As per topic, I'm getting a smartphone, but I'm looking at software rather then hardware, and specifically at GTD/organizer applications. It does not matter whether the app comes with the phone or I have to install another program. The app has to be able to

1. Daily, weekly and monthly to do
    2. To do with no deadline till I tick it off
    3. long term and short term projects
    4. financial tracker (to track how much I spend on a project)
    5. Able to keep backlog of 1-4 for few months at least

and of cos, stability of the OS and ease at typing are also important.

Please advise. Thanks
    07-05-09 12:02 AM
    As per topic, I'm getting a smartphone, but I'm looking at software rather then hardware, and specifically at GTD/organizer applications. It does not matter whether the app comes with the phone or I have to install another program. The app has to be able to

1. Daily, weekly and monthly to do
    2. To do with no deadline till I tick it off
    3. long term and short term projects
    4. financial tracker (to track how much I spend on a project)
    5. Able to keep backlog of 1-4 for few months at least

and of cos, stability of the OS and ease at typing are also important.

Please advise. Thanks
    These will sync with Microsoft Outlook and a couple of other apps.

1. The native Tasks app lets you put due dates in, but it doesn't break it down into daily, weekly, monthly views. You can sort it by due date and priority, though. There are probably other apps that are more sophisticated about that, but I'm not familiar with them.

2. Yes, the native Tasks app can be used with no deadline(s) until you check it off.

3. Not familiar with project management apps for BB...no native apps afaik but probably some 3rd party ones.

4. There are numerous cost-tracking/expense type apps available, including for call logging. Search the Apps store.

5. Calendar app can be configured to keep previous appointments indefinitely. Other than that, not sure to what type of backlog you are referring.

Not sure what "cos" is, but official OS releases are very stable, though perhaps a bit dated (i.e. not flashy). Some minor memory leaks, but nothing drastic. BlackBerries are highly secure. As for typing, BBs are generally considered to have pretty much the best keyboards in the business. The Bold is, IMHO, the cream of the crop, and not just because it's the one I use. That comes from having used quite a few. Great, great keyboard for a smartphone.

Hopefully others can help even more. Good luck.
    07-05-09 12:44 AM
    There's an application for BlackBerry called NextAction, and another from the same developer called TaskMaster...these are both apps designed to implement GTD on your BB...
    07-05-09 01:08 AM
    Well I looked at the two apps, and there's quite a hefty price tag attached to nextaction. Considering I'm not going to use pushmail, you think I would be better off with another OS like symbian?
    07-05-09 03:59 AM
    I've been looking for something like this too. And integratin with MS Project or another Gantt chat software.

Found TodoMatrix and Project Manager 3.0.

Looking for more thou. I wanna plan on the laptop and manage fom the Blackberry...
    09-12-09 10:12 AM
    Check out slicktasks, it's true to the name and extremely customizeable.

It's available in the CrackBerry app store for $5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bhoop; 09-12-09 at 10:19 AM.
    09-12-09 10:17 AM
    Check out the apps at the app shop and see is there's something that fits your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD