Always hear how the BB is so business but yet by default can't view a pdf file? I knows its possible cause my buddy has a diff phone and they come right up.

Please tell me I just have something set wrong and it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 01:05 AM
    Docs to go...comes with the phone..you have to pay for the full version. Theres also other pdf readers that you can buy that are better.
    03-27-10 01:10 AM
    I use repligo-very cheap but very very efficient. You can also view by pressing bb button, but if I want to zoom in without being blurry and go to different parts of the file , repligo is the way to go. I get pdf,s all the time. Hope this helps.

03-27-10 03:40 AM
    RepliGo Reader, I second that choice. An excellent PDF reader, integrates nicely with the BlackBerry infrastructure. You can open PDF e-mail attachments directly and the application is very versatile with options, it also has a special "reading" view that extracts only text data to display you in a large font should the PDF be hard to navigate due to special formatting. Multiple zooming levels are also included! Also, the PDF to Go component in Documents to Go Premium is based on RepliGo Reader. I highly recommend it!
    03-27-10 04:21 AM
    Thanks guys, wish it was something included in the phone and not something we had to pay for.

03-27-10 06:40 AM
    I can view pdf files attached to emails without any additional software on my Bold 9000. You cannot do much more than view, zoom and go to a certain page by default. I believe by default a blackberry views a pdf as an image. I had an 8700 before this and could do the same thing.

03-27-10 08:26 AM
    Yep. You can "view" PDF files as attachments to an email message with the native software. As noted above, the email application "converts" the file to an image for viewing.

You need a third party application to view a stored/saved PDF.

And easy work around is to email the file(s) to yourself.
    03-27-10 08:54 AM
    I went to the webpage and send the link address to my email, the link address was there but said entity was to big when I clicked on it. Then I realized u guys said an attachment, which defeats the purpose cause then I need to save it on a pc first then email it to my BB, at that point ill view it the pc.

Thanks for your info

03-27-10 11:57 AM
    It is ********. So there aren't any free PDF readers out there?
    03-27-10 12:52 PM

guess not for the BB, my buddy opens his right in his browser on his phone
    03-27-10 01:09 PM
    I open and view pdfs on my 9550 all the time. I never installed or paid for and app to do it. I just click on the attachment in an email and select download attachment. It opens right up and I can zoom in and out. I've never tried to edit one though.

03-27-10 02:10 PM
    I open and view pdfs on my 9550 all the time. I never installed or paid for and app to do it. I just click on the attachment in an email and select download attachment. It opens right up and I can zoom in and out. I've never tried to edit one though.

I'm trying to view a pdf off of a website, not as an email attachment
    03-27-10 02:18 PM
    I have that problem too. And the PDF is too big to e-mail due to BIS limitations.
    03-27-10 02:24 PM
    Do you realize how offensive that "r" word is to parts of the population? You really shouldn't use it.

And no, there are currently no free PDF readers for BlackBerry.
    03-27-10 07:16 PM
    Repligo Reader is well worth the price and far from being expensive.

03-27-10 07:47 PM
    Repligo Reader looks like a good way to go but $15 dollars to be able to view PDF files? That is not cool RIM. Not cool at all. I don't care what you say. Even if you email the file to yourself, which I've had to do in the past, its not always possible the view the PDF even then, due to the file size limits imposed on BIS customers.
    03-28-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD