you realise technology doesnt stand still?
    Unlike BB10 which has the luxury of not having thousands of teams dedicated to cracking it open, Android has to stay on top of things and advances with the times
    If you are able to crack open OS10 you might have access to more delicate data than on Android.
    There is a reason why some companies have to use it over Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:20 PM
    Android is way more open than OS10 - so it will take some more OS versions to bring it to OS10's level.
    I don't say that it isn't able to catch up - but I'm doubting that the next version is on the level of OS10.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:21 PM
    Do BlackBerry security enhancements provide what most users need? When I think about my security needs, first, I need my phone to be locked to anyone else who may physically obtain it. Second, I need my certain apps to be locked for the times that I might allow others to handle my phone. As I use my smartphone for more sensitive things like financial transactions, home automation, and messaging, it needs to be locked and encrypted at all times.
    11-10-16 01:36 PM
61 123